News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney corporate: “Hey, Disney Data team, if we further restrict guests from getting into the park thereby creating even more demand, will that result in less folks spending more money in the parks?”

Disney Data: “We have no idea, but it sounds like fun! Sort of like when you messed with an ant hill when you was a kid, you know, you mess with it and the ants go crazy, sounds like fun, let’s to it!”

Disney Data: We've been doing that for two years now and each quarter 'yield' per person has gone up and we've had record-breaking quarters of revenue. Keep it up!!

Basil of Baker Street

You were free to just make one. And then once you’d used it you could hop and book your remaining “advance” ones. You were also free to not book any and decide on the day where to go and then book them.
Sure, but you run the risk of not getting headliners. Also I've yet to see a park at capacity so I don't think much has changed.

And all 3 FPs had to be in the same park so you were stuck there. We have had a reservation system for nearly 10 years.

I hate when people compare the FP system to park reservations. FP reservations guaranteed that for no additional cost, you would get to go on at least 3 rides with a minimal wait time. With FP, I could still rope drop MK during early EMH, then head to HS and use my 3 FP's, then hop to another park all before 2pm if I wanted to. Park pass reservations do not allow this, nor do they come with any "perks" such as a guarantee to get on 3 rides with minimal wait times.

Basil of Baker Street

I hate when people compare the FP system to park reservations. FP reservations guaranteed that for no additional cost, you would get to go on at least 3 rides with a minimal wait time. With FP, I could still rope drop MK during early EMH, then head to HS and use my 3 FP's, then hop to another park all before 2pm if I wanted to. Park pass reservations do not allow this, nor do they come with any "perks" such as a guarantee to get on 3 rides with minimal wait times.
I hate people who hate people who compare the FP system to park reservations.

Disstevefan1

Just in time for Halloween they added a new headstone to the Haunted Mansion
RIPvisits4.jpg

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

COVID killed spontaneity everywhere. I have to pick a 15-minute window to show up at the local zoo!
I am guessing you can get one for the same day?

The sad thing is, even the families traveling from Denver and Seattle who want to change the park they want to visit on a given day, can't, due to PPRs.

ToTBellHop

I am guessing you can get one for the same day?

The sad thing is, even the families traveling from Denver and Seattle who want to change the park they want to visit on a given day, can't, due to PPRs.
No, actually. Local places routinely sell out on weekends now. The local aquarium is harder to plan than a WDW park for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom