News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This comment may be scrubbed as was my last one. Sorry if it was too political moderator.

To say conservative families , white or otherwise, don’t make up a good percentage of attendance is just not true. Other than Grad nights you can walk into any park and see evidence to support that. Especially when we are talking about a theme park, which is still in the middle of a state that is conservative leaning, where most of Passholders live, And this specific gift is for Passholders.

I completely agree that increased costs hurt. I hate Genie +, I’ve spent less in the parks because of it, and have actually done a couple airbnbs instead of the resort hotels because it is just so much cheaper and the bus system has become so time consuming unless you are staying at a deluxe resort. We are splurging a little in December and staying on property at a nicer hotel when we go but that has become the exception rather than the rule.

For some conservative families the additional Pride related stuff (not just merchandise) geared toward children was the tipping point that has made these other things not worth putting up with. This is evidence by Target that I would imagine have similar demographics. They have really been hurting financially lately.

These next 6 months will probably give a better picture of what is contributing to the decline in attendance.
If you understand the demographics of the country…you would be in the minority and declining…

People believe elections represent the cultural leanings of the whole US…
Not the case. It’s at most 60-40 as far as acceptance vs concern of these things go and the gap is widening each day. That’s why Disney is “realigning” it’s product…they are projecting that out in the future.

It’s the one move they seem to be listening to tea leaves on…as their quality, pricing strategy and plans to develop a loyal backbone clientele are NOT moving in the right direction.

And few…if any…people ever stayed away from Disney due to politics. They track that with their very effective research department. Many threaten…few put their mouth where their wallet is

Fido Chuckwagon

If you understand the demographics of the country…you would be in the minority and declining…

People believe elections represent the cultural leanings of the whole US…
Not the case. It’s at most 60-40 as far as acceptance vs concern of these things go and the gap is widening each day. That’s why Disney is “realigning” it’s product…they are projecting that out in the future.

It’s the one move they seem to be listening to tea leaves on…as their quality, pricing strategy and plans to develop a loyal backbone clientele are NOT moving in the right direction.

And few…if any…people ever stayed away from Disney due to politics. They track that with their very effective research department. Many threaten…few put their mouth where their wallet is
Also, those rainbow cookie/cake things at Flower and Garden were freaking delicious.

Fido Chuckwagon

So I'm going to be there June 15-19th. Do bonus days mean that the park definitely will not "sell out" to passholders those days (I know that won't happen anyway...). It seems like strategically then I should make my park reservations for MK & HS, as I can always then just change my mind at the last minute and modify to AK & Epcot if I want to. Am I missing something with this strategy?

pdude81

So I'm going to be there June 15-19th. Do bonus days mean that the park definitely will not "sell out" to passholders those days (I know that won't happen anyway...). It seems like strategically then I should make my park reservations for MK & HS, as I can always then just change my mind at the last minute and modify to AK & Epcot if I want to. Am I missing something with this strategy?
Bonus days just means you can get a park reservation that doesn't count against the cap. It is unlikely those dates would "sell out" given that they are begging people to come, but I wouldn't bank on it. There is no downside to making a reservation with AP if you think you are going to go that day. Just if you decide not to go, dump it in case they get close to the cap.

Kamikaze

I have heard from “people” that internally they’ve written off the turbolasers and consider their current state the new normal.
One still moves at DL. Until that one is put out to pasture I'll hold out hope that they are still planning on making them all work at some point.

bhg469

There is 0.000% chance they will sell out. It is a very rare occasion that they turn people away and it always around a holiday or event.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They’re haven’t “sold out” in 2 months and aren’t that way for the whole summer

Switched Memorial Day at 8 am and was all. Greenlight

Fido Chuckwagon

Bonus days just means you can get a park reservation that doesn't count against the cap. It is unlikely those dates would "sell out" given that they are begging people to come, but I wouldn't bank on it. There is no downside to making a reservation with AP if you think you are going to go that day. Just if you decide not to go, dump it in case they get close to the cap.
Oh, I have a resort reservation anyway, so I guess it doesn’t actually do anything for me. Thanks.

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Annual Passholder Park Reservation calendar, Magic Kingdom is currently no longer available for new reservations on July 4. More reservations may become available, so keep checking back if you are looking to go.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 3.59.30 PM.png

IanDLBZF

According to the Annual Passholder Park Reservation calendar, Magic Kingdom is currently no longer available for new reservations on July 4. More reservations may become available, so keep checking back if you are looking to go.

View attachment 727495
Also, worth mentioning….
Passholders should be able to get in after 2 PM without a reservation just like ANY OTHER weekday.

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The issue is that it doesn’t say it’s blacked out. It says no AP reservations are available. Legally that’s not the same as being blacked out. That is the equivalent of showing up to MK on July 4th and the park being at a phased closure.

AP’a who held the Incredi-pass can go that day IF they’ve reserved their spot. They aren’t blacking them out completely and thus probably not in violation of the terms of the pass.

Now, it is a bad look I agree since there’s still park capacity that day to not add additional reservation capacity for the AP’s.

Unbanshee

The issue is that it doesn’t say it’s blacked out. It says no AP reservations are available. Legally that’s not the same as being blacked out. That is the equivalent of showing up to MK on July 4th and the park being at a phased closure.

It's the equivalent of showing up to MK on July 4th and the Cast Member at the gate asking you if you paid full price for a day ticket or if you have an Annual Pass and then denying you entry based on how much you (effectively) paid for that day. The park is not at capacity, it's at capacity for you

dreamfinder912

It's the equivalent of showing up to MK on July 4th and the Cast Member at the gate asking you if you paid full price for a day ticket or if you have an Annual Pass and then denying you entry based on how much you (effectively) paid for that day. The park is not at capacity, it's at capacity for you
Which is the exact opposite of how they did it prior to 2020. Prior capacity closings would start with the stoppage of sales of tickets. Then they'd turn away single day ticket guests not staying at a Disney resort. AP and resort guests were the very last group turned away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom