News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

tissandtully

Has anyone been successful in getting your Annual Pass renewed before the 60 day window?

Since my son's AP was extended from July to November, we can't renew it to make sure he has valid admission for our December trip, which makes us unable to book his park pass reservation like the rest of us. It's very frustrating. I called twice yesterday and was on hold for a total of 5 hours and was unable to reach ticketing or anyone that could help me.

Kman101

Hopefully they do release batches for passholders. I was told once "inventory" is gone, it's gone. I had a DHS on the 15th, cancelled it and they can't make a new one. Which is fine. But just a heads up. They may or may not have 'extra batches' ...

My problem is linked to how I booked and the hotel. It's such a weird problem. The agent I'm talking to said they have yet to encounter this, LOL.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Hopefully they do release batches for passholders. I was told once "inventory" is gone, it's gone. I had a DHS on the 15th, cancelled it and they can't make a new one. Which is fine. But just a heads up. They may or may not have 'extra batches' ...

My problem is linked to how I booked and the hotel. It's such a weird problem. The agent I'm talking to said they have yet to encounter this, LOL.

Reportedly, Disney has said that there will be additional spots for APs that open up tomorrow - time will tell.

Last edited:

MaximumEd

Lucky you, right?

Kman101

Was tweeted by Scott Gustin, who is a reporter that confirmed it with a Disney source.

"No inventory" for hotel guests doesn't mean inventory won't be available for passholders tomorrow. But it's NOT a guarantee. It's likely and they wouldn't say either way, she couldn't. She kind of implied as much but you never know. They very well might not. But that would be asking for trouble lol

A source only knows so much. It's not a guarantee until it happens, lol

Kman101

They were kind of able to work around the issue and link a ticket of sorts so they could book my park days for me. It's just a 'for now' but it's a good solution.

Kman101

In hindsight, you probably shouldn’t have deleted your 15th reservation and started over. No way to know, though. Hope it works out for you.

Definitely shouldn't have. Oh well. LOL. It's all good. If I can get it again tomorrow it's fine but I'll survive. It's probably going to be busier than I'd like at DHS on the 15th anyway.

I deleted all of them but it didn't help, lol. It was a linking issue with one of my resorts which caused some glitch. So weird. It's a brand new problem apparently.

Last edited:

Kman101

You get your days back that you had before the delete and start over?

They couldn't get me DHS on the 15th. "No inventory". She really did try. My gut said don't delete it, lol. LISTEN TO YOUR GUT. It's OK. I'd have just been happy with four total reservations but she made it happen for my second stay in August, all park days reserved. I have July 11th on MK still. July 16th at Epcot. AK on July 15th. I didn't do anything for the 13th and 14th. I'll go to the park down the street ;)

I mean, technically it recognizes me as an AP not a resort guest with a linked ticket. So tomorrow should be interesting.

Seanual757

Update spoke the monthly payment team I was told they are showing in the system my passes would be updated yesterday ok cool I still left a message for a supervisor to call me back.

No call back from the supervisor and guess what no update and today is the last day resort guests get to make reservations before AP's tomorrow.

I will be back on the horn at 9am to say *** I already see one of the says we are staying in July the parks have reached capacity :(

I do not understand how hard it is to get this done notes in the system, 2 of 6 passes already extended Hello......

Duped again by Disney yet again false information, false hopes, totally unprepared, no supervisors, no account ability……This is a total mess and honestly at this point I am over it and I told my wife I am done if she wants to spend 37+ hours on the phone go ahead , if she wants to renew passes go ahead I am over this Bull$hit.

I started my calls on Friday 6/19 (30 minutes on the phone), called again 6/20 (25 minutes on the phone), called again 6/21 (6 hours on the phone ended up 11:01 we are closed), called again Monday 16+ hours on the phone ended up useless, I called Tuesday 6 hours did not resolve my issue but very helpful a great CM, spent 20-25 minutes yesterday felt great sweet I was told our passes would be renewed today. Spent 96 minutes on hold before I spoke to the clueless CM.

I spoke to a CM this morning after on hold for 97 minutes she proceeds to tell me that my annual passes cannot be extended because they expired on 6/12/20. I informed her I am aware they have expired we put in the request 5/28 for the extensions to be done and we could not renew because of the closure. The VIPassholder group did the extension paperwork they show the paperwork was submitted and every call I have made they are showing submitted. I said I spoke to Paul in the monthly payments AP department Monday he said his system and the VIPassholder system do not talk to each other (supervisor for the VIPassholder line said some if that is true but they get the paperwork for the extensions). Again the lady today said I cannot do anything for you and we would never tell you that your passes are being extended on a specific day. She said we record all of our calls for quality and training. I said mam I called from my office phone that is recorded I can play back my 2 calls as well as yours for training and quality assurance. I said can I get a supervisor I understand this is not your issue but I need someone else who can escalate this issue she said we don’t have anybody and hung up on me.

Seanual757

Has anyone been successful in getting your Annual Pass renewed before the 60 day window?

Since my son's AP was extended from July to November, we can't renew it to make sure he has valid admission for our December trip, which makes us unable to book his park pass reservation like the rest of us. It's very frustrating. I called twice yesterday and was on hold for a total of 5 hours and was unable to reach ticketing or anyone that could help me.

Hell I cannot even get my passes extended I have 6 Platinum Plus passes 2 of the 6 were extended Saturday the other are in limbo. Disney is a total mess right now.

tissandtully

Hell I cannot even get my passes extended I have 6 Platinum Plus passes 2 of the 6 were extended Saturday the other are in limbo. Disney is a total mess right now.
Definitely agree on that, and don't even bother calling. Luck of the draw you will get through and if you do, if anyone will be able to help you. Got routed to a general operator after calling ticketing last night, was on hold for 2.5 hrs. Guy basically just told me tough luck.

Seanual757

Definitely agree on that, and don't even bother calling. Luck of the draw you will get through and if you do, if anyone will be able to help you. Got routed to a general operator after calling ticketing last night, was on hold for 2.5 hrs. Guy basically just told me tough luck.

yea really said who ever was in charge of this needs to be fired or reassigned to cleaning up after the horses on main street.

By the time we get our extension nothing will be available for our stays. I already told the wife I do not even want to re-new the passes until this crap is over, I will either bank our points or I am so ed I would sell me 3 resorts I just cannot deal with the BS from Disney after this.... I have a feeling when I check in next week at Old Key West I will be hunting down someone to figure the crap out.

tissandtully

yea really said who ever was in charge of this needs to be fired or reassigned to cleaning up after the horses on main street.

By the time we get our extension nothing will be available for our stays. I already told the wife I do not even want to re-new the passes until this crap is over, I will either bank our points or I am so ****ed I would sell me 3 resorts I just cannot deal with the BS from Disney after this.... I have a feeling when I check in next week at Old Key West I will be hunting down someone to figure the crap out.
I think the only saving grace we have is that I don't expect availability to to go away for a while. I don't understand why they let everyone book park pass reservations so far out at the same time. It doesn't make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom