Disney Merch being sold at Six Flags!

Tomcat47

Original Poster
I just returned from a day at Six Flags New England. My wife and I were shocked by all the Disney merchandise the souvinier shops inside the park had. We saw stuff in more than one store. There was WALL-E stuff Character plush toys , colorong books , Mickey Mouse t-shirts and Hannah Montana merchandise. I know SF has tried to copy alot of "Disney" ideas including a night time parade but to make money off the merchandise that surprsed me. Especially seeing how there is no connection to the parks. Has anybody seen this anywhere else?

urbanvegan

Interesting - but companies only sell what people will buy, so it must be selling better for them than other merchandise would.

kelsar

I laughed when I saw the Disney merchandise at Six Flags New England about a week ago. I noticed it at Six Flags Great Escape as well. And I just saw some Disney merch at Story Land in Glen, NH this weekend. (For those of you with pre-schoolers, it's a very sweet Magic Kingdom-like park, on a smaller scale and with more modest ambitions.)

There's no escaping the mouse! Even in rival parks! :ROFLOL:

Jerm

This same topic pops up every few months. You can go to your local gas station and they will be selling Disney stuff. Disney sells rights to smaller companies to make things and get money from it, anyone can buy those products to sell anywhere.

Cmdr_Crimson

This started last year when Red Zone bought out the company by ex ESPN employees which is owned By Disney...I'm dissapointed into how they are trying to incorporate this in the Six Flags chain.

disneytopdog

anyone can sell Disney merchandise

This same topic pops up every few months. You can go to your local gas station and they will be selling Disney stuff. Disney sells rights to smaller companies to make things and get money from it, anyone can buy those products to sell anywhere.

Six Flags Over Texas sells Disney stuff, in fact have a whole store dedicated to Disney plush, games and toys.

Yes other non Disney stores sell Disney stuff, whats funny about Six Flags selling it is they have paid BIG Bucks to Warner Brothers to sell, carry and use in their parks the Loony Tunes characters. I just cant recall a Loony Tune store at the MK

Disney_Belle

my husband and I went to Mystic Aquarium today in CT, and I noticed there was quite a bit of Disney Merchandise there, mostly Nemo and the Little Mermaid, but still there was quite a bit.

But I did notice A LOT of people with WDW shirts on (they weren't sold there, but so many people had WDW merchandise on). And there was one little girl walking through the aquarium and she saw a tank with clown fish in it, and she started jumping up and down screaming "I FOUND NEMO I FOUND NEMO!!! THE REAL NEMO I FOUND HIM!!!" IT was the most adorable thing :)

Sorry to get off subject lol...

HeatherK

I work in a little amusement park on Long Island, and in the gift shop we sell the tin lunchboxes of hannah montana, wall-e and disney princess watches etc. One of the games used to have stitch as a prize (of course I won one) but it is very hard / styrofoam feeling. We also even have spongebob or shrek as game prizes. The we also have the knock-offs. At one game, the prize was a yellow bear in pjs that looked alot like winnie or a rat that looked like Remy haha.

brb1006

I laughed when I saw the Disney merchandise at Six Flags New England about a week ago. I noticed it at Six Flags Great Escape as well. And I just saw some Disney merch at Story Land in Glen, NH this weekend. (For those of you with pre-schoolers, it's a very sweet Magic Kingdom-like park, on a smaller scale and with more modest ambitions.)

There's no escaping the mouse! Even in rival parks! :ROFLOL:
Story Land reminds me of Storybook Land at Atlantic City.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom