Disney Online Research Panel

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Welcome to the boards! Is this site legit? There are no terms and conditions that every Disney site usually has on its front page, and no copyright info (usually the same) - especially since it has the company typeface logo...

wannab@dis

marni1971 said:
Welcome to the boards! Is this site legit? There are no terms and conditions that every Disney site usually has on its front page, and no copyright info (usually the same) - especially since it has the company typeface logo...

I was just wondering the same thing. I checked the source and no Disney copyrights. Also, they usually link to the Privacy Policy of the main site, not a popup.

EDIT: See post below. This is legitimate.

Robfasto

marni1971 said:

I agree, also I don't think Disney would use an outside source for this type of project and if they did I would think the url would be more Disney based. Also looking at the source page there is NO COPYRIGHT information for any company.

Edit: And a badly designed webpage at that...

wannab@dis

I've seen Disney research using 3rd party applications, but they would still have the same legal mumbo jumbo that Disney has on all their sites.

EDIT: See post below. This is legitimate.

DClarke977

Original Poster
This was sent direct form Disney. It was in today’s edition of the Disney Insider. If you need more proof, please register for the Disney insider and it will be on today’s issue. Enjoy!

wannab@dis

Sorry for the confusion, but you are correct. Just a word of advice, if you include the source, then we're not going to question as quickly. So many people attempt to scam forums that everyone here is shy of these types of links...

Also, I'm amazed that Disney did not use their normal legal structures on this site, but it is found in today' Disney Insider. I just opened my e-mail from them...

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="308"> <tbody> <tr> <td colspan="3" bgcolor="#33cc00" height="24" width="308">
</td></tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#33cc00" height="122" width="4">
</td> <td align="center" height="122" width="300"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3"> <tbody> <tr> <td align="center"><!-- Promo Text-->Disney Online is listening! Join the Disney Online Research Panel community and tell us what you think through interactive surveys.
Find out how.
<!-- End Promo Text --><!-- Normal SovenEars Code DIGITAL SOUVEN-EARS
[font=garamond, serif]Magic Globe[/font]
Get shaking with Mickey!</td> <td> [url="http://disney.go.com/globalmedia/insider2/issues/050412_ears.gif"]http://disney.go.com/globalmedia/insider2/issues/050412_ears.gif[/url]--></td> <td align="center" valign="center">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td> <td bgcolor="#33cc00" height="122" width="4">
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" bgcolor="#33cc00" height="4">
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

bladerunner

It is managed by an outside IT group

The site is registered to:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Questus </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>1100 Mar West</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Suite A</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Tiburon, CA 94920 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>US </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Phone: 415.789.5757 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4></TD></TR><!-- End of Registrant IsEmpty Droplet --><!-- Domain Name droplet ---><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Domain Name: AUDIENCEPROFILER.COM </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4></TD></TR><!-- Domain Name droplet ---><!-- Admin Contact droplet ---><TR><TD></TD><TD>Administrative Contact <!-- Matching Admin Tech Contacts droplets --><!-- End of Matching Admin Tech Contacts droplets -->: </TD><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Rosenblum, Jeff </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>jeff@QUESTUS.COM </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>394 Pacific #300</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>San Francisco, CA 94111 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>US </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Phone: 415-677-5700 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Fax: 415-677-9517 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4></TD></TR><!-- End of Admin Contact IsEmpty Droplet --><!-- Tech Contact droplet ---><TR><TD></TD><TD>Technical Contact <!-- Matching Admin Tech Contacts droplets --><!-- End of Matching Admin Tech Contacts droplets -->: </TD><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>MasterLink, Inc., </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>hostmaster@M-L.NET </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>55 Leveroni Ct.</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Novato, CA 94949 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>US </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Phone: 866.884.5900 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Fax: 415.884.7502 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4></TD></TR><!-- End of Tech Contact IsEmpty Droplet --><!-- Record Expiry Date Droplet --><TR><TD></TD><TD>Record expires on 15-Apr-2006 </TD><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><!-- End of Record Expiry Date Droplet --><!-- Record Create Date Droplet --><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Record created on 15-Apr-1999 </TD></TR><!-- End of Record Create Date Droplet --><!-- Record Update Date Droplet --><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Database last updated on 08-Jul-2004 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

AEfx

ABC has a similar focus group, and since they are run (as people stated above) by outside marketing companies they often have less-than-offical looking websites.

On the ABC one, about two months ago they showed us clips from "Grey's Anatomy" without the title and asked us to choose between several titles. It was very cool, just a couple of weeks later, to see the previews for the show reflect what people "voted". I wish I could remember what the original title was - it wasn't nearly as interesting.

Anyway, it can't hurt - every little voice counts (sometimes!).

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom