Disney Museum

SirGoofy

Re: Are you kidding?

Originally posted by ebay6988
Are you serious? Why dont you people let go of the past. If it were up to you we would have the origional 1970's version of tommorow land. MOVE ON!!! By building a museum with old rides and such, Disney would loose a lot of its magic. Place it in MGM? Because of size? Hmmm i guess the Disney team doesnt have 40 some square miles to work with. Just like those of you that miss mr. toads wild ride. I dont remember disney's version but the one is california ends by the patron ending in HELL!!! YAY WHAT A RIDE ENDING@!! Im glad its gone, Winnie is an awesome ride. So, Good bye yesterday land!!!

"One who knows nothing can understand nothing."

Anyway, I think it's a great idea. Wouldn't it be great if there was a stage where Kitchen Kabarae and Food Rocks could perform in the place. That would be awsome!

ebay6988

Account Suspended
seriously!

are you people kidding!!! C'MON!! A stage for food rocks to preform? THEY CLOSED IT FOR A REASON!!! why would they bring it back in other parts of the parks. You people want an area for all the crappy rides that Disney has created in one place. THATS RIDICULOUS! They were closed for a reason, low attendance or HIGH Maintanence costs. I would compare this idea to "one man's dream" which is far times better, but donest get much attendance. Im still waiting on this new ride idea? This would look like a grave yard of rides, why would disney want that around? I wouldnt. They have far more problems that they need to work on, like creating more rides and attractions for epcot, how about the origioally planned Germany ride.

Not For Sale

I hope you forget your password and never come back. If you do come back I suggest you learn to ahve respect for others. You only get what you give in life. I would bet you are one of those guys that scream in the movie theaters if the movie is boring. Maybe you should go deal with your own issues before knocking on our ideas.

SirGoofy

Re: seriously!

are you people kidding!!! C'MON!! A stage for food rocks to preform? THEY CLOSED IT FOR A REASON!!! why would they bring it back in other parts of the parks. You people want an area for all the crappy rides that Disney has created in one place. THATS RIDICULOUS! They were closed for a reason, low attendance or HIGH Maintanence costs. I would compare this idea to "one man's dream" which is far times better, but donest get much attendance. Im still waiting on this new ride idea? This would look like a grave yard of rides, why would disney want that around? I wouldnt. They have far more problems that they need to work on, like creating more rides and attractions for epcot, how about the origioally planned Germany ride.

First of all, you need to learn some respect. Just becasue YOU think a ride is crappy doesn't mean others do. You can state your opinions, but please do it in a more civil manner. There are manny departed rides that many people here hold dear, so we would appreciate it if you were a bit more nice.

BTW, as far as I know Food Rocks did not close because of low attendance, but it did close for the que of Soarin', which could have been place somewhere else. Also, EPCOT has enough rides, while AK needs more work.

P.S. I dig the pics of Storm Runner, Not For Sale. I'm hopin to get to Hershey Park one time this summer. I live close enough, but I never seem to get the time to get there.

bearboysnc

There was talk of doing some kind of museum/exhibit at DL in the old CoP building for the 50th Anniversary.

But like all good ideas for the milestone 50th, it had it's budget cut, farther and farther...

They have so much stuff housed in the Disney archives at the Studio, I don't see why they don't drag it all out and showcase it somewhere. Sort of a "Disney Smithsonian"

Chernabog

I really kinda like this idea. I had a similar one of my own a few years back but still waiting on Disney to give that the go ahead. I thought that before they closed an attraction they film a ride through and point everything out, ie the hidden jokes and details and such. Then you put it on a DVD with the ride music and some interviews with the designers of the rides and possibly some blueprints and concept art and what not then sell it. This way they don't have to worry about maintaining a ride but still make money off of it and perhaps calm some of the people who are angry at the loss of attractions. What do you guys think? Would you buy it? I wish Disney would pick up this idea, I don't even need to recieve and royalties...I just think it'd be nice to have it to watch whenever. You could do Horizons, Mr Toad, Captain EO, the possiblities are endless!:D

ebay6988

Account Suspended
WHOA!!! ya'll are getting the wrong idea. I am civil, no cuss words here. You just need to understand that all of your wishes and dreams require GREEN! (money that is for all the hillbillies) We all know that food rocks was crappy and was shut down for a bigeger and better attraction. Lets think themeing you guys. You get mad when Disney is cheap about building primevil whirl, but how does this museum fit into the communicore in epcot? Isnt that "themed" area future world? what does past disney rides have to do with the future? This post would be boring with out my input. but MOVING on. I must say I like the idea of the DVD ride through's but its not practical. Not enough people would purchase them. All of that professional filming and such would take lotsa money and time, for little or negative profits. And i doubt i will forget my password :D

SirGoofy

You just need to understand that all of your wishes and dreams require GREEN! (money that is for all the hillbillies)

Who let Mr. Eisner on the boards?:lol:

And, no, Food Rocks was not closed for a better attraction. It was closed for a better attractions que area which could have been placed in other areas.

Captain Hank

I really think this would be a great, and appropriate, idea for WDW's 50th anniversary. It would be great if they could take some of the beloved old ride vehicles and make a circlevision-ish mock up of some of the old sets, so it could be like the view on the ride. It would also be nice to have a loop of the original dedication speech and any other memorobilia. A sort of "One Park's Dream."

Disney Hog

I think the museum and the DVD are great ideas. I would love to see some of the rides that I used to ride on. I would also love to share the rides (at least pictures, music, ect..) with my kids. They never saw Horizons, WoM, or 20K. My kids and my wife are clueless when I try to explain things that aren't there anymore.

With these tools I can have a little flashback and also share a part of my childhood with those that weren't there at the time.

Great ideas.

Nansafan

People will buy such a DVD. When we first visited WDW in 1980, my brother purchased movies of PoTC and one of the MK. They were silent 8mm or maybe super 8mm. We still have them in a box with the other home movies. He is in the process of converting all our old home movies to DVD. You can even purchase the Opening of Disneyland DVD. It's part of the special DVD that come in tins. I can't right now remember what the collection is called. Why does the Disney company re-release movies every so often, because there is a market for them. There would certainly be a market for extinct ride videos. It would be so great to have a walk-thru museum of WDW. What a great idea.

meanmice

"He who forgets the past is destioned to repeat it"... this applies to really bad ideas, which i can't remember right now

anyway, usually i would agree with ebay boy that rides that no longer exist do not deserve their own park or to be brought back because there was a reason they were closed. in this case i differ from my norm. i truely think this could be a good thing. i would love to see some of the ideas of the past. do they have a museum for all of the animation stuff? if not it could be added... if there is room. and i definatly agree that it should go in downtown disney, it just seems to fit better style wise.

as far as the dvd's go, there are web sites you can go to that sell dvd ride throughs of old attractions. if they were official disney i wouldn't hesitate to buy them

ebay6988

Account Suspended
Yes of course, you and I would love to buy these DVD's but we are the hard core Disney fans. Not many others would be interested in an attraction that they have never been on.I would just because i am a fan of the parks. as to Downtown location for this supposed museum? where do you suggest it be located? Free or charge addmission? please eloaborate. I still say food rocks is crap. Kitchen cabaret may have been better. i faintly remember.

Bill

Account Suspended
From what I've seen you say in this thread, you seriously need to take other people's opinions into consideration. You may not want a museum, but many of us would LOVE it. If you don't want it, don't go to it and we can build it as a stand alone attraction somewhere.

Lets think themeing you guys. You get mad when Disney is cheap about building primevil whirl, but how does this museum fit into the communicore in epcot? Isnt that "themed" area future world? what does past disney rides have to do with the future? :D

Correct me if I'm wrong bucko, but aren't spacship earth, world of motion, and horizons all about the past (horizons in that it was based on ideas of past visonaries). So the past has everything to do with the future. There would be no future if there was no past. If your parents didn't do the hibbidy dibbidy in the past, there would be no you in the future, hence the importance. That said, I don't think it would fit in epcot, and don't really know where it would go although I like the idea. Sure, many of those attractions lost there popularity over time, but if you were to put the best parts all together, you may have something. Obviously not a high priority, but i'd be interesting eventually. And it would be popular because of nostogia and curiousity. And talk about living in the past, ther hasn't been a communicore for like 10 years. I think you should be replaced with a new version and tossed into a museum.

Real_Epcot_Fan

Wonderful Idea!!!! I would totally love this. To begin i never wanted some attractions go like Would of Motion, Horizons, 20,000 Leagues, Food Rocks, etc and i like Test Track and the others but no comparisson between the old ones and the new ones.

Without Past there wouldnt be future. I would totally buy all the Disney DVDs of the old attractions, make it part of the Walt Disney Treasures Series on DVD.

And by the Way Winnie is a HORRIBLE RIDE, Pure Eisner Magic with means no magic at all. LONG LIVE TO MR TOAD WILD RIDE!!

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster

I'm glad everyone's taking interest in this, maybe some Imagineer will read it and buy back all the old parts they probably pawned off.

:rolleyes:

Anyways, my thought with this was this: How cool would it be to take my kid one day back to the same park I went to as a youth and show him the rides that were there when I was a youth? I could literally stand him in front of rides I rode when I was his age. I know adults would love a museum like that. Just think in 20 years there will be alot of "out with the old and in with the new" taken over by then. Many of the rides that exist today will be in that museum 20 years from now.

I think that would be such a cool experience. Like I said, you also play the soundtrack to the ride in it's particular section.

Also if you did it as a walk through, you put some money into it and build theming around each section as you walk through it. You take props from the specific attraction and make you feel like you're back there again.

Ebay: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

PaisleyMF

The Focus of this Exibit should be more on Imagineering that on the past of the parks. Justify more on the art form than on what it is. you can have the DVD's and BluePrints, even some "classic" soveniers from the atractions showcased. Remember that you can have today the Family from Horizons, next week a portion of food rocks, and so on. I do remember in Disneyland they have this huge line Running for Rocket Rods and passed by the Circle Vision and the hole line and area were theme with Wed desings and even some parts of closed rides that came from huge blueprints. A great area to be used could be Wonders of Life pavilion. with some imagination could look like the original pavilion desing for worlds fair NY (The GE one)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom