News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

DisneyFanatic12

I honestly haven’t used reservations in so long now… couldn’t even tell you what the calendar looks like. I never go to the parks before 2:00pm, and I have little to no desire to go to Magic Kingdom over the weekends. Still, I could go to the Magic Kingdom only weekend I wanted, or almost any day I wanted for that matter, but I just don’t go before 2:00pm.

DisneyFanatic12

What is the actual point of this nonsense? Nothing is “booked” and it’s been that way since 4/15
I assume they’re using it for better profitability and resource allocation. Sure, they have enough data to make fairly accurate predictions, but if the guests don’t care that much you mine as well get almost exact predicitons. It’s expensive to allocate a bunch of resources somewhere thinking it’ll be busy and then not use them (labor, food, etc.). That’s just what I assume it’s being used mostly for.

And I’m not saying that it is or could backfire on attendance. Just saying the most likely reason they are still using it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I assume they’re using it for better profitability and resource allocation. Sure, they have enough data to make fairly accurate predictions, but if the guests don’t care that much you mine as well get almost exact predicitons. It’s expensive to allocate a bunch of resources somewhere thinking it’ll be busy and then not use them (labor, food, etc.). That’s just what I assume it’s being used mostly for.

And I’m not saying that it is or could backfire on attendance. Just saying the most likely reason they are still using it.
None of the parks are full…
So they really can’t engineer the “allocation” down to the penny as they would have liked.

Disney: the only people wishing for 2021 again

nickys

Premium Member
What is the actual point of this nonsense? Nothing is “booked” and it’s been that way since 4/15
I’m not an AP holder but isn’t there a limit as to how many park reservations you can hold at any one time (without an onsite stay) ?

In which case these are allowing you to plan some extra days in advance. So if I had booked some reservations for September because some family members were visiting, I can now visit all 4 parks next week as well.

DisneyFanatic12

None of the parks are full…
So they really can’t engineer the “allocation” down to the penny as they would have liked.

Disney: the only people wishing for 2021 again
Disney also grossly underestimated how many pass holders have no desire to go before 2pm… that put the last nail in the coffin IMO (at least some dates would still sell out if it wasn’t for the 2pm rule). Not complaining though! 🤣

BTW, though I wouldn’t go if MK was sold out, could an AP go to Epcot on a Saturday after 2pm just to tap in and then monorail over to MK if they weren’t able to make a reservation to MK? Seems like you might be able to given you’re able to park hop after 2pm, but I wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. I’ve been interested to know for quite some time!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney also grossly underestimated how many pass holders have no desire to go before 2pm… that put the last nail in the coffin IMO (at least some dates would still sell out if it wasn’t for the 2pm rule). Not complaining though! 🤣

BTW, though I wouldn’t go if MK was sold out, could an AP go to Epcot on a Saturday after 2pm just to tap in and then monorail over to MK if they weren’t able to make a reservation to MK? Seems like you might be able to given you’re able to park hop after 2pm, but I wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. I’ve been interested to know for quite some time!
There really aren’t that many passholders

Not only that…way fewer than 5 years ago

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not an AP holder but isn’t there a limit as to how many park reservations you can hold at any one time (without an onsite stay) ?

In which case these are allowing you to plan some extra days in advance. So if I had booked some reservations for September because some family members were visiting, I can now visit all 4 parks next week as well.

yes, this is true. It’s about the only advantage right now
Good points

DisneyFanatic12

On the other hand unless your really local (30mins - hour) away, this doesn’t really do much for you. The dates are usually scattered, but with the post 2pm free for all entry, if you’re really local it doesn’t matter much.
Yea, I go in the parks before 2pm maybe 10 times a year. The only draw is a boarding group, and I’m content with how many times I’ve gone on Tron. GoG is nice, so I like to ride that once a month or so. Not a draw to go before 2pm though, because VQs are usually available for a while…

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has added a new note for those who already had date-based tickets for visits on or after January 9, 2024 and were showing park reservations in My Disney Experience.

Previously Booked Theme Park Reservations

Theme park reservations for visits on or after January 9, 2024 have been automatically removed for Guests with a date-based ticket. These reservations are no longer necessary and have been removed from the My Plans section in My Disney Experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom