Disney Museum

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
In my honest opinion, I think something that would be great at possibly MGM Studios (for size purposes) is a major museum that would act as a major walk through or toured attraction that consists of major parts of rides that "used to be" at Disney. For example, major parts of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Parts from the Sky Way, etc. I think it would be great to even put it in a big studio back there where they can rebuilt portions of the rides for the displays and play that ride's music.

I just think this could be a big attraction and it would be very interesting and would keep Disney's older attractions from being lost and act as artifacts.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i like the idea........................ i guess it makes more sense to put them on display as an attraction, then to let them sit in a lot behind MK. you could play up the themeing and like you said, even have parts of the ride thrus. but i can see this part being in a virtual simulator of some sort due to limited space.

joel_maxwell

they could have a meet and greet area with all the old ride vehicles so you could get your picture take with them. that would be my favorite part.

also, definately the blue prints would need to be involved for display

Since1976

Hey, I came up with this idea a few months ago. And no one else did before me. I have a patent on it :p

I agree it's a great idea. I would probably have it as a separate park though, outside of the Big 4.

The rides would probably not be ride-able, but we'd at least get to see some of the scenes and hear some of the original music.

It's about time someone wrote to Disney management about this idea!

ebay6988

Account Suspended
Are you kidding?

Are you serious? Why dont you people let go of the past. If it were up to you we would have the origional 1970's version of tommorow land. MOVE ON!!! By building a museum with old rides and such, Disney would loose a lot of its magic. Place it in MGM? Because of size? Hmmm i guess the Disney team doesnt have 40 some square miles to work with. Just like those of you that miss mr. toads wild ride. I dont remember disney's version but the one is california ends by the patron ending in HELL!!! YAY WHAT A RIDE ENDING@!! Im glad its gone, Winnie is an awesome ride. So, Good bye yesterday land!!!

joel_maxwell

Re: Are you kidding?

Originally posted by ebay6988
Are you serious? Why dont you people let go of the past. If it were up to you we would have the origional 1970's version of tommorow land. MOVE ON!!! By building a museum with old rides and such, Disney would loose a lot of its magic. Place it in MGM? Because of size? Hmmm i guess the Disney team doesnt have 40 some square miles to work with. Just like those of you that miss mr. toads wild ride. I dont remember disney's version but the one is california ends by the patron ending in HELL!!! YAY WHAT A RIDE ENDING@!! Im glad its gone, Winnie is an awesome ride. So, Good bye yesterday land!!!

ok, that is it................... brian is off the invite list to the museum opening................. please move to another thread. thanks.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

PaisleyMF

Imagineer
Imagineer

It will actually fit into a Future World Pavilion. should be call Imagineering Department. Have a sample of what it was and what it should have been. Sample of newer rides and ride technologies. Have Models of the Parks and it can be a rotating exibit. They can Play on the background music all those glorious loops that we all love, plus when you walk to scene you can hear the soundtrack from that ride or that portion.

Even more The Disney World that Never Was showcasing those rides and shows that were plan but never made it.

Even so have what is called the greatest Imagineer of them all Disney himself. showcasing some of his favorites from Disneyland and what would become of Disney World.

After all this you can build your own Disney in some interactive kiosks plus maybe just maybe showcase Imagineering at their best (kinda a tribute to WED enterprises) and move there as a finale the Original ride desing by Disney of Carousel of Progress. with it original Ending.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster

Well, I guess we'll just disagree with you then, won't we? You're a little too new to be on here talking that way aren't you son? :lol:

joel_maxwell

Re: Re: Are you kidding?

Originally posted by civileng68
Well, I guess we'll just disagree with you then, won't we? You're a little too new to be on here talking that way aren't you son? :lol:

woooooooow!!! layeth the smacketh!!!!!

granted, im still breakin the place in, but i totally agree.

BG Rugger

"He who is ignorant to what happened before he was born will forever remain a child."

daoVinci

Are you serious? Why dont you people let go of the past. If it were up to you we would have the origional 1970's version of tommorow land. MOVE ON!!! (blah, blah, blah)... So, Good bye yesterday land!!!

ebay, All I can say is that, as you mature and grow older, you'll notice a little thing called nostalgia. It's not necessarily that you want to return to that time...but you'd like to see bits and pieces of it every now and then, just for memory's sake. I don't think anyone's calling for M:S to be torn down to make room for it or anything.

Anyway...regarding room for it in MGM, the Animation building is open. :eek:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why would they when they make money selling the stuff??

eg - Monorail cab in someones back yard

Horizons omnimover vehicles to South America

:lol:

ebay6988

Account Suspended
yeppers

I guess I will remain a child, SINCE I LOVE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!!! and that idea wouldnt fit into epcot at all, still stupid, keep working on it kids. Lets work on the future, how about an origonal idea for a new ride?

ZHoyt

maybe a condensed version of it at the main st theater. similar to the walt disney story, but instead the walt disney world story.

it would also be a good fit to replace inoventions, as long as you didnt focus on the past, but on the art of imagineering itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom