Disney MaxPass reviews

mickEblu

Apparently you can stack FP now if the one you get has an immediate time. Meaning is Buzz has a ride now FP I can get it then also grab another one for Space right away

Isn't this the same as the "old" system- where you can get a new FP as long as the current FP return window start time has passed? Since the FP returns times immediate, the start time has already passed making you eligible for another FP

Last edited:

Stevek

Apparently you can stack FP now if the one you get has an immediate time. Meaning is Buzz has a ride now FP I can get it then also grab another one for Space right away
Yep, someone posted a stack of 6 FP tickets, all around the same time. Just had to be for different rides. Will have to test this out Sunday.

Travel Junkie

Isn't this the same as the "old" system- where you can get a new FP as long as the current FP return window start time has passed? Since the FP returns times immediate, the start time has already passed making you eligible for another FP

it is the same as before, but the new part is the fast pass window being immediate. Before it was 40 minutes out minimum. I do tend to rope drop and for a 8AM opening the first available FP is 8:40. Now you can get a FP at 8AM for 8AM.

The advantage is for a ride like Buzz you don't have to wait 40 minutes to grab another FP. You get a Buzz FP then grab a SM FP right away instead of waiting 40 minutes.

mickEblu

it is the same as before, but the new part is the fast pass window being immediate. Before it was 40 minutes out minimum. I do tend to rope drop and for a 8AM opening the first available FP is 8:40. Now you can get a FP at 8AM for 8AM.

The advantage is for a ride like Buzz you don't have to wait 40 minutes to grab another FP. You get a Buzz FP then grab a SM FP right away instead of waiting 40 minutes.

Ohhhhhh gotcha. Thanks, I had no idea that FP Return times started 40 minutes after park opening.

mickEblu

Yep, someone posted a stack of 6 FP tickets, all around the same time. Just had to be for different rides. Will have to test this out Sunday.

So it sounds like this change really only helps you if you re there at rope drop with two FP attractions that are in close vicinity. Not sure what the point would be to run around the park to collect 6 FPs since the lines will be empty at that time anyway? (Unless they re not enforcing return times - which I find to be common). I could see using this trick on 2 attractions in close vicinity and maybe one or two more as you make your way to the other attractions throughout the early morning.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Sorry I wasn't following closely and I'm too lazy to do the research. Do you still need to go to a kiosk to get the pass or is it on your phone?

Daveeeeed

Today Fastpasses have gone digital in the same way at Disney World instead they use bar codes.

MAXPASS will begin in the middle of July.

Today they have rolled out the Cast Member side, new scan entrances similar to Magic Band touch points at Disney World at Fastpass attractions, and electronic fastpasses.

BrianLo

Ya, I'll be paying the 10$ for this when I visit. FP+ is a dream because you can book it from anywhere, particularly from a line without criss-crossing the park. This week is the first time I've experienced it and like @Travel Junkie said you can literally role into a FP+, book your next attraction for 5 minutes out while still in line for the previous attraction.

It meant as soon as my third FP finished (Pan) I had Winnie the Pooh booked for right after... while in line for that I snagged my 5th FP at seven dwarfs mine train randomly for a window 5 minutes out. I just spent the entire day walking without a standby queue.

Did about 12 fastpass arriving after rope drop ~9:30 and leaving before 5. With 6 shows, a few anytime attractions and the parade. I feel partly bad because most standby lines today were 60ish minutes.

I don't think Max Pass will kick back unused or cancelled FP though, that's where Florida shines. If you are persistent you can pretty much get any attraction you want in a reasonable time.

PiratesMansion

I've been thinking about the $10 fee, and while it could just be a way to make a buck, I was thinking that it might be a way to limit what happened at WDW when they rolled out FP+. There was a solid month IIRC where nothing was stopping anyone from using both the old paper FP and the new FP+ together. I'd like to think it's an attempt to curb that and then seem like nice guys and let everyone use the new system for free when it becomes fully operational.

Or it could just be a way to make a buck.

What I don't understand is why there are touchpoints being installed if there are no MagicBands and FP will be bookable by cell phone. Unless they're switching tickets to be more like WDW credit card style tickets? Did I miss the explanation for this?

D

Deleted member 107043

What I don't understand is why there are touchpoints being installed if there are no MagicBands and FP will be bookable by cell phone. Unless they're switching tickets to be more like WDW credit card style tickets? Did I miss the explanation for this?

This is where I'm confused too. Maybe that's where you tap your mobile device?

George Lucas on a Bench

What else is going to have Fastpass? I had heard that Pirates was getting it, but no updates on that. Ever since they added it to Matterhorn, it consistently has the longest line in the park when I look at the app. What a complete and total disaster.

180º

Ya, I'll be paying the 10$ for this when I visit. FP+ is a dream because you can book it from anywhere, particularly from a line without criss-crossing the park. This week is the first time I've experienced it and like @Travel Junkie said you can literally role into a FP+, book your next attraction for 5 minutes out while still in line for the previous attraction.

It meant as soon as my third FP finished (Pan) I had Winnie the Pooh booked for right after... while in line for that I snagged my 5th FP at seven dwarfs mine train randomly for a window 5 minutes out. I just spent the entire day walking without a standby queue.

Did about 12 fastpass arriving after rope drop ~9:30 and leaving before 5. With 6 shows, a few anytime attractions and the parade. I feel partly bad because most standby lines today were 60ish minutes.

I don't think Max Pass will kick back unused or cancelled FP though, that's where Florida shines. If you are persistent you can pretty much get any attraction you want in a reasonable time.
I agree with everything you say about FP+, as I had the same positive experience myself. However, I still find it appalling that Disneyland is introducing this as a way to earn some extra cash from guests willing and able to pay for it while WDW offers the same service, at no additional cost, to every guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom