Rumor Disney Mask Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

Original Poster
CNN’s medical analyst Dr Leana Wen has said that cloth masks are useless in the fight against the spread of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, instead encouraging viewers to wear three-layer medical masks.

So now that even CNN is saying that cloth masks do not work is Disney going to update the mask policy?

If so we should expect an announcement immediately requiring N95 or surgical masks.

HairyChest

Is the omricon variant smaller then the original and delta variant? Because we were always told masks help, not only n95 masks. Unless it’s not the size of the virus that makes regular masks useless? This is confusing.

LittleBuford

Is the omricon variant smaller then the original and delta variant? Because we were always told masks help, not only n95 masks. Unless it’s not the size of the virus that makes regular masks useless? This is confusing.
The new variant is easier to transmit and catch, so masks now have a tougher job to do. The better the mask, the more effective it will prove at stopping its wearer from spreading or being exposed to the virus. That’s always been the case, of course; Omicron has just raised the level at which masks need to perform.

JoeCamel

Same size
The new variant is easier to transmit and catch, so masks now have a tougher job to do. The better the mask, the more effective it will prove at stopping its wearer from spreading or being exposed to the virus. That’s always been the case, of course; Omicron has just raised the level at which masks need to perform.
The Omicron requires less viral load to infect so the plain cloth masks will pass some portion of the virus which with Omicron is enough to infect. The better masks filter more out so you get less viral load.

LittleBuford

The Omicron requires less viral load to infect so the plain cloth masks will pass some portion of the virus which with Omicron is enough to infect. The better masks filter more out so you get less viral load.
This is what I was saying, though you said it better than I did.

PaulZ

I’m not telling anyone what to do. All I hear in the newz is if you are double vaxxed and have the booster, if you get this if will likely be asymptomatic or mild because it’s not as deadly, especially to those with the aforementioned vaccines. I’ve had all that. So, I’m going to live my life as I did before Covid as long as I can help it.

If rules change and I go, I’ll follow them whatever they are. I only wear N95 mask because they are the most comfortable and easiest for me to breathe through.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Disney will only do what they think looks best for PR. It’s not about safety as much as it is safety theater (whatever appears is making people feel safer even though it probably isn’t doing much at all).

you can’t convince me wearing a mask in an queue line or ride and then gathering in a wad of people surrounding you for fireworks without a mask makes any sense

JoeCamel

Believe whatever you want to believe but outdoor transmission for COVID just isn’t a thing.
How would you know? If you walk through a cloud someone is coughing or sneezing without a cover or an elbow it isn't long enough to get enough Omicron to be infected? Pretty bold to make a blanket
outdoors - good
indoors - mask
Seems more situation oriented than wall dependent

Jrb1979

Disney will only do what they think looks best for PR. It’s not about safety as much as it is safety theater (whatever appears is making people feel safer even though it probably isn’t doing much at all).

you can’t convince me wearing a mask in an queue line or ride and then gathering in a wad of people surrounding you for fireworks without a mask makes any sense
TBH the mask rules should be like we had at my local amusement park. Mask on at all times unless you are in an area thats not congested.

TrojanUSC

CNN’s medical analyst Dr Leana Wen has said that cloth masks are useless in the fight against the spread of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, instead encouraging viewers to wear three-layer medical masks.

So now that even CNN is saying that cloth masks do not work is Disney going to update the mask policy?

If so we should expect an announcement immediately requiring N95 or surgical masks.

Disney doesn't make its policy based on the opinion of a CNN medical expert, it does so based on CDC recommendations. Masks aren't perfect, but they have been proven time and time again to cut down transmission by a meaningful percentage. There's still lots of traffic fatalities but we still wear seatbelts.

Lilofan

Disney doesn't make its policy based on the opinion of a CNN medical expert, it does so based on CDC recommendations. Masks aren't perfect, but they have been proven time and time again to cut down transmission by a meaningful percentage. There's still lots of traffic fatalities but we still wear seatbelts.
Seat belts are necessary even though some hated the automatic ones in the cars in the mid 1980s. One still had to manually buckle the lap belt too.

danv3

Let's be honest, the loose fitting cloth masks most people wear, often not even covering their noses, do almost nothing with respect to COVID mitigation and never really have.

A KN95 mask will probably offer some actual protection, but Disney isn't going to mandate them (unless ordered to do so) because they aren't going to want to train cast members to verify that people are wearing the right kind of mask. Imagine the CM-guest confrontations if CMs have to enforce not just mask wearing, but type of mask.

mikejs78

Premium Member

Every single study has shown that outdoor transmission isn't a thing.
How would you know? If you walk through a cloud someone is coughing or sneezing without a cover or an elbow it isn't long enough to get enough Omicron to be infected? Pretty bold to make a blanket
outdoors - good
indoors - mask
Seems more situation oriented than wall dependent

It actually is, if you’re in close proximity to others for more than a certain number of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom