News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

ToTBellHop

I could see them tweaking or dropping the time limit start on park hopping at some point, but park reservations are here to stay, IMO. Something had to replace the data they had from FP+ reservations.
Agreed. Dropping the park hopping time restriction (while still requiring you to visit the park you reserved first) is under consideration. Continents drift faster than this company moves, so maybe we will be able to park hop at noon by 2026?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agreed. Dropping the park hopping time restriction (while still requiring you to visit the park you reserved first) is under consideration. Continents drift faster than this company moves, so maybe we will be able to park hop at noon by 2026?
I completely agree…and it still sucks

but what amazes me is how many really experienced people…here…long the backbone of the “army” of customers…continue to ask when the ressies are going away?

…there’s just no way to understand that thought from my perspective. When have they EVER gone away from more control?

answer: never.

ToTBellHop

but what amazes me is how many really experienced people…here…long the backbone of the “army” of customers…continue to ask when the ressies are going away?

…there’s just no way to understand that thought from my perspective. When have they EVER gone away from more control?

They’ve actually been quite clear that reservations will stay.

UNCgolf

It’s a 25 year old fireworks show…it’s nothing.

why on earth would TDO care at all?

I do think there's a park hopping issue specifically for EPCOT that's eventually going to cause headaches for TDO, because most of the restaurants there are run by third parties and they're going to push back if they're losing revenue.

Park reservations aren't going away but park hopping restrictions might.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I do think there's a park hopping issue specifically for EPCOT that's eventually going to cause headaches for TDO, because most of the restaurants there are run by third parties and they're going to push back if they're losing revenue.

Park reservations aren't going away but park hopping restrictions might.
I can see modifications to the hopping…but having to go to a “starter” park limits movement and they damn well know it.

all third party vendors sign on to an informal, “unique” agreement in Orlando…it basically states: “you’ll do what you’re told and like it”

what recourse do they have? The wdw locations are always their most profitable sites by far and if they threaten to walk…Disney just takes over and charges more.

Last edited:

Texas84

How is hopping going? Has anyone been denied? I usually hop to Epcot. I didn't have any issues during the last two race weekends.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How is hopping going? Has anyone been denied? I usually hop to Epcot. I didn't have any issues during the last two race weekends.
I don’t believe they’ve had a hopping block since the start? Maybe once or twice early during the semi lockdown staffing levels?

it’s not an issue of crowding…it’s just for labor allocation. They don’t want anyone not to be where they expect them to be. That’s considered a “loss” in the accountant’s…err…”CEO’s” office

ToTBellHop

The issue with hopping isn’t whether or not you can do it. It’s the lack of flexibility. Sometimes a park is just crazy crowded and you notice wait times are lower elsewhere and you’d like to switch but have to wait. Not sure why Disney would want to prevent someone from doing so as it would better spread out guests. In past years, I recall being in a slammed DHS and walking over to Epcot at 10 am to have a better day. Now we’d just have to deal with the crowds for hours.

UNCgolf

I can see modifications to the hopping…but having to go to a “starter” park limits movement and they damn well know it.

all third party vendors sign on to an informal, “unique” agreement in Orlando…it basically states: “you’ll do what you’re told and like it”

what recourse do they have? The wdw locations are always their most profitable sites by far and if they threaten to walk…Disney just takes over and charges more.

My guess is Disney isn't interested in running all of those locations and so they'd be slightly more amenable to changes to keep the vendors happy.

gerarar

Premium Member
If they remove the park hopping restrictions, it'll hurt the one few advantages of Genie+, since you can start booking rides 2pm and onwards for any other park besides your reserved one. This helped with stacking LL's once you park hop to your next park.

UNCgolf

The issue with hopping isn’t whether or not you can do it. It’s the lack of flexibility. Sometimes a park is just crazy crowded and you notice wait times are lower elsewhere and you’d like to switch but have to wait. Not sure why Disney would want to prevent someone from doing so as it would better spread out guests. In past years, I recall being in a slammed DHS and walking over to Epcot at 10 am to have a better day. Now we’d just have to deal with the crowds for hours.

On both of my last two trips we hopped by noon on at least one day. If you're on a longer trip (i.e. more than just 4 days with one in each park), it can't be uncommon to want to go do one or two specific things at one park and then head to another.

UNCgolf

If they remove the park hopping restrictions, it'll hurt the one few advantages of Genie+, since you can start booking rides 2pm and onwards for any other park besides your reserved one. This helped with stacking LL's once you park hop to your next park.

They could leave the 2 PM lock in place while still letting people hop to a separate park earlier.

CJR

You can modify your reservation prior to entering a park if another one has availability.

I'm not sure if you can after you enter a park, but I don't see why it would be a problem if the other park is slower and has availability. If you can't modify it yourself, you can always find someone in guest services who might be able to help.

PaulZ

The answer is when Universal opens its new park and if they see enough people going there, not going to Disney, and they find out cumbersome garbage like park reservation systems and whatnot is why.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s staffing micromanaged to the penny.

they’re great with data…no ones better…and this is for financial gain. Like everything else today.

why would they “trap” you in a crowded park?

a theory? Keeping people in a crowded park causes them to release “it” when they get to the ugly sisters on crescent lake later or springs.

and by “it”…I mean their wallets. Psychology.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can modify your reservation prior to entering a park if another one has availability.

I'm not sure if you can after you enter a park, but I don't see why it would be a problem if the other park is slower and has availability. If you can't modify it yourself, you can always find someone in guest services who might be able to help.
That hasn’t worked for mk or mgm in close…really at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom