Disney MaxPass reviews

disneygeek90

But there are several attractions, at least at MK, where the earliest FP is not available until after 6:00PM - BTMRR, Splash, Space, PP. and in FP+ you wouldn't be able to get a new FP until you used that one, which means a whole day without a FP. This is an issue you don't have with MP.
Yes, I see what you're saying in that some have later claim dates, but it's still possible to get them if you are waiting day of to reserve. For me it works out better as I am usually not in the parks all day anymore. As I speak, a 7DMT FP popped up for 10:30am, in 1 minute. I wish I wasn't sitting at work 15 mins away ;)

D

Deleted member 107043

What is the process of reserving day of? Just spamming refresh?

From the WDW website:

After you enjoy your third FastPass+ experience, you’re free to make another selection at an in-park kiosk or on your mobile device. Use that one, then get one more (based on availability)―and repeat!

Travel Junkie

For now there are a couple of small advantages to MaxPass over paper FP. It does save a little time to not criss cross the park to grab a paper FP. This may also help crowd flow as fewer people will be maneuvering around the park just to grab a FP and then leave.

The other main advantage that I don't think has been pointed out is that with paper FP you get your FP for a given time and can't change it. MaxPass not only allows you to change it, but you can pick up a FP that other people dropped. People are constantly changing times and so those times go back into the system as available. For example MB has a current return time of 6PM, but someone with a 2PM FP cancelled or changed theirs. That 2PM FP goes back into the digital system and can be grabbed by someone else. You can't do that with paper FP.

The long term fear is that Disney is slowing getting people used to paying for FP and eventually the paper FP goes away and there is only MaxPass and you have to pay for it. It was alluded to in the MiceChat update that the Star Wars rides will be MaxPass only.

SugarMagnolia75

The fact that it does everything MaxPass does and more and is FREE is all anyone needs to know.

MaxPass does not have any tiers which is huge plus IMO. We were able to ride Soarin and TSMM multiple times in the same trip with no wait at DCA. At WDW this would have required us to spend several days at each DHS and Epcot. Personally, I think that the tiers make FP almost useless at those two parks, especially Epcot.

Yes because you must be inside a park before you're able to reserve a Fastpass.

Apparently the system doesn't really know that you're in the park. It only checks to see if your ticket has been used to enter one of the parks on that day. After you leave, you can continue to pull FP while you're back at your hotel or in DTD.

Curious Constance

MaxPass does not have any tiers which is huge plus IMO. We were able to ride Soarin and TSMM multiple times in the same trip with no wait at DCA. At WDW this would have required us to spend several days at each DHS and Epcot. Personally, I think that the tiers make FP almost useless at those two parks, especially Epcot.

Apparently the system doesn't really know that you're in the park. It only checks to see if your ticket has been used to enter one of the parks on that day. After you leave, you can continue to pull FP while you're back at your hotel or in DTD.
I was just wondering if the ticket scan was what they used! Thanks!

Curious Constance

I can't get past that I have to pay $100 to get in and then another ten bucks for the privilege of riding multiple times with no wait. I'll get on board eventually, but it's going to take me awhile.
You wouldn't pay an extra ten bucks to ride multiple rides in a row with zero lines?????!!

Plus all those hilarious ride photos are yours for free!

D

Deleted member 107043

You wouldn't pay an extra ten bucks to ride multiple rides in a row with zero lines?????!!

Plus all those hilarious ride photos are yours for free!

I would pay it, but I wouldn't want to pay for it because to me it's not something I believe Disney should be charging for. It's like when airlines charge more to sit in an exit row or an aisle seat. People have accepted these practices, but the truth is everyone hates upcharges.

Last edited by a moderator:

D.Silentu

I have to agree that I find the idea reprehensible at the moment. I'm in danger of redundancy here, but let's not forget, Fastpass was a band aid that was applied to capacity issues. That was seventeen years ago, and arguably that issue has yet to be properly remedied. With Maxpass you can buy the artificial feeling that the problem has been resolved by stepping over those who are stuck in the middle of it.

Last edited:

LongLiveTheKing

Is there any reason I should consider this instead of just using the current system?
If you have just yourself paying for an AP then the $75 upgrade for a year might be a decent deal. Otherwise the $10 per ticket per day becomes expensive very quickly. Remotely booking fastpasses in the parks saves a significant amount of walking, which saves a lot of energy and also your feet from hurting as much, potentially.

You also will basically be using a fast pass every chance you get with remote booking vs having to walk with paper just because it's so much more convenient. Also in the hot months it's less time in the heat. Given how most people have only a limited amount of time on their Disney park trips and don't live close, that can make a significant difference for how many e-ticket rides you get to use. Again, though, just a standard 3 people for 3 day trip is already $90 and it scales very fast as a cost. For groups I wouldn't bother with this just because most people in groups already have their own fp runner system which is circumventing the need for everyone to be there and burn their energy in the first place.

LongLiveTheKing

From the WDW website:

After you enjoy your third FastPass+ experience, you’re free to make another selection at an in-park kiosk or on your mobile device. Use that one, then get one more (based on availability)―and repeat!
Yeah but I meant if you're trying to book day of will the rides worth hunting a fp down for have them available?

Phroobar

I can't get past that I have to pay $100 to get in and then another ten bucks for the privilege of riding multiple times with no wait. I'll get on board eventually, but it's going to take me awhile.
So what happens to the stand by line as all these max pass holders take priority over everyone else? The stand by line moves even slower to a point where it is useless and flowing into the walk ways and causing congestion. I can just see myself waiting ten feet away from the entrance of Space Mountain and keep seeing the same people entering the ride before me over and over again.

SugarMagnolia75

You don't have to pay for MaxPass. Just like you don't have to reserve FP+ 60 days ahead of time. You still have the option of getting a FP at the kiosk. It's hard to know what the impact of MaxPass will be yet, but I still think FP availability will be be better than FP+.

So what happens to the stand by line as all these max pass holders take priority over everyone else? The stand by line moves even slower to a point where it is useless and flowing into the walk ways and causing congestion. I can just see myself waiting ten feet away from the entrance of Space Mountain and keep seeing the same people entering the ride before me over and over again.

I think a lot of this will depend on how much DL promotes MaxPass. FP works well at DL because so many people don't use it. As long as usage stays relatively low, there should be enough availability for those using MaxPass and kiosk FP. I will help people who plant to park hop though, so I think it will have a bigger impact on FP availability at GOTG and RSR.

disneygeek90

I would pay it, but I wouldn't want to pay for it because to me it's not something I believe Disney should be charging for. It's like when airlines charge more to sit in an exit row or an aisle seat. People have accepted these practices, but the truth is everyone hates upcharges.
You can still use paper tickets. You are simply paying $10 to eliminate the hassle of walking back and forth and the ease of being able to add/modify FP's on the go.

Stevek

Is there any reason I should consider this instead of just using the current system?
I would only use it if a) I visited 5 or less times a year or b) I was visiting on a special occasion i.e. daughters bday or a higher than normal crowd day. Beyond that, FP has worked fine for us since it's inception so I see no real reason to plunk down $40 extra every visit we make to the parks.

Phroobar

You can still use paper tickets. You are simply paying $10 to eliminate the hassle of walking back and forth and the ease of being able to add/modify FP's on the go.
Do the paper tickets allow the guest to reenter the fast pass line instantly after getting off the ride like the MaxPass does? Before you always had to wait until the next fast pass window which could be hours later if at all. MaxPass lets you ride a second time instantly even if there are no more paper FastPass tickets available. You are effectively cutting in front of paper FastPass holders with MaxPass. This seems wrong and broken. Am I completely off base?

peter11435

Do the paper tickets allow the guest to reenter the fast pass line instantly after getting off the ride like the MaxPass does? Before you always had to wait until the next fast pass window which could be hours later if at all. MaxPass lets you ride a second time instantly even if there are no more paper FastPass tickets available. You are effectively cutting in front of paper FastPass holders with MaxPass. This seems wrong and broken. Am I completely off base?
Maxpass does not allow multiple rides. You can only ride one time during your window. There is no priority given to maxpass users over standard fastpass guests at the attractions.

Phroobar

Maxpass does not allow multiple rides. You can only ride one time during your window. There is no priority given to maxpass users over standard fastpass guests at the attractions.
How are people getting ride windows immediately after they get off that ride? I think there is a bug here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom