News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickcat96

Well, I respect everyone's opinion to or for. For me, I wont go out of my way, just to catch it. Florida is off the chain right now on infection rate, choosing to go to Disney while its bad, is not a good enough reason for me to risk anything.

MrMichaelJames

Well, I respect everyone's opinion to or for. For me, I wont go out of my way, just to catch it. Florida is off the chain right now on infection rate, choosing to go to Disney while its bad, is not a good enough reason for me to risk anything.
Yup this. No one in their right mind should willingly choose to go to FL right now for any reason unless you already live there. Disney World will still be there 5-10 years from now when hopefully everything improves. If things aren't better then oh well, saved me a lot of money and its all because of the leaders in FL and how they didn't handle this.

Same goes for other states as well that have decided to punish people for doing the right thing. My vacation money will go elsewhere.

GimpYancIent

Disney has not yet updated their website, but the site that can't be named is reporting that starting tomorrow, Disney will make masks optional for outdoor queues, outdoor attractions and outdoor theaters.
Excuse me, but, why does Disney have to make such a pronouncement? People can wear masks (for medical reasons i.e. COVID19) if they choose in all outdoor environments on Disney properties as it is.

Rich Brownn

Vaccines seem to be a good, as those who have it have some protection compared to those who are not vaccinated. We will know more about the side effects, if any, from this new type and never before used mRNA vaccine, a year from now. Distancing only makes sense indoors if the person with a virus is 40 feet away. Bottom line is this virus is very contagious, and with or without the vaccine, most will get it if you are in a public place. Fortunately the best immunity is the natural one provided by your body if you recover. Unfortunately, this respiratory virus will create serious problems for those susceptible.
Science disagrees with you here. The vaccines provide better protection than natural. Thats why the CDC and Who recommend getting vaccinated even after you'v recovered. Breakthroughs occur in less than 1% of the vaccinated population and hospitalizations and deaths are even less than that. And 99% of side effects show up in the first six weeks. No side effects from a vaccine have ever shown up after six months of testing and use, Real world data backs that up.

Last edited by a moderator:
E9FjwdQVgAQQqTL.jpeg

waffleboots

Disney world includes all, its one of the reasons I love the resort. If I have to wear a mask when its hot out so that a child on a "make a wish trip" can safely enjoy, I gladly will. Perhaps this is that young ones only shot at getting to WDW. I will not allow my minor discomfort put someone else in harms way. So I please ask that for all of you who have the opinion of "if you don't feel safe, don't go", your statement is correct, but can and should we do better to make everyone feel as safe as they can be? I humbly believe so.

PrincessNelly_NJ

My personal course is already set.

I’m vaccinated and plan to take the booster when necessary.

I will eventually catch covid.

I believe we all will.

Statistically speaking I should be just fine.

It not, I have had a good life.

Once children are eligible for the vaccine, hopefully soon, we will have run out of major population groups to protect except the unvaccinated.

At that point this mask nonsense will become much harder to accept.
This is pretty much how I have been feeling. The only thing that worries me is even when children become eligible for the vaccine.

Considering how hard some parents are coming out against mask - do we really think these people will vaccinate their children?

Its one thing to say an adult is SOL if they choose to remain unvaccinated but its hard to say that for children without the ability to make that decision sadly.

PirateFrank

Not applying my own opinion on this - but It appears to me that this slight change to the policy is actually an effort by wdw to further dig in on masks indoors. It’s a strategic retreat to a more defensible position.

Chi84

Premium Member
In passing, yes. But not if you are in close proximity to someone for more than 15 minutes. Translation - A long attraction queue.
I thought the odds of transmission outside are low even under those circumstances. Are you referring to specific data, or just saying it seems like transmission would be likely then.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

CJR

Does anyone know which rides are considered indoor or outdoor if they are both? Like is Splash Mountain considered indoor or outdoor?

I would guess that almost all the rides are considered indoor. Splash, BTMRR, SDMT, Peoplemover, Everest, all have pretty clear indoor parts where air conditioning is likely present. I'd guess the list is slim for rides that can be ridden without a mask.

Some that I can think of that the new rule might apply to, depending how loose they're willing to go, include Kilimanjaro Safaris (assuming they overlook the structure you walk through in the queue), TriceraTop Spin, Alien Swirling Saucers (maybe), Sling Dog Dash (maybe), Jungle Cruise (maybe, does have that small interior portion), Magic Carpets, Carousel, Speedway, Astro Orbiter (probably will be required on the elevator), probably the Liberty Square Riverboat, rafts to TSI. Might be missing a few, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

[EDIT] Swiss Family Treehouse, Mad Tea Party and Kali River Rapids, Wildlife Express are others.

Last edited:

CSJORDAN

sullyinMT

I would guess that almost all the rides are considered indoor. Splash, BTMRR, SDMT, Peoplemover, Everest, all have pretty clear indoor parts where air conditioning is likely present. I'd guess the list is slim for rides that can be ridden without a mask.

Some that I can think of that the new rule might apply to, depending how loose they're willing to go, include Kilimanjaro Safaris (assuming they overlook the structure you walk through in the queue), TriceraTop Spin, Alien Swirling Saucers (maybe), Sling Dog Dash (maybe), Jungle Cruise (maybe, does have that small interior portion), Magic Carpets, Speedway, Astro Orbiter (probably will be required on the elevator), probably the Liberty Square Riverboat, rafts to TSI. Might be missing a few, but these are the ones off the top of my head.
PC Carousel and Mad Tea Party? Depends on how they handle the covering/shelter. It's a roof, but open air sides. Similar to Alien Saucers. Kali is outdoors, has indoor queue portions.

Not trying to correct you at all, just helping flesh out the list.

Orange County where Uni is located is recording record numbers of COVID cases. I don't think anyone is doing fine.

Latest WDW mask guidelines take effect tomorrow.
Would be interesting to see if there is data indicating that Universal's not requiring mask policy is contributing to the higher number of cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom