News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

TrainsOfDisney

You’ve showed up in the late afternoon and gotten tickets to a show many times? I imagine you’ve see Chicago “many times” then.
Once was enough for Chicago!!

My last visit (October 2019) I saw Hamilton, Aladdin, moulin rouge, freestyle love supreme, and dear evan. All purchased day of.

To keep it Disney focused I missed Jonathan Freeman as Jaffar by like one week. I had seen the show on tour but really wanted to see him :-/ oh well!

Parker in NYC

Once was enough for Chicago!!

My last visit (October 2019) I saw Hamilton, Aladdin, moulin rouge, freestyle love supreme, and dear evan. All purchased day of.

To keep it Disney focused I missed Jonathan Freeman as Jaffar by like one week. I had seen the show on tour but really wanted to see him :-/ oh well!
Based on advance ticket sales, it's going to be even easier this fall.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Park pass replenishment in process for APs in July -

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 11.51.43 AM.png

Also a replenishment for Resort/Ticket Guests in Magic Kingdom for the first few days in July -

Before/After

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 10.30.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 12.03.42 PM.png

Last edited:

Touchdown

The whole park pass game of musical chairs is becoming silly at this point. Major source of guest dissatisfaction.

For a company that conditioned people on scheduling everything months ahead of time, now to do things on a day by day basis is beyond absurd.
That’s why I expect this to glow away fairly soon, at least for resort and non AP guests.

Last edited:

NelsonRD

I wish Disney would please stop doing this. I scheduled a trip months ago for July, with the expectation of park capacity limits, limited entertainment, increased sanitation, and no fastpass. Not including the fact that dining reservations for Hollywood Studios lunch are non-existant. Each increment of capacity makes me concerned, as COVID restrictions and procedures went away very quickly, although it is still a concern. We still do not know what vaccinated means, what variants are a threat, and if the vaccine is effective, or requires yearly boosters.

Disney has increased July at least 4 other times since I have been watching. I understand this may not be popular, as more people are excited to go, but I was looking forward to a less crowded trip in July, as it is the only month we can see anything related to the 50th this year.

We understood it would be busy and crowded, but we were not planning on full capacity, which seems like it will basically be, by the time we arrive. Maybe expect heavy crowds and be pleasantly surprised?

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

I wish Disney would please stop doing this. I scheduled a trip months ago for July, with the expectation of park capacity limits, limited entertainment, increased sanitation, and no fastpass. Not including the fact that dining reservations for Hollywood Studios lunch are non-existant. Each increment of capacity makes me concerned, as COVID restrictions and procedures went away very quickly, although it is still a concern. We still do not know what vaccinated means, what variants are a threat, and if the vaccine is effective, or requires yearly boosters.

Disney has increased July at least 4 other times since I have been watching. I understand this may not be popular, as more people are excited to go, but I was looking forward to a less crowded trip in July, as it is the only month we can see anything related to the 50th this year.

We understood it would be busy and crowded, but we were not planning on full capacity, which seems like it will basically be, by the time we arrive. Maybe expect heavy crowds and be pleasantly surprised?
I will try to refrain from commenting on Covid concerns, but Disney has increased capacity and will continue to do so. Come July, I would imagine you will see considerable crowds, comparable to July’s of year past? Probably not. But there will be crowds, and it will probably seem pretty crowded, it most likely wont be “full capacity”. I don’t know when you intend to visit, but the busiest time of this July will probably be 4th of July weekend. I don’t mean to sound redundant but to hope for lack of crowds is just setting yourself up for disappointment. If you’re feeling a little weary, I’d cancel or make sure to mask up and bring some of your own sanitizer. I don’t mean any offense or Ill-will by this post, I’m just giving you my take.

Also an edit: We do know that the vaccine is highly effective, against the variants we are facing come this fall, we don’t know. But Disney is following CDC guidelines, and to be honest, they were being much stricter than the CDC for the majority of their reopening phase. While WDW is a tourist hotspot, it exists in a state that has basically had little to no respect for social distancing and masks since last September when DeSantis reopened bars & basically removed all capacity limits.

jklakeview

I think it’s crazy to expect Disney not to continue to increase attendance and to expect them to stop availability of their parks. I don’t think that I would have expected anything different as the concerns lessen, people dying to go on vacations after being stuck in their house for what felt like a lifetime, and the full role out and availability of vaccines. Everywhere I’ve been is more crowded than usual. The only part of what Disney is doing wrong is not making everything open and available. I bet anything it’s due to lack of workers. Everywhere that we have been has less people working. People are lazy right now and also still collecting a lot of money with unemployment. That will end soon. If Disney wants to financially recover and go back to pre Covid levels, expect regular crowds, but they should have everything open and also have FPS, shows, and parades back. I know some people love not having FPS but if you use them wisely, they do help avoid longer lines. Also, shows and parades help move crowds around a little. I see no problem with allowing more people and making money but I just think they should keep opening more and more with it as far as rides and attractions.

NelsonRD

And it looks like it happened again this morning. As of this morning EST, there is now availability for 4 July 2021, as last night there was not. Last week much of July was unavailable for the Magic Kingdom most of July, now all days are available. When we booked, HS was unavailable most of July, and has shown availability almost every day since, even though there are not dining reservations to be found.

jklakeview

And it looks like it happened again this morning. As of this morning EST, there is now availability for 4 July 2021, as last night there was not. Last week much of July was unavailable for the Magic Kingdom most of July, now all days are available. When we booked, HS was unavailable most of July, and has shown availability almost every day since, even though there are not dining reservations to be found.
I’m not telling you what to do but if you’re upset because you want it to be less busy then really I don’t agree with you. You’re just complaining for selfish reasons. If you’re complaining because you’re nervous about Covid still, I would think that Disney should and would work with you for a credit or refund.

pdude81

I think it’s crazy to expect Disney not to continue to increase attendance and to expect them to stop availability of their parks. I don’t think that I would have expected anything different as the concerns lessen, people dying to go on vacations after being stuck in their house for what felt like a lifetime, and the full role out and availability of vaccines. Everywhere I’ve been is more crowded than usual. The only part of what Disney is doing wrong is not making everything open and available. I bet anything it’s due to lack of workers. Everywhere that we have been has less people working. People are lazy right now and also still collecting a lot of money with unemployment. That will end soon. If Disney wants to financially recover and go back to pre Covid levels, expect regular crowds, but they should have everything open and also have FPS, shows, and parades back. I know some people love not having FPS but if you use them wisely, they do help avoid longer lines. Also, shows and parades help move crowds around a little. I see no problem with allowing more people and making money but I just think they should keep opening more and more with it as far as rides and attractions.
They seem to be letting in many more guests before opening more attractions and restaurants though. If we can be on top of each other in queues and standing in the bus then they should be able to have cast close together in backstage areas.

NelsonRD

I’m not telling you what to do but if you’re upset because you want it to be less busy then really I don’t agree with you. You’re just complaining for selfish reasons. If you’re complaining because you’re nervous about Covid still, I would think that Disney should and would work with you for a credit or refund.

There is the negative comment that is usually associated with posts. I just claimed they are increasing capacity, back to back, within days of the previous increases, in a still uncertain environment, with known staffing issues, reductions in entertainment, fully booked restaurants, and at this point, they should just end the charade.

I booked a trip with certain expectations that have now changed. It doesn't mean I expect to have the park to myself. It also doesn't mean that I am going to cancel out of fear or anger. I am just expressing that I am in favor of the park pass capacity limits, which now serves more as an attendance counter, than an attendance limiter. Disney seems to be moving the goalpost too quickly here. I won't be surprised if fastpass returns at some level before our trip at the end of July.

You can agree that the increases seems to not make sense or not, but that doesn't mean I am being selfish, and a complainer. I can equally call others selfish and a complainer for wanting to go a day with no availability too.

ifan

There is the negative comment that is usually associated with posts. I just claimed they are increasing capacity, back to back, within days of the previous increases, in a still uncertain environment, with known staffing issues, reductions in entertainment, fully booked restaurants, and at this point, they should just end the charade.

I booked a trip with certain expectations that have now changed. It doesn't mean I expect to have the park to myself. It also doesn't mean that I am going to cancel out of fear or anger. I am just expressing that I am in favor of the park pass capacity limits, which now serves more as an attendance counter, than an attendance limiter. Disney seems to be moving the goalpost too quickly here. I won't be surprised if fastpass returns at some level before our trip at the end of July.

You can agree that the increases seems to not make sense or not, but that doesn't mean I am being selfish, and a complainer. I can equally call others selfish and a complainer for wanting to go a day with no availability too.
I would respectfully argue the opposite. That Disney has not been moving too quickly but rather too slowly. They have been extremely conservative and cautious in their removal of regulations over the past several months. Now they'd probably prefer to be back at 100% capacity, with the main hold up being staffing and logistics. As they are able to confirm rehires and CP staffing levels, they are presumably increasing the capacity limits on a weekly basis as new info comes in. It's all pretty logical. As the staffing and capacity increases, so will the entertainment provided (fireworks, etc.)

The environment for safety and regulations isn't uncertain at all, at least for this summer. The only uncertainty seems to be their staffing capabilities. Hence the trickle of added capacity.

One area I'd agree on is the restaurant reservations. They need to put extra focus on staffing these up for 100% capacity to ensure a positive experience for hungry visitors. The $1000 hiring bonuses for wait staff and chefs should help. So should the college program.

On the subject of of a park pass system, I am not a fan. Decades ago we enjoyed waking up and not knowing which park we'd even go to that day. Of course, FastPass completely changed this and made the vacation very different. I think that your upcoming July trip will be enjoyable and I truly hope it turns out that way!

jklakeview

I have to disagree. Unless I read it wrong your main complaint was that you expected a trip with less crowds (the thing that we all want) but in order to acheive that goal you want Disney to stop raising their capacity. Disney world is always busy now, you sort of booked thinking that everything would be status quo. I don’t know when you booked but I could have told you that as things changed outside of Disney, Disney as a business would change as well. Every business is stopping social distancing and masks. As a vaccinated individual, I for one am happy to see normalcy again, even if that includes a busier Disney world. Where Disney is dropping the ball (And probably being cheap) is that they aren’t opening everything with the speed that they are increasing the crowd. If that was your argument, I would have been onboard with you, but (unless I read it wrong) your complaint was that you wanted a less busy trip. That seems to be a selfish complaint to me. Not arguing, just my opinion.

Indy_UK

Disneyland Paris has it right. No Park reservations required if your staying on site as the have counted that in already into the daily allocation. Keep reservations for day guests and annual pass holders.

increases satisfaction and revenue from those staying onsite

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom