Disney Paris-anyone been there?

Smee

Original Poster
Thinking about it for next June. Any first hand reports or knowledge from friends who have been there? Any and all info appreciated.

steven&evi

I have been there about 15 times and I really love the place. It's a lot smaller than WDW of course. If you're used to MGM studios, you may be a little dissapointed by the size of the European version.

But I'm sure you'll love space mountain, mission 2, it has just been upgraded and it's a real blast.

And it has the real Disney spirit, of course:lol:

m star

Disneyland Paris has, in my opinion, the best Magic Kingdom in the world. (although I have not been to the ones in Asia) The Studios are worth going to only for Moteurs Action and Cinemagique. Oh, and the Buffalo Bill show at Downtown Disney is well worth doing.

roykeboy

DPL is great, I am just now booking my first trip to WDW so I am not able to compare the two. What I have noticed is that DPL is a lot cheaper (atleast the hotels and food). I would advice you to not go in June though, this is in de middle of the summer vacation of most european countries, so it is going to be VERY busy probably. I tried to also go the week of january, X-mas spirit still there but no people. (I have a nice picture from the shops behind the castle around the sword excalibur, with just me).

While you are there, if you have never been to paris, make sure to visit downtown paris. There is a 60 minute trainride that takes you to Gare du Nord in downtown.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
steven&evi said:
It's a lot smaller than WDW of course. If you're used to MGM studios, you may be a little dissapointed by the size of the European version.

But I'm sure you'll love space mountain, mission 2, it has just been upgraded and it's a real blast.

And it has the real Disney spirit, of course:lol:

The resort is smaller as a whole (official hotels are in walking distance of both parks) but Disneyland Parc (the MK) is HUGE!

Like for like, the D and E Tickets leave Orlando`s standing.

I`d say DO go in the summer - best weather, longer hours, parades etc. Fastpass helps with the crowds. It really is a destination; 5 days isn`t enough (for our 2nd visit - and we knew what we were doing!)

disney-dan

i got back from DLP on tuesday after staying there for 3 nights over halloween. it took us 2 and a half days to do everything only once, and we still missed out on big thunder. it was absolutely packed, but well worth it, and the party on the 31st was awesoem (not to mention one of the female stilt walking performers in discovery land was insanely hot (she was the lead alien butterfly creature thing in the night parade for anyone who went aswell))

roykeboy

disney-dan said:
i got back from DLP on tuesday after staying there for 3 nights over halloween. it took us 2 and a half days to do everything only once, and we still missed out on big thunder. it was absolutely packed, but well worth it, and the party on the 31st was awesoem (not to mention one of the female stilt walking performers in discovery land was insanely hot (she was the lead alien butterfly creature thing in the night parade for anyone who went aswell))

The busy thing is why I advice to go on January :)
One of the first times I was in DLPr in january it was so empty that after riding Big Thunder Mountain 3 times in a row in the cart withouth getting out I was asked to move back one cart because some other people wanted to right up front :D

maelstrom

My friend and her girlfriend were there a couple of months ago and they really loved it. She sent me a bunch of great souvenirs.

cannp123165

It is a great trip. The rides in the Magic Kingdom are brilliant. The Studios is great too.
I have stayed in the Cheyenne and the Sequoia Lodge, and they were both brilliant. :)))).

Nala_84

Hey there,

DLRP is the only Disneyland I've ever visited, so I cannot compare them... but I love it, too!! :)

I've been there 4 times yet: September 1992, April 2000, September 2004 and in October this year (Halloween Season--oh, that's so great!!).

I really can recommend it--and my boyfriend can it, too :)

Tim G

roykeboy said:
The busy thing is why I advice to go on January :)
One of the first times I was in DLPr in january it was so empty that after riding Big Thunder Mountain 3 times in a row in the cart withouth getting out I was asked to move back one cart because some other people wanted to right up front :D
And Friggin' cold... :lookaroun

Kristofke

Smee said:
Thinking about it for next June. Any first hand reports or knowledge from friends who have been there? Any and all info appreciated.

I suggest you go during the summerseasson, starting in july ending in august.

It really isn't that crowded and you have much more time for the dame price because disney has no hig or low seasson tickets.

And the magic kingdom is really , really, really beautiful during the evening. Especially Discoveryland is awsome. Frontierland and Discoveryland are very mysterieus at night.

And there is the fantilussion parade.

No Disney day without a eveningparade, not?

kev1000

we went there in feb 04 we had a good time but it we freezing cold and got on rides with no probs then we went again in march 05 it was even colder then in feb but all good fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom