Disney overload......brain shutting down!!

Lbg206

We now have it narrowed down to two resorts and it will definitely be one of them, eitherCaribbean or Coronado. I know there are great points about PO and POFQ, but those will be for another time.

Just a recap for those who missed the first thread there will be six of us, four adults and two kids ages 5 and 7. We will all arrive on a Sat. and the two kids and their parents are staying through Wed. and my mom and i will be there on through the next Saturday. I've been to Caribbean 15 years ago and loved it, but that was a long time ago. We assumed everyone would want Caribbean since it's a bit more kid oriented with the bright colors, beach, and tropical fun feel, but I was REALLY wanting Coronado. When I talked to my mom about it she said I could probably forget that since my aunt and her family would definitely choose Caribbean. I was against it at first (not because I don't like it, but because all the good things I heard about Coronado) but then I kinda got into the Carribean mood and really excited about it. My aunt, however, surprised us by saying Coronado looked pretty nice, but she wanted my mom and i to decide. My mom says she's leaving it totally up to me.

(Sorry this is so long) At first I was ALL about Coronado, but then got really excited about Caribbean and not really that interested in Coronado and now to be honest I'm very excited about both and also not so excited about both just because my brain has gone into overload mode.

AAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I needed that. LOL :) I'm just a bit stressed and could care less at this point, which I don't like since I'm a Disneyfantic! I'ts just everyone says Carribean has really long walks, others say no it's very close. Some say the buses are horrible, others say they are great. Some people say Coronado his not kid/family oriented and feels too business-like, others say those people are crazy and it's great for families. I know it's all a matter of personal taste and buses are hit and miss and not predictable, but still there are SO MANY conflicting reviews....I'm unable to form my own opinions anymore because there's just so much information and I keep going back and forth.

I'm getting a bit stressed and guess I just needed to vent for a minute.

Spike-in-Berlin

We now have it narrowed down to two resorts and it will definitely be one of them, eitherCaribbean or Coronado. I know there are great points about PO and POFQ, but those will be for another time.

Just a recap for those who missed the first thread there will be six of us, four adults and two kids ages 5 and 7. We will all arrive on a Sat. and the two kids and their parents are staying through Wed. and my mom and i will be there on through the next Saturday. I've been to Caribbean 15 years ago and loved it, but that was a long time ago. We assumed everyone would want Caribbean since it's a bit more kid oriented with the bright colors, beach, and tropical fun feel, but I was REALLY wanting Coronado. When I talked to my mom about it she said I could probably forget that since my aunt and her family would definitely choose Caribbean. I was against it at first (not because I don't like it, but because all the good things I heard about Coronado) but then I kinda got into the Carribean mood and really excited about it. My aunt, however, surprised us by saying Coronado looked pretty nice, but she wanted my mom and i to decide. My mom says she's leaving it totally up to me.

(Sorry this is so long) At first I was ALL about Coronado, but then got really excited about Caribbean and not really that interested in Coronado and now to be honest I'm very excited about both and also not so excited about both just because my brain has gone into overload mode.

AAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I needed that. LOL :) I'm just a bit stressed and could care less at this point, which I don't like since I'm a Disneyfantic! I'ts just everyone says Carribean has really long walks, others say no it's very close. Some say the buses are horrible, others say they are great. Some people say Coronado his not kid/family oriented and feels too business-like, others say those people are crazy and it's great for families. I know it's all a matter of personal taste and buses are hit and miss and not predictable, but still there are SO MANY conflicting reviews....I'm unable to form my own opinions anymore because there's just so much information and I keep going back and forth.

I'm getting a bit stressed and guess I just needed to vent for a minute.

Well the Coronado has by far one of the largest pools I ever saw in a Disney Resort, it could be the largest at the moment. The pool area (main pool) has a perfect theming too.
The main buildungs are all situated along a promenade along the lake, beautiful place to sit and just relax btw. We don't know the Carribean but Coronado was definitely a beautiful place to stay, we can recommend it.

Upvote 0

Lbg206

Original Poster
Well the Coronado has by far one of the largest pools I ever saw in a Disney Resort, it could be the largest at the moment. The pool area (main pool) has a perfect theming too.
The main buildungs are all situated along a promenade along the lake, beautiful place to sit and just relax btw. We don't know the Carribean but Coronado was definitely a beautiful place to stay, we can recommend it.

Thank you! We are definitely starting to lean more toward Coronado again now. I'm thinking maybe I should just go with it and stopping thinking about it so much. Glad to hear you had such a good experience there.

Upvote 0

aladdin4000

I LOVE the Caribbean Beach Resort. It's an overall gorgeous resort, fun atmosphere and theme. I've never stayed at Coronado but it looks equally as nice. My vote however is for CBR. :wave:

Upvote 0

MsMouse726

My vote goes to the Caribbean Beach Resort too! I have never stayed at Coronado Springs so I cannot compare on experience, but if you are looking for a resort that provides you with a get-a-away experience with a Disney twist, than CBR is your place. I too stayed there in the 90s, but have visited as recent as 2006 on my honeymoon, and it has only improved with age. Anywhere you stay your are bound to love because you are at WDW. My vote goes to CBR! Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom