Disney MGM Rumors

Tom

Beta Return
The bumper strikes me like a bot.

Still, it is fantastic fun to read those first few posts. All the fears and expectations about MGM and the HAT. Fascinating.

Bot, Troll....one of those.

I knew it was old, or by someone who can't let go, when I saw the title. But yes, an interesting blast from the past.

The Empress Lilly

I knew it was old, or by someone who can't let go
It would be so cool if the bot/troll was really one of the original posters, and twelve years later he made a double login just for a 'told you so!' show. To people who have not visited this site since 2004.

They say the internets are crazy because they are new. Anarchic, like all frontiers. Me, I'm slowly beginnig to discover that the craziness only increases now that the internet is coming of age. At some point, half the members of this forum will have deceased, and people will reply to our posts in 2054, long after we are dead.

Tom

Beta Return
It would be so cool if the bot/troll was really one of the original posters, and twelve years later he made a double login just for a 'told you so!' show. To people who have not visited this site since 2004.

They say the internets are crazy because they are new. Anarchic, like all frontiers. Me, I'm slowly beginnig to discover that the craziness only increases now that the internet is coming of age. At some point, half the members of this forum will have deceased, and people will reply to our posts in 2054, long after we are dead.

That's deep.

But that would be neat to stick with this long enough to see all of this stuff we're talking about today come back around in 30 years or more. I'll be here, but I'll be posting from my yacht, set off from my private island for lunch in the cove. Thanks to pixie dust and pizza sales.

J03Y

i was confused when i saw the OP but then i saw the date it was posted and everything made sense

Mouseketeer #1

When MGM is finally gone, so will a lot of the scenes in the GMR. No Tarzan. No Busby Berkley. No Wizard of Oz. No Alien. Very little will actually be left! So the hat is clearly to take the focus from when people enter the park. People can't go, "Oh let's go in the Chinese Theater if they can't see it!

They wanted to cover it up for legal reasons...they got in a large battle with the company who owns the theater and needed a reason to cover it up, so they built the hat. I love the hat, though.

MerlinTheGoat

If there were a real legal battle as the myth says, hiding the facade somewhat from the main stretch wouldn't do anything to alleviate that battle. The facade is still entirely visible once you walk around the hat. If such a legal battle occurred, I'm sure they'd have to remove/change the theater facade entirely, not just hide it slightly.

G00fyDad

If there were a real legal battle as the myth says, hiding the facade somewhat from the main stretch wouldn't do anything to alleviate that battle. The facade is still entirely visible once you walk around the hat. If such a legal battle occurred, I'm sure they'd have to remove/change the theater facade entirely, not just hide it slightly.

Exactly. That is why the legal trouble myth is so silly. Slapping a hat 50 to 60 feet in front of it would do nothing to alleviate the copyright lawsuit. Disney would never have used the theater facade without permission first anyway. The hat is the result of some dufus and his ignorant idea of a hat for the 100 Years of Magic campaign, then it was left up afterward. No one ever slapped the crack pipe out of his hand and said "NO! Bad boy! We don't do stupid stuff like this!" and it was never taken down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom