News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

cosmicgirl

To anyone who's looking for MK or Epcot on October 1st, or Epcot on the 2nd: just keep trying, even if the calendar says there's nothing. I was able to get Epcot on the 1st two days ago, then switched to MK on the 1st yesterday, and added Epcot on the 2nd. None of these were available according to the calendar.

nickys

Premium Member
What will it take for them to drop the 2:00 park hopping limit? Is ROTR the true limiting factor here?

(wasn't sure where to pose this question)
Pretty sure the 1pm drop of RotR still has a theme park reservation check, as well as that you have entered DHS. So I don’t think that has any bearing on the park hopping time, which was based on the data they had about when wait times started dropping.

JohnD

To anyone who's looking for MK or Epcot on October 1st, or Epcot on the 2nd: just keep trying, even if the calendar says there's nothing. I was able to get Epcot on the 1st two days ago, then switched to MK on the 1st yesterday, and added Epcot on the 2nd. None of these were available according to the calendar.

Can you check without losing your park reservations? Currently I have Epcot on the 1st and MK on the 2nd.

cosmicgirl

Can you check without losing your park reservations? Currently I have Epcot on the 1st and MK on the 2nd.
Not that I'm aware of. We had Epcot for the 1st and I sacrificed that for one person thinking I could get it back right away if MK didn't pan out. This was at a time when the US was still (mostly) asleep. That didn't work, though, as I couldn't get Epcot back on the 1st. An hour later I used that profile to check for MK and it worked. So I quickly cancelled Epcot and got MK on the 1st one profile at a time. Then I did the reverse for the 2nd (switched MK to Epcot one profile at a time).

JohnD

Not that I'm aware of. We had Epcot for the 1st and I sacrificed that for one person thinking I could get it back right away if MK didn't pan out. This was at a time when the US was still (mostly) asleep. That didn't work, though, as I couldn't get Epcot back on the 1st. An hour later I used that profile to check for MK and it worked. So I quickly cancelled Epcot and got MK on the 1st one profile at a time. Then I did the reverse for the 2nd (switched MK to Epcot one profile at a time).

Well, I'm nervous about even trying. Let's say I do get MK on 10/1. I may not be able to switch my MK 10/2 reservation to Epcot. I may just want to keep what I have for Epcot on 10/1 and be among the first to ride Rat with the option to hop to MK after 2pm. I understand that capacity may limit that option.

cosmicgirl

Well, I'm nervous about even trying. Let's say I do get MK on 10/1. I may not be able to switch my MK 10/2 reservation to Epcot. I may just want to keep what I have for Epcot on 10/1 and be among the first to ride Rat with the option to hop to MK after 2pm. I understand that capacity may limit that option.
Rat really isn't that good tbh. If we can make it over there it's for the anniversary, not in the least bit for Rat. But that's a personal choice. If this hadn't worked I probably would've temporarily added someone to our package as a test profile. I wasn't expecting it to work on day 2 of trying, but it did, so there was no need for a test profile.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Park Pass replenishment for Resort/Ticket guests currently in process -

Before/After

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 6.43.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 4.21.53 PM.png

Raineman

I'm gonna be one of those people who jump in on the last page, so this may have already come up, but: I think there are many people who usually go to MK on the first day of their trip. Has this PPS made that more difficult? Is there a pattern as to which day of the week people would first visit the parks? We always arrive at our resort on a Sunday, and head to MK on Monday. We have always, when pre-booking FP and ADRs, always had a plan for which park each day, which always had MK first and last day, DAK second and second to last day, and a combo of Epcot & DHS in between. If this PPS is still in place next year when we come back, I'm hoping that this system will still allow us to do this, but I'm not overly confident that it will, and I admit I would be disappointed if we couldn't at least get MK for the beginning and end of our stay.

ImperfectPixie

I'm gonna be one of those people who jump in on the last page, so this may have already come up, but: I think there are many people who usually go to MK on the first day of their trip. Has this PPS made that more difficult? Is there a pattern as to which day of the week people would first visit the parks? We always arrive at our resort on a Sunday, and head to MK on Monday. We have always, when pre-booking FP and ADRs, always had a plan for which park each day, which always had MK first and last day, DAK second and second to last day, and a combo of Epcot & DHS in between. If this PPS is still in place next year when we come back, I'm hoping that this system will still allow us to do this, but I'm not overly confident that it will, and I admit I would be disappointed if we couldn't at least get MK for the beginning and end of our stay.
Going to MK our first day is really important to us, too. I would suggest using Touring Plans' crowd calendar and maybe tweaking your arrival date if you need to in order to better guarantee you'll be able to do MK as your first day. We've done that in the past and while there wasn't a park reservation system at the time, we were able to avoid huge crowds at MK our first day by doing so.

pdude81

Which is why I don’t worry about Disney eliminating the program here like they did in California. There are a lot less of us here, and the numbers are far more manageable.
They'd lose a lot of ground to Uni if they discontinued AP when they have a third park coming. I'm willing to pay the ransom on fastpasses but not willing to pay for new tickets on each trip if going multiple times a year. Everybody has their line in the sand.

DCBaker

Premium Member
In addition to the above for Resort/Ticket Guests, AP Park Passes have just been replenished for AK/DHS/EPCOT in October.

Before/After -

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 12.58.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 2.43.40 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom