News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes. Notice however that it does not say “this is the time that you can enter the park.”
Insanely convoluted. Why is it there at all?

Direct from the WDW website:

Step 3: Select a Date and Park

Choose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability.
After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:
  • Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
  • Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
  • Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
After selecting your date, park and time, you can confirm your reservation.

So if the park hours are listed in the second bullet above when you select a park why is there a third bullet that says select a time? If it just lists the park hours then why call it select? There’s nothing to select. I suspect the system was designed to allow for time windows for arrival but they just aren’t using it that way.

flutas

For clarity: The "Select a Time" option *ONLY* confirms that particular park's operating hours for that day. There are no assigned entrance times, this is simply how they get you to acknowledge that you agree to that park's hours on that specific day.

Nope. There will be specific times for entrance. You can read this on the WDW website here.

After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:

• Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
  • Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
  • Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.

So if the park hours are listed in the second bullet above when you select a park why is there a third bullet that says select a time? If it just lists the park hours then why call it select? There’s nothing to select. I suspect the system was designed to allow for time windows for arrival but they just aren’t using it that way.

FWIW, the preview of the system I saw (for DLR though) included timeslots and you had to reserve them to enter at that time.

disneyland_date_time copy.png

disneyland.disney.go.com_entry-reservation_ (3) copy.png

Ravenclaw78

OK, I'm really confused. I'm pretty sure I'm just missing some key information that is written plain as day, so maybe it'll make more sense if I re-read it tomorrow morning when I'm more awake, but in the meantime... I've got a trip planned over Thanksgiving week. DVC resort reservation is linked to my MDE account. Three of us have annual passes (linked in MDE), two do not currently have tickets (they were mostly planning to wander through all the resorts to see the holiday decorations, but we planned to buy them tickets for one day so they could see MK decked out). Do we have to make park reservations on Monday, or do the reservations happen 60 days out like dining will? And reservations require tickets, right? So we would have to purchase tickets for the remaining two guests before making reservations, or just make reservations for the three of us and hope they don't suddenly decide they wanted to go into the parks after all? It's back-to-back with a cruise that may or may not end up sailing at this point, and the current plan was to wait a while longer before buying WDW tickets until we know when cruising will resume. If the cruise is cancelled, we'll likely cancel the WDW portion as well.

Hope that made sense. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out the logistics of Disney reservations, but my brain just won't wrap itself around today's announcements for some reason.

dreday3

Anyone know if it's true that for 2021 you can no longer book room only and buy tickets separately and must book a package instead? Makes no sense but that's what a CM had said.

Thanks!

Miss Bella

This isn't how the "select time" feature will be used.

Once you validate your admission, select your date, and select the park, you will "select time" to acknowledge that you understand that park's operating hours. They went over this extensively in our training: That's simply where that park's operating hours for that day will be listed and by selecting them you will agree that you understand the new hours.
Do you need to have a package or will room and tickets suffice for 2020? I’ve read in 2021 you have to convert to a package.

flutas

Anyone know if it's true that for 2021 you can no longer book room only and buy tickets separately and must book a package instead? Makes no sense but that's what a CM had said.

Thanks!

That's the way the message they posted today reads as well.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Nope. There will be specific times for entrance. You can read this on the WDW website here.

FWIW, the preview of the system I saw (for DLR though) included timeslots and you had to reserve them to enter at that time.

View attachment 477715
View attachment 477716
That makes sense and seems to be what it’s designed for but maybe they just decided not to use time slots for WDW. The other posted went through the demo today and they said that it’s not a time slot just confirming the park hours.

mickeyt

I kinda wonder why they didn't phase the callin/registrations? July and August trips register Monday. Sept and Oct register Wednesday. Etc.......
Anyone that has registered for a runDisney event can guess there is a train wreck (Disney IT) coming.

dreday3

That's the way the message they posted today reads as well.

Thats upsetting as I already booked room only for next year. Got a great rate too. Was planning to purchase tickets through job.

Now by making me switch to a package they will cancel old reservation and make a new one at new rates!!! How convenient for Disney, how crappy for me.

PREMiERdrum

View attachment 477715
View attachment 477716

I went through the training on this today. Our BDM said *explicitly* that at WDW the "select a time" option will only be used to display that park's hours, hence "the time you can visit the park." It appears that DL will be using select gate call times, which makes sense since both their parks are accessed from a central plaza.

Unless they are asking Disney travel agents to outright misinform their guests, they made it clear that designated gate times were not being used at WDW.

Hcalvert

14 days available to reserve with a resort, 2 if not resort? You don't think that's a little skewed? Meanwhile people with a resort will be gobbling up all reservations months in advance? It could turn into FoP FP+ all over again.

If park reservations fill as quickly as they are making it sound, it could be weeks or months between getting a day. That's... not great for someone that paid for access to a Disney park for 330-365 days a year.
Just like how the FP booking was. APs will be able to book the number of days they have in their resort reservation UP TO 14 days--not 14 days automatically. I have an AP and a resort reservation for July 10-24, so I can book up to 14 days. I did have more than 14 days, but cut off two days thankfully.

Last edited:

flutas

I went through the training on this today. Our BDM said *explicitly* that at WDW the "select a time" option will only be used to display that park's hours, hence "the time you can visit the park." It appears that DL will be using select gate call times, which makes sense since both their parks are accessed from a central plaza.

Unless they are asking Disney travel agents to outright misinform their guests, they made it clear that designated gate times were not being used at WDW.

Interesting, not doubting you just going off my info.

Could also be a crossed wire somewhere due to the differences in parks.

I guess we will find out on Monday when the system goes live.

DreamalittleDisney

Hmm so wonder if you can return to your chosen park later in the day say if you want to go back the resort half way through?

jinx8402

Hmm so wonder if you can return to your chosen park later in the day say if you want to go back the resort half way through?

I don't see why not. Your already counted towards the capacity limits.

For WDW, when you select the time does it show the full 9am-7pm? Or does it only list the opening time? If it just shows the opening time...I think a lot of people might assume that is when they have to go for their reservation. Could have the opposite effect of spreading everyone out

PREMiERdrum

I don't see why not. Your already counted towards the capacity limits.

For WDW, when you select the time does it show the full 9am-7pm? Or does it only list the opening time? If it just shows the opening time...I think a lot of people might assume that is when they have to go for their reservation. Could have the opposite effect of spreading everyone out
It will display that park's hours for that specific day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom