News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Disney Glimpses

I would hope it’s built in so that resort guest APs do not have to book reservations.
Unfortunately, this is not a given, though it should be. At the very minimum, there should be a DVC specific AP that can only be used when there is a linked stay paid with points (which would be reservation exempt). I don't understand why they haven't done this already.

NotCalledBob

This is roughly the Paris system.

If you have a resort + ticket package you are good to go. No reservations required.

That is what I would bring in at WDW. Guests staying on property would no longer have to make reservations.

They must have rough data on how many people from each resort are likely to visit each park on any given day. Depending on occupancy levels. If they don't it's easy enough for them to get.

It would also be a cheap and easy resort perk for them to give, as they are short on those at the moment.

JoeCamel

This is roughly the Paris system.

If you have a resort + ticket package you are good to go. No reservations required.

That is what I would bring in at WDW. Guests staying on property would no longer have to make reservations.

They must have rough data on how many people from each resort are likely to visit each park on any given day. Depending on occupancy levels. If they don't it's easy enough for them to get.

It would also be a cheap and easy resort perk for them to give, as they are short on those at the moment.
What if all resort guests go to the same park? Like if something big opens

NotCalledBob

I guess they could bring in a 'special event' reservation system. Say first week of Tron opening for MK. Christmas. NYE.

As long as it was well advertised. An email system reminding guests they need to make reservations that week for MK would be enough? Plus prompts on MDE?

It would certainly be better for resort guests to have to make occasional bookings for these few things. Than all the time like they do now.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
"Rough data"? They should have ridiculously specific data.

Wasn't that a major part of what MM+ was all about? Combine that with park reservation data and they should know how long it takes the average guest to tie their shoe let alone which park they frequent and when, why, etc.

Patcheslee

"Rough data"? They should have ridiculously specific data.

Wasn't that a major part of what MM+ was all about? Combine that with park reservation data and they should know how long it takes the average guest to tie their shoe let alone which park they frequent and when, why, etc.
They also have Genie data to pull from now as well since you pick a park before planning. Wonder what percentage of guests use the feature prior to visiting and lead time.

mattpeto

They also have Genie data to pull from now as well since you pick a park before planning. Wonder what percentage of guests use the feature prior to visiting and lead time.
I do think the ability to pre-purchase Genie+ for a specific park (at a variable price) and day will likely be a prerequisite to eliminate park pass reservations for resort guests.

RememberWhen

I do think the ability to pre-purchase Genie+ for a specific park (at a variable price) and day will likely be a prerequisite to eliminate park pass reservations for resort guests.
That’s an interesting thought. Currently can you buy Genie+ and have LL scheduled in two parks? Say, have a park reservation for Epcot, but make your LL in both Epcot and DHS so you can hop later?

mattpeto

That’s an interesting thought. Currently can you buy Genie+ and have LL scheduled in two parks? Say, have a park reservation for Epcot, but make your LL in both Epcot and DHS so you can hop later?
Good point.

At the very least, they can continue enforcing the no LL selection at the 2nd park until the return time is past 2 pm.

Patcheslee

There's still the free genie that Disney has been pushing. I wouldn't care much for Genie+ to be variable depending on park, there are enough variables as is. First park ticket day, then which park, then hopper which is also variable by day, then thrown in Genie+ and ILL daily variable already. Push it to park specific, and just more clutter to deal with.

aaronml

IMO while excluding “resort guests with APs” from Park Pass reservations during their stay might be a challenge for the ever-infamous “Disney IT”, here’s an idea for a potential compromise:

Allow APs staying on-site to book a special “any park” reservation for their visit, and have that reservation also bypass park hopping restrictions.

They already allow AP resort guests to book from a dedicated inventory bucket, so they’d theoretically be able to re-use some of that functionality to support this.

Best-case scenario would be for those park reservations to be made automatically, but that would likely be trickier to implement.

kgoose23

Unfortunately, this is not a given, though it should be. At the very minimum, there should be a DVC specific AP that can only be used when there is a linked stay paid with points (which would be reservation exempt). I don't understand why they haven't done this already.
Can't agree with this more. I actually got a passholder survey yesterday and the difference between an out of state/DVC AP holder vs what the traditional local AP holder does was a constant theme in my feedback.

aaronml

One surprising thing about today’s updates is the fact that WDW’s park hopping time is staying at 2pm while DLR’s is moving to 11am (from 1pm which already was earlier).

What gives? They can’t at least move it to 1pm at WDW also? It seems odd that they keep hanging on to such a late park hopping time.

EricsBiscuit

One surprising thing about today’s updates is the fact that WDW’s park hopping time is staying at 2pm while DLR’s is moving to 11am (from 1pm which already was earlier).

What gives? They can’t at least move it to 1pm at WDW also? It seems odd that they keep hanging on to such a late park hopping time.
Two words: crowd manipulation

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom