• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

DCBaker

Premium Member
When I log in to my account (Platinum Pass) it shows no availability for Oct 2 and Oct 3. But the availability calendar still shows availability. Are they handicapping legacy passholders?

That's odd. I just tried and it shows availability and allowed me to book a reservation on the 2nd at Epcot.

That’s so weird. I tried on my laptop and my phone and still showing no availability. My fiancé also checked and it’s showing nothing

Attachments

• 718D9920-AD4C-47E0-8D63-3EB2FAA13234.png
    718D9920-AD4C-47E0-8D63-3EB2FAA13234.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 13

Cre8iveN8ive

With the recent update to the system, it appears that it doesn’t recognize when a park reservation has already been made and allows for a duplicate park reservation.

Original park reservations were made prior to the system update where you now have to select whether or not you have a resort reservation or not. Went in to adjust and make some new park reservations and it’s allowing park reservations to be made on the same date as the existing reservations are on but for different parks.

(Yes, the reservations are for the same individuals in MDE on the same date. Only difference is the system update that occurred around the time APs were introduced. Additionally, our APs are not new.)
2F9D7B83-FBA7-41F9-BAC2-F92C256B4648.jpeg
AA0E8E84-40E8-4FBD-8394-C37AAC84A4EB.jpeg
DC43F321-A5CB-4C17-B343-DCCFE87CF1C6.jpeg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I wonder if they're thinking of going to a system where resort guests don't have to make specific reservations on specific days but only have to specify the first day of park visits and attach it to a ticket medium.
They probably wouldn't even have to for resort guests. Check-in date answers that question (close enough) for them.

This is basically the system they had in place prior to Park Pass. When you bought a ticket, you specified a "start date" for that ticket and you had X amount of days from that start date to use your Y amount of admissions.

jinx8402

They probably wouldn't even have to for resort guests. Check-in date answers that question (close enough) for them.

This is basically the system they had in place prior to Park Pass. When you bought a ticket, you specified a "start date" for that ticket and you had X amount of days from that start date to use your Y amount of admissions.
What if the thought is to tie the ticket price of a package to the start date.

For example, if you check in on a Friday for an 8 day stay with a 4 day ticket. Selecting Saturday as your first day will have a surcharge of X $. Selecting Monday will not have a surcharge since you are bypassing a weekend. But the surcharge would essentially be based on the date-priced tickets, essentially merging packages and date-based pricing for tickets.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What if the thought is to tie the ticket price of a package to the start date.

For example, if you check in on a Friday for an 8 day stay with a 4 day ticket. Selecting Saturday as your first day will have a surcharge of X $. Selecting Monday will not have a surcharge since you are bypassing a weekend. But the surcharge would essentially be based on the date-priced tickets, essentially merging packages and date-based pricing for tickets.
They already do that, don't they?

I don't know, I've never purchased a package. I book room only and tickets separately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom