News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Dr.GrantSeeker

Please humor me. This park pass reservation system is a mess. I have an AP and am a resort guest next week. I am trying to modify my Thursday or Friday park passes. The AP calendar says all parks are available for Thursday and Friday (photo1), May 19,20. But when I try to go edit my park pass reservation it only gives me the option to cancel instead of modify (photos2,3). How this gets even more frustrating is that when I go to actually book additional park reservations, that calendar says there is no availability at all those days (AP and resort hotel calendar, photos 4,5). So what calendar is correct? I don't want to cancel my reservation so I can book a new park and then be told by the website that there is no more availability even though it shows it. Any advice? Attached are screen shots to show what I am talking about.

pp1.PNG
pp2.0.jpg
pp3.0.jpg
pp4.PNG
pp5.PNG

DCBaker

Premium Member
Please humor me. This park pass reservation system is a mess. I have an AP and am a resort guest next week. I am trying to modify my Thursday or Friday park passes. The AP calendar says all parks are available for Thursday and Friday (photo1), May 19,20. But when I try to go edit my park pass reservation it only gives me the option to cancel instead of modify (photos2,3). How this gets even more frustrating is that when I go to actually book additional park reservations, that calendar says there is no availability at all those days (AP and resort hotel calendar, photos 4,5). So what calendar is correct? I don't want to cancel my reservation so I can book a new park and then be told by the website that there is no more availability even though it shows it. Any advice? Attached are screen shots to show what I am talking about.

View attachment 638016View attachment 638020View attachment 638021View attachment 638023View attachment 638024

I just tried to make reservations for the 19th and 20th and all parks are indeed currently open for APs.

pdude81

View attachment 638016View attachment 638020View attachment 638021View attachment 638023View attachment 638024
I think the availability calendar is right and it blocks you from trying to pick any of them if you already have a pass. I just have never had the stones to straight out cancel if I was toying with changing something. I just tested this with a new reservation for August when nothing is closed, and it shows me nothing is available for any of the days I have already booked a park pass with the selected user(s). I think you can cancel your stuff and book away.

Disney Glimpses

I think the availability calendar is right and it blocks you from trying to pick any of them if you already have a pass. I just have never had the stones to straight out cancel if I was toying with changing something. I just tested this with a new reservation for August when nothing is closed, and it shows me nothing is available for any of the days I have already booked a park pass with the selected user(s). I think you can cancel your stuff and book away.
Correct. It's a pretty bad UX.

Rob562

Is there a bot set up on Twitter or somewhere else that reports on park reservation availability coming and going? I have a friend who will be in Central FL in a couple weeks and made the last-minute decision to do a day at the Studios to see Galaxy's Edge. She was crushed when I told her about the park reservation system and that all parks except Epcot are booked up for her day.

(I also see that days this week randomly opened back up, so all hope isn't lost just yet, but without a bot it's going to be a lot of prowling the park reservation availability page)

-Rob

DCBaker

Premium Member
Is there a bot set up on Twitter or somewhere else that reports on park reservation availability coming and going? I have a friend who will be in Central FL in a couple weeks and made the last-minute decision to do a day at the Studios to see Galaxy's Edge. She was crushed when I told her about the park reservation system and that all parks except Epcot are booked up for her day.

(I also see that days this week randomly opened back up, so all hope isn't lost just yet, but without a bot it's going to be a lot of prowling the park reservation availability page)

-Rob

You can set up alerts for specific parks/days/ticket media at Thrilldata if you don't want to keep watch -

HoustonHorn

Premium Member

-Rob
I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but another option would be for her to do a park hopper and G+ and get to MGM right at 2:00. She would have no problem getting MF:SR LL, and should be able to ILL Rise. With good strategy (and some luck), she may be able to have 3-4 stacked LLs by the time she got there. Just a suggestion as an alternative.

Rob562

You can set up alerts for specific parks/days/ticket media at Thrilldata if you don't want to keep watch -

Awesome! Thanks!

-Rob

Rob562

Park reservations for Ticket/Resort guests have been refilled for today and the weekend.

Before/After -

View attachment 638468View attachment 638470

And also for some parks into the next couple weeks. Your tip about the Thrill Dara alerts was spot on, got notified this morning and my friend was able to buy their tickets and snag a Studios reservation.

-Rob

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's look ahead at June/July via the Park Reservation calendars -

In June, all yellow boxes below for Resort/Ticket guests indicate Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are unavailable, except June 17th & 23rd, where only Hollywood Studios is currently out of reservations. Magic Kingdom on July 4th is currently unavailable as well.

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 1.15.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 1.16.07 PM.png

For passholders, Hollywood Studios is currently the only park currently unavailable in June. Magic Kingdom on July 4th is also currently unavailable for reservations.

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 1.23.34 PM.png

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but another option would be for her to do a park hopper and G+ and get to MGM right at 2:00. She would have no problem getting MF:SR LL, and should be able to ILL Rise. With good strategy (and some luck), she may be able to have 3-4 stacked LLs by the time she got there. Just a suggestion as an alternative.
Imagine it's 5 years ago and youre planning a trip to WDW and this type of strategy is not only necessary, but also not even a guarantee to ride or experience a specific lands offerings. Not the entire park, just the specific land of a park.

5 years ago, if you simply paid for a ticket, you could choose the park you want to visit. Done deal. You could book FP's for the attractions you wanted and/or arrive at rope drop to wait in line for the headliner attractions instead of paying $5-$15 additional to possibly get a reservation time for said attractions.

If you wanted, You could wake up and choose which park you wanted and if you purchased park hopper or were an AP you could hop whenever you wanted.

You didn't need to be awake at midnight to have the ability to spend $15 additional per person to then have the ability to make FP reservations to then wake up at 7 am to actually use the ability to make the FP reservation and hope you get a time that will coordinate with any dining reservations you had to make 2 months ago, at midnight, which also have a cancelation fee if you can't make it. MaGiK@L!!!

But hey! tHiS HeLPs DiSnEy AllOcAtE rESoUrCeS!!

And absolutely no shade being thrown at you @HoustonHorn . Your strategy is good advice for the current state of WDW planning. I was just pointing out how far it has fallen.

Disney Glimpses

Disneyland no longer selling Magic Key. They'll give "renewal opportunities" in the future when passes expire. Sounds like Disney is going to overhaul both passholder systems.
I can shed a little more light here, though much of this may be known (I haven't been following much).

Basically, the CA lawsuit is the burden here and it is prohibiting them (albeit voluntarily so far) from operating Park Pass in FL and Magic Key Reservations in CA as intended.

It's quite odd to be blocked out on specific days (due to tier) but then also blocked out on other days while the park is not full. So they are continually having to reallocate Park Passes and Magic Key Reservations to ensure that APs receive the last of the inventory. APs right now have the top priority in reservations (behind Club 33 and Golden Oak). Then resort guests and day tickets. I believe the goal was to prioritize resort guests over APs and then day tickets last. This is obviously exasperated on weekends (which is why until now only APs at both parks for weekdays was availabile).

In any event, the program will be completely overhauled and there is a lot on the table. I assume that by now they have landed on a final version (I haven't heard much on this in a couple months).

Safe to say that block outs + park pass is not going to be the long term experience. You can read between the lines there a bit to guess what they may try next. I've heard some crazy, crazy things regarding this (as I did with Genie+). I imagine the final solution won't be as hectic as what was floating around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom