News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

durangojim

I consider us very lucky, we're at WDW for 12/nights and was able to make a park pass for all 13 days this starts on 7/12 however for our November trip it states that the maximum park passes have been reached. We have AP so I'm not sure what gives. Have other people been having similar experiences when trying to make park passes for more than 1 reservation?

tissandtully

I consider us very lucky, we're at WDW for 12/nights and was able to make a park pass for all 13 days this starts on 7/12 however for our November trip it states that the maximum park passes have been reached. We have AP so I'm not sure what gives. Have other people been having similar experiences when trying to make park passes for more than 1 reservation?
Yep, a few of us here have the same issue. Someone on Twitter said they talked to support on the phone and they filed a ticket to get it fixed, so hopefully tomorrow. Apparently they are aware.

durangojim

Question for APs with resort reservations of more than 3 days. Have any of you been able to book past the three days? I keep getting told I've used my allotment. And, of course, the phone number to call is "busy".
I was able to book 13 for our 12 night in July but had the same allotment message for our trip in November

icc2515

Wouldn’t it be great if Disney communicated that they were aware of issues?

I have come to the conclusion that anybody at Disney that is in a position to communicate with the public is working from home. Since they are working from home they are essentially doing no work whatsoever.

icc2515

wait till those suckers learn they don't get on RotR and locked themselves into the park for that day

Why are you assuming this, low capacity or cannot keep it running? My kids are happy to be locked into Studios for a couple of days, Slinky, Toy Story, Tower, Rockin, Star Tours. It's Epcot I feel for 3 rides (that we like) and it appears most of the places to eat are closed. They better have some booze carts open at least.

disneygeek90

Why are you assuming this, low capacity or cannot keep it running? My kids are happy to be locked into Studios for a couple of days, Slinky, Toy Story, Tower, Rockin, Star Tours. It's Epcot I feel for 3 rides (that we like) and it appears most of the places to eat are closed. They better have some booze carts open at least.
ROTR has had awful reliability issues. As someone who has been on it over a dozen times I’m worried how it’ll perform with a standby line. From what it sounds like there wasn’t much troubleshooting or work being done during the shutdown.

Jenre

On hold now to find out. I made all my park reservations for august, and im waiting to talk to a cast member as all stars are closed.

I just changed my resort from POR to CB (sept 2020) and did have to pay the difference. I made this change today after securing theme park reservations. My resort stay had no impact on theme park reservations and was immediately visable on MDE

jaxonp

ROTR has had awful reliability issues. As someone who has been on it over a dozen times I’m worried how it’ll perform with a standby line. From what it sounds like there wasn’t much troubleshooting or work being done during the shutdown.

Why would the type of line change the reliability of an attraction?

disneygeek90

Why would the type of line change the reliability of an attraction?
It won’t. But boarding groups worked for the attraction because Disney could dictate how many were in line at one time. If it went down or got backed up they would stop calling groups until it was back up and running. It wouldn’t be uncommon for it to be down over an hour at a time. If those people are stuck in standby while trying to social distance in those caves... or they need to evacuate the line completely, well, that could get messy.

Clamman73

Made my Park reservations...I have a Movies reservation for beginning of Nov (still dont know when it opens) and I have non-expiring Park hopper tickets linked to me (I usually buy regular park hopper tickets to save the non-expiring ones for now)
So when the tickets go back on sale, and I see they keep park hopping not a thing into the fall I’ll buy regular tickets.

I just changed my resort from POR to CB (sept 2020) and did have to pay the difference. I made this change today after securing theme park reservations. My resort stay had no impact on theme park reservations and was immediately visable on MDE
Did you change your stay dates? I’ve seen most people say they were transferred at no extra charge, so just curious.

jaxonp

It won’t. But boarding groups worked for the attraction because Disney could dictate how many were in line at one time. If it went down or got backed up they would stop calling groups until it was back up and running. It wouldn’t be uncommon for it to be down over an hour at a time. If those people are stuck in standby while trying to social distance in those caves... or they need to evacuate the line completely, well, that could get messy.

that’s assuming they won’t just use a modified version of what they already had

vikescaper

Ugh...I’m having difficulties again with this. My family has another trip in December and I can book park passes for my mom and sister but it is telling me that I am past my allotment. We all have annual passes with the same number of park passes booked for our trip in August. So aggravating!

flynnibus

Premium Member

Low capacity attraction... that will have it's attraction capacity reduced further.

I assume Star Wars is the reason DHS sold out before other parks...

carriebeth

So after spending the absolute whole entire day trying to get reservations through we came to the following conclusions.

first. My daughter and Ihad a “girls” trip cancelled on a dvc reservation for June. I have a pass but bought them 4 day tickets for it. They could not make but one reservation for parks because although we have 14 nights at a resort in sept it was seeing those 4 day tickets and only letting them reserve one day. When we took all those tickets and reassigned them to my husband as an experiment well then they could book the full10 days on the sept resort.

next, my oldest daughter also has a pass. She could not book any parks at the same time as anyone else although she is on the same reservation for sept. Had to book her alone for each park

me well it lets me book one day and no others. No clue why. I have an active pass and resort reservation It’s the same as my oldest daughters situation yet she can be booked but onlY if doing so separate from everyone else.

finally now my husband can book no days because of the reassigned tickets we took from the girls and put on him.

this truly was a disaster. Still have to look forward to making a phone call to get the rest straightened out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom