Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour

Disney2002

Originally posted by Not For Sale
My ideas:

keep the tram
keep catastrophe canyon
have a section of the tour dedicated to Walt and his ideas
have the tram tour go into the motor stunt show (like have cars jumping over it and stuff)

However, the stunt show is not going to be running 24/7. It's going to be at scheduled times. So, having a major part of the tour revolve around something that won't often be there... not worth it.

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by marni1971
I also remember the Mickey and Eisner movie (`look, I can even be a corporate symbol!`) LOL!!

Not Mickey & Eisner, Robin & Walter. ;) Robin Williams and Walter Cronkite starred in "Back to Neverland," a film that demonstrated the animation process by turning Robin Williams into an animated character. At one point in the film, Robin realizes that he's a cartoon...

Robin: <Robin has become a cartoon character.> Hey, look! I'm a cartoon! <laughs> Hey, Walt, just how far can you go with this?

Walter: You can do anything that he can draw.

Robin: Hey, animator, whaddya say we have some fun, huh?

Animator: Yeah, all right. Let's go.

Robin: <laughs> I can be anything. <The animator draws Robin many different ways> I can be <teeny voice> just a tiny person. <Peter Lorre voice> Or make my eyes really big. <yelling> Or maybe have legs that are reeeeeeeal long! <The animator makes him look like Walter, and Robin impersonates him> I can even be you, Walter Cronkite.

Walter: Now hold on there.

Robin: Can I do this? I'm Happy. I'm Grumpy. I'm Dopey. <laughs, and becomes Mickey Mouse> Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol.

Walter: Hold it, hold it! No. Are you fellas finished?

Robin: <sighs> I always wanted to do that.

Ah, memories of the old version of the Magic of Disney Animation. :) I loved that movie.

cronkite.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Bill: oops! My memory must be getting worse. Do you know where and what the Eisner and Mickey film was? Its was set in Eisners `office` with him doing a piece to camera, with a lovely animated textured Mickey joining him - very Roger Rabbit in style. I remember Eisner checked his watch and it was a Mickey watch, then Mickey checked his watch and it was an Eisner watch....

azune

:confused:
wow I must be going mad because I have seen that robin williams walter cronkite movie i know that cause Im english and had no clue who walter cronkite was, but if it hasn't been shown for years then when did i see it ...

bizarre!!!

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by azune
:confused:
wow I must be going mad because I have seen that robin williams walter cronkite movie i know that cause Im english and had no clue who walter cronkite was, but if it hasn't been shown for years then when did i see it ...

bizarre!!!

Nah, Back to Neverland just got taken out last year.

The Mickey & Eisner movie... that hasn't been shown for years. I vaguely remember that movie. Though I do remember the scene with the watches. I believe that was shown in the beginning backlot tour, the one that lasted 2 hours and you had no option of not doing Backstage Magic. Back when "Here come the Muppets" was part of it. :)

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by thedisneyfan
Is there any possibility that they will link backstage pass to the backlot tour into one?

No, but it's possible backstage pass will be removed. :)

Timekeeper

Bette Bette Fruit Fruit

Didn't the Lottery film feature Bette Middler?

I seem to recall her as a voice coach giving a lesson, then a pigeon comes along and steals her ticket, then there's a crazy chase down a New York street, Bette ends up in a shopping cart which crashes into a subway station... or something like that. In the end she gets the ticket back and builds a statue for the pigeon - and then we got to see the props used to help make the film.

I wonder if anyone has this on video.

Or the Walter/Robin animation video - anyone have that?

Good times.

Bette Bette Fruit Fruit!

Timekeeper

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks bill. Was Muppets (the show) ever part of the backstage magic tour? I remember in 1990 it was a separate show to the tour. Glad I got it on video!! I`d LOVE the Cronkite/Williams and Eisner/Mickey fillms on tape or on the net.....

`Welcome to the Hollywood that never was, but always will be`

-or something like that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom