Rumor Disney Mask Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purduevian

Disney will only do what they think looks best for PR. It’s not about safety as much as it is safety theater (whatever appears is making people feel safer even though it probably isn’t doing much at all).

you can’t convince me wearing a mask in an queue line or ride and then gathering in a wad of people surrounding you for fireworks without a mask makes any sense
Just curious. Why do you think Universal reversed its policy on masks a few days ago? I don't believe it was a PR move as I only saw it here and a single post on reddit.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Every single study has shown that outdoor transmission isn't a thing.

Outdoor transmission is rare, and probably has minimal impact on the overall case numbers, but it's inaccurate to say that it "isn't a thing".

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Outdoor transmission is rare, and probably has minimal impact on the overall case numbers, but it's inaccurate to say that it "isn't a thing".

For those who don't want to read it, the TL;DR bottom line:
"Existing evidence supports the wide-held belief that risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission is lower outdoors but there are significant gaps in our understanding of specific pathways."

bdearl41

Forget the advice from anyone. Wear N95 masks both inside and outside in crowds. We dont need the government to tell us what to do. Be safe and have a Merry Christmas.
I think finally people are catching on. The masks (cloth) were more theater than actual protection. Time always shows truth. While the cloth masks provide a bit of protection, that amount was always fairly limited. The N95s were the ones necessary to really protect yourself.
This is not an anti mask post. Just one pointing out a lot of what has gone on for 20 months has been theater.

Lilofan

I think finally people are catching on. The masks (cloth) were more theater than actual protection. Time always shows truth. While the cloth masks provide a bit of protection, that amount was always fairly limited. The N95s were the ones necessary to really protect yourself.
This is not an anti mask post. Just one pointing out a lot of what has gone on for 20 months has been theater.
One can only imagine if millions didn't believe the " theatre " excuse and went maskless in the last 12 months. Some I know went that route and some had died. The theatre is ones who claim that got vaccinated supporting the anti vax conspiracy theorists.

bdearl41

Disney doesn't make its policy based on the opinion of a CNN medical expert, it does so based on CDC recommendations. Masks aren't perfect, but they have been proven time and time again to cut down transmission by a meaningful percentage. There's still lots of traffic fatalities but we still wear seatbelts.
Also Dr. Wen has been one of the more sensationalistic of this pandemic.

bdearl41

One can only imagine if millions didn't believe the " theatre " excuse and went maskless in the last 12 months. Some I know went that route and some had died.
I think you missed my point. The difference between wearing a cloth mask and none was not as much as touted. That’s why you see across the country and world for that matter (excluding isolated island nations) hospitalization, death and positivity rates that align quite similarly to population density regardless of mask rules.

JoeCamel

For those who don't want to read it, the TL;DR bottom line:
"Existing evidence supports the wide-held belief that risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission is lower outdoors but there are significant gaps in our understanding of specific pathways."
If people are concerned with a very few cardiac events with a specific vaccine they should think the chance of outdoor spread is significant enough to act accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom