Disney MaxPass reviews

JD2000

how does someone decide whether to...

1. get a fastpass to a popular ride and wait two hours to be able to get the next?
or...
2. or get a fastpass to a less popular ride and not wait to be able to get the next?

if you only get fastpass to popular rides, which have the biggest stand-by lines and where fastpass holds the most value, you wouldn't get nearly as many throughout the day.

Emmanuel

Someone asked the Disneyland AP twitter about the regular Signature APs which as of today has been stripped of the free photopass downloads since its part of Maxpass now.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 6.01.38 PM.png

D

Deleted member 107043

Upcharge upcharge upcharge. This is what I hate. Stop asking me for more money.

I realize I won't be physically forced to use this system, but for out of town visitors like me who only go every 2-4 years I almost have no choice but to use it in order to maximize my time. Then comes the debate with my party about whether they want to do it too. I also question the reliance on phones. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just keep thinking about the seamless beauty of MyMagic+. MaxPass seems like a completely counterintuitive way to manage virtual queing at a Disney theme park.

mickEblu

Upcharge upcharge upcharge. This is what I hate. Stop asking me for more money.

I realize I won't be physically forced to use this system, but for out of town visitors like me who only go every 2-4 years I almost have no choice but to use it in order to get the maximize my time. Then comes the debate with my party about whether they want to do it too. I also question the reliance on phones. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just keep thinking about the seamless beauty of MyMagic+ and MaxPass seems like a completely counterintuitive way to manage virtual queing at a Disney theme park.

I've personally never used MyMagic+ but I agree with everything else.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Disney gets rid of the old paper FPs entirely in the next year or two.

D

Deleted member 107043

I've personally never used MyMagic+ but I agree with everything else.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Disney gets rid of the old paper FPs entirely in the next year or two.

The fact that it does everything MaxPass does and more and is FREE is all anyone needs to know.

D

Deleted member 107043

The only thing i don't like about MyMagic+ that I don't like is that you have to reserve FPs well in advance but every time I mention that it starts a debate between other members on how true that is.

It's a myth that you have to reserve them in advance. ;) You can reserve, but you don't have to.

D

Deleted member 107043

Yeah, but if you want a fastpass for a highly sought ride it can be pretty difficult. I honestly prefer our FP system in that regard.

But MaxPass will obviously have a negative impact of "our FP system". This is why I'd prefer to have the MyMagic+ program with all the bells and whistles for free.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The fact that it does everything MaxPass does and more and is FREE is all anyone needs to know.

Doesn't have free photopass...
Forces tieriing constraints...
Requires a wearable and device for reasonable use...

For sure Disney is attaching artificial value to justify a price, but at least they are making the thing desirable before charging for it :)

DisneyRoxMySox

Coming from someone who uses FastPass+, I would say MaxPass is everything FastPass+ should have been. The huge downside to FP+ is that popular attractions run out of available FastPasses or have very late windows because of pre-bookings. And of course if you elect to choose a late return window, you can't get an additional FP+ until you redeem.

MaxPass still has the benefit of getting a FastPass for a return time based on current distribution. While for popular attractions like RSR, the return window still could be late in the day, you should still be able to get a second FastPass sooner just like the legacy appear system right? If that's he case it's a relatively even playing field, it just saves the walking (and ride time) to pull one.

I don't have an AP to DLR, but I think $75 is worth it in the long run just to have the option. I'm also kind of okay with them charging for it? I feel like an argument is that you may spend more time on attractions then eating corn dogs or shopping etc.

One question, does the ticket need to be scanned for park entry on any given day before you can book your first FastPass?

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Coming from someone who uses FastPass+, I would say MaxPass is everything FastPass+ should have been. The huge downside to FP+ is that popular attractions run out of available FastPasses or have very late windows because of pre-bookings. And of course if you elect to choose a late return window, you can't get an additional FP+ until you redeem.

MaxPass still has the benefit of getting a FastPass for a return time based on current distribution. While for popular attractions like RSR, the return window still could be late in the day, you should still be able to get a second FastPass sooner just like the legacy appear system right? If that's he case it's a relatively even playing field, it just saves the walking (and ride time) to pull one.

I don't have an AP to DLR, but I think $75 is worth it in the long run just to have the option. I'm also kind of okay with them charging for it? I feel like an argument is that you may spend more time on attractions then eating corn dogs or shopping etc.

One question, does the ticket need to be scanned for park entry on any given day before you can book your first FastPass?
Yes because you must be inside a park before you're able to reserve a Fastpass.

JoFu

If enough people buy into MP and drain all the fps for the paper users it might be required to "upgrade" regularly for its ridiculous price if you want to use fps
Why do you believe MaxPass users will or can drain paper FPs? It is the same as a paper FP, the same queue, etc. The only difference is that instead of walking to the FP distribution you can do it on your phone. You don't get to have more FPs or get some sort of priority over other FP users unless I'm missing something?

LongLiveTheKing

Why do you believe MaxPass users will or can drain paper FPs? It is the same as a paper FP, the same queue, etc. The only difference is that instead of walking to the FP distribution you can do it on your phone. You don't get to have more FPs or get some sort of priority over other FP users unless I'm missing something?
They get them way faster and easier. That's going to have more people using fast passes and will take them out of circulation, and based on how popular MP is, potentially very significantly

DisneyRoxMySox

This is my train of thought as well.

They get them way faster and easier. That's going to have more people using fast passes and will take them out of circulation, and based on how popular MP is, potentially very significantly

But they aren't adding users of FP to the system, the number of humans using FP remains the same. It just eliminates the 3 minutes of riding an attraction and then 8-15 minutes to walk to pull a new paper FP. I'm not sure that would have a significant impact to those just pulling paper FP.

At 10AM, these are the only attractions without FP times available:

MK- Cinderella/Elena M&G, 7DMT
Epcot - Frozen, Illuminations
Hollywood - All available
AK- FoP, NRJ, Disney Pals M&G

But there are several attractions, at least at MK, where the earliest FP is not available until after 6:00PM - BTMRR, Splash, Space, PP. and in FP+ you wouldn't be able to get a new FP until you used that one, which means a whole day without a FP. This is an issue you don't have with MP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom