News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

bmr1591

Check out Avatar's line until Covid. Check out Rise's line until Covid. There's a reason they created VQ. Because the people in here complaining about it would be complaining about how they spent all day in line for one ride and didn't get to enjoy the park and how Disney has just 'lost its magic'.

Touchdown

Check out Avatar's line until Covid. Check out Rise's line until Covid. There's a reason they created VQ. Because the people in here complaining about it would be complaining about how they spent all day in line for one ride and didn't get to enjoy the park and how Disney has just 'lost its magic'.
Rise had VQ only prior to Covid. I don’t remember seeing 180 min for Avatar often.

But again those are dark rides, please source me the days SDMT, Slinky, BTMRR, Space, EE or RnRC sported 180+ min waits.

Touchdown

The moment they took Rise off VQ, the wait times were insane.
But Rat didnt. Rise is a once in a generation ride, and finicky as heck. It also was in a park that people only went to in the morning prior to F! coming back. Ever since it has, the waits have been more reasonable, but at the cost of longer lines later in the day.

bmr1591

But Rat didnt. Rise is a once in a generation ride, and finicky as heck. It also was in a park that people only went to in the morning prior to F! coming back. Ever since it has, the waits have been more reasonable, but at the cost of longer lines later in the day.

Not to be rude, but comparing Rat to Rise, GotG, or Tron is an insult. That ride is only worth a twenty minute wait because of how few rides EPCOT has. It's such a bore.

UNCgolf

Okay - I don't want to wait 90 minutes in line for anything either. 😄

Me neither. I wish Universal had more attractions I like because the Unlimited Express Pass that comes with their deluxe hotel rooms is just incredible for that. Walk up and get on the ride whenever you want, and if you feel like it, go right back and get on it again!

But even though it's great in general, it's still not that great when there are only a handful of attractions you actually care about riding.

Touchdown

Not to be rude, but comparing Rat to Rise, GotG, or Tron is an insult. That ride is only worth a twenty minute wait because of how few rides EPCOT has. It's such a bore.
It’s a more fair comparison seeing as how long BG are lasting nowadays with both attractions. Rise BG sold out in seconds until they were stopped.

TrainsOfDisney

There’s a few different issues here. When a ride first opens (day off and 1st week or so) there will be crazy demand. Having a proper preview period followed by a few days / weeks of VQ is understandable.

But if an attraction is running reliably, it should open as normal after a week or so.

Now with attractions like Rise and Hagrids that have flaws and can not run reliably….. that gets tricky.

But if a ride can operate reliably- it should be open with a standby line. This is how things worked for years and it was fine.

MickeyLuv'r

Agreed. I don’t agree with how long Disney does the VQ, but I do think it is a good system to use when a ride initially opens. Much better than the crazy lines for stuff like FoP or Hagrids.

VQ is better if you are a VQ 'winner.'
VQ is not great though for anyone not lucky enough to get one.

If someone's phone glitches at 7am, they are out of luck. They did EVERYTHING the winners did: they paid, they woke up on time, they set their alarms, etc.

That's why WDW put up so many blue tents. The VQ system [also] causes a good a good deal of anger, stress, and frustration.

MickeyLuv'r

ETA: And to reiterate your point, once we're talking about 3 hour wait times, we're not just talking about what's efficient or convenient or fair. We're talking about basic human needs like food, drink, and bathrooms. The only people who want this are childless "Disney adults."
Well now, perhaps you are forgetting the time when Frozen was new, and wildly popular with young children.

They eagerly waited in line to see the Frozen sisters.

Not only did they wait, but they did so while wearing plastic high heels and crinoline.

Outdoors.

In the Florida heat.

The wait to see them was approximately 5-6 hours long most days.

MadderAdder

Why are we leaving out the 1 o’clock VQs which lasts much longer? If your family wants to ride one of these rides then at 1 o’clock you will definitely get in, with how long they lasts these days…

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Why are we leaving out the 1 o’clock VQs which lasts much longer? If your family wants to ride one of these rides then at 1 o’clock you will definitely get in, with how long they lasts these days…
Because that doesn't fit The Narrative(TM). The Narrative(TM) is that the only hope you have of riding a new attraction is to wake up at 5am, start refreshing the MDX app every five seconds at 6:30am, be connected to gig speed internet on an iPhone 14 Pro, and pray to the Almighty that His favor shines upon you.

UNCgolf

I waited 4 hours to ride FoP about 6 months after it opened. It’s not unrealistic to believe Tron or Guardians would have 3-5 hour queues.

I think it could happen with Guardians, although I'm not sure it would if only because it has pretty high capacity. I think there's almost no chance TRON would see waits that long.

UNCgolf

This is one of the reasons the VQ is bad, not good. It doubles down on hurting capacity because people are in the VQ and elsewhere in the park at the same time, and it's apparently not popular enough to need it even in terms of avoiding super long queues.

If they were constantly gone in a few seconds in both the morning and evening at least there'd be a stronger argument regarding avoiding 4 hour long lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom