News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

JohnD

The Disney Experiences division of The Walt Disney Company thanks our annual passholders for the free money.
Anyone know what happened to that lawsuit of IncrediPass passholders who sued Disney over not getting what was sold? i.e. The pass says you can visit every day of the year but if no park reservations available, then in reality you can't.

AJT607

I know it wouldn't help locals who are passholders, but I really wish that they would remove the reservation requirement for guests staying at the Resort Hotels. They already create a separate 'pool' for guests in that situation, but it is still stressful when we are waking up and deciding to possibly adjust our plans for the day. Oftentimes, the system glitches when we attempt to modify the reservation and it shows that no other parks are available - but then when we cancel and re-book all four parks will show as available. I'm always afraid that we are going to 'lose' our reservation when we are going through this process and going to be stuck waiting until 2pm to be able to enter one of the parks. Unnecessary added stress when you are on vacation isn't helping encourage people to spend more at Disney. It is actually encouraging us to come less often (which may be what Disney wants at this point).

nickys

Premium Member
I know it wouldn't help locals who are passholders, but I really wish that they would remove the reservation requirement for guests staying at the Resort Hotels. They already create a separate 'pool' for guests in that situation, but it is still stressful when we are waking up and deciding to possibly adjust our plans for the day. Oftentimes, the system glitches when we attempt to modify the reservation and it shows that no other parks are available - but then when we cancel and re-book all four parks will show as available. I'm always afraid that we are going to 'lose' our reservation when we are going through this process and going to be stuck waiting until 2pm to be able to enter one of the parks. Unnecessary added stress when you are on vacation isn't helping encourage people to spend more at Disney. It is actually encouraging us to come less often (which may be what Disney wants at this point).
I assume you’re an AP holder who stays onsite? I doubt you’ll find anyone who disagrees with what you say.

At least the park hopping restriction is going away next week.

nickys

Premium Member
I was under the impressions that reservations were being removed for guests staying at the resorts. Or did I misread that?
All AP holders still have to make park reservations.

They can however make them for all their onsite days, as they’ve been able to do since park reservations were introduced.

TheMaxRebo

and gets even messier if your party is a mixture of people with APs and those that have day tickets, even if all staying together onsite

surfsupdon

Question for our Senior Trip in March.

As discussed, we need park reservations as we are group tickets.

Can we park hop at anytime? Or are we still required to hop after 2pm?

Thanks!

AJT607

It remains to be seen how limited the pool of park reservations will be when the only people required to make them are annual passholders, cast members and other select specialty tickets. I would make your best educated guess on where you plan to start because availability to change reservations day of may or may not be possible - especially if it is a popular travel time like Spring Break / Easter.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
anyone staying on property with any kind of ticket should be allowed to enter a park without a reservation. Period

So DVC members with APs have to continue making park reservations when they spent and continue to spend many many thousands to literally help fund those resorts?

Thanks Bob - I'm sure the free magnet will make up for it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
anyone staying on property with any kind of ticket should be allowed to enter a park without a reservation. Period

So DVC members with APs have to continue making park reservations when they spent and continue to spend many many thousands to literally help fund those resorts?

Thanks Bob - I'm sure the free magnet will make up for it
Yeah…that’s the way it reads…and it’s straight out of the back of a bull

This is what happens when your ride/restaurant capacity is close to net zero for 20 years…you can’t handle the environment

So now this tired, delicate balance of attempting to micro charge everyone while not admitting the embarrassment of failed strategy

…what’s for breakfast? 🥓🍳

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom