News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

SoFloMagic

From what I hear, Epcot is super easy to get for APs. A few people I know who are local APs are planning to do F&W after work during the week since it's pretty much never blocked out. I would LOVE to be able to hit up Epcot right now.. low crowds for Food and Wine? YES PLEASE!
It is, but days like today, for instance are booked. But I'm pretty sure they can fit some more people:
Screenshot_20200724-185513_Disney World.jpg

disneygeek90

Just talked to a CM and she was outstanding. If anyone is curious, she did exactly what I was thinking needed to happen but was nervous to try on my own.

She basically created a second "non AP" profile that she linked the 4 day ticket to. I'll need to go to guest services for a card (or buy a magic band) to be able to link and tap into the park with those reservations.

nickys

Premium Member
Just talked to a CM and she was outstanding. If anyone is curious, she did exactly what I was thinking needed to happen but was nervous to try on my own.

She basically created a second "non AP" profile that she linked the 4 day ticket to. I'll need to go to guest services for a card (or buy a magic band) to be able to link and tap into the park with those reservations.
Ha! That was another option which I would have suggested if you hadn’t got any reservations booked already. But I didn’t want to be responsible for you losing them. 😳 The fact that the CMs use it is icing on the cake. 😂😂

disneygeek90

Ha! That was another option which I would have suggested if you hadn’t got any reservations booked already. But I didn’t want to be responsible for you losing them. 😳 The fact that the CMs use it is icing on the cake. 😂😂
I actually hadn’t booked the non AP days yet but she was ready to help me with that over the phone too. She told me that she even did that for herself for comp tickets/etc even before all this haha

Magic Feather

Everyone talking about the parks being “empty” is an interesting situation. For every park except AK (which peaks an hour later), the vast majority of people are to the park by its published opening time. This is largely due to the perception that the 10 hr reservation starts at that time, and now that there isn’t really any “casual” park entry (even for AP’s) everyone is incentivized to show up at opening to maximize their time since they don’t know when they’ll be back next past their next two reservations. DHS’s BG’s certainly don’t help either.

IMO, the answer is to start giving a mid-day entry option for Passholders and Resort Guests, where it really just adds an option for Resorts and Passholders can actually use their passes more while filling the emptier parts of the evening.

crawale

I agree. When I lived in California for 6 months last year I was at the parks all the time. However locals aren’t spending money on hotels and to park their car. Which is where they do make a bit more money. I wonder if they will open up more. Hmm
I don't understand why APs and ticket holders are treated differently. A ticket is surely a ticket.

disneygeek90

Everyone talking about the parks being “empty” is an interesting situation. For every park except AK (which peaks an hour later), the vast majority of people are to the park by its published opening time. This is largely due to the perception that the 10 hr reservation starts at that time, and now that there isn’t really any “casual” park entry (even for AP’s) everyone is incentivized to show up at opening to maximize their time since they don’t know when they’ll be back next past their next two reservations. DHS’s BG’s certainly don’t help either.

IMO, the answer is to start giving a mid-day entry option for Passholders and Resort Guests, where it really just adds an option for Resorts and Passholders can actually use their passes more while filling the emptier parts of the evening.
I’m definitely finding myself getting to the parks at or even within an hour of opening. That, by and large, was not happening pre closure. The fact that it feels like it’s my “day” and I likely just can’t come back tomorrow, especially on a weekend, is the main factor.

JoeCamel

I’m gonna throw this out there: let cast members into the parks halfway through the day. Right now they have nothing.
They want the few people in the parks to spend money there. CM's and APs don't spend per day like the vacationers so when you have very little capacity to start with you don't use it up on bodies that drag down the daily spend numbers.

joup7

They want the few people in the parks to spend money there. CM's and APs don't spend per day like the vacationers so when you have very little capacity to start with you don't use it up on bodies that drag down the daily spend numbers.

Well we are talking about letting in additional people at the halfway mark. Other than AP’s and CM’s, how many other people are gonna show up at mid day? For the most part the full day spots for single ticket and resort guests aren’t being filled, which is causing the need for letting in more people at the halfway mark.

Hcalvert

I don't know if most people think they have to be there at opening. I think a lot want to because it is not too hot that early and are trying to get boarding passes at HWS. I strolled in the morning sometimes, sometimes at lunch, or even in the afternoon and saw a good amount doing the same during my 15 day trip. If they were dependent on the busses, I know for a fact that at Jambo for the first 4-5 days no busses came before a park opening time to be there when the park opened. I was always routinely 30-45 minutes after they opened. People were angry.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's mostly Hollywood studios that's the issue right now, and honestly that park is just a disaster right now. It has 7 rides with e-ticket like wait times, a spinner, and a Muppet movie.

It's not just a spinner. It goes in different directions!

You counting out Star Tours as not having E-Ticket wait times?

disneygeek90

I don't know if most people think they have to be there at opening. I think a lot want to because it is not too hot that early and are trying to get boarding passes at HWS. I strolled in the morning sometimes, sometimes at lunch, or even in the afternoon and saw a good amount doing the same during my 15 day trip. If they were dependent on the busses, I know for a fact that at Jambo for the first 4-5 days no busses came before a park opening time to be there when the park opened. I was always routinely 30-45 minutes after they opened. People were angry.
The answer to this is simple. Most people aren’t holding 15 reservations at one time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom