News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

PC Carousel and Mad Tea Party? Depends on how they handle the covering/shelter. It's a roof, but open air sides. Similar to Alien Saucers. Kali is outdoors, has indoor queue portions.

Not trying to correct you at all, just helping flesh out the list.

Goodness, how did I leave out Mad Tea Party? I ride it almost every time I go. Kali, I'm not surprised I left off, it was in the 90's, I think, that I rode it last. Never felt the need to go on it again.

I define outdoors more loosely probably. I don't consider a shade structure indoors. If it has walls and doors, regardless if there's A/C, I would consider it indoors. Disney might be much more conservative, I'm sure we'll find out soon.

For Kali, I think depending on how they define indoors, you would take put the mask on while in the queue and remove it, if you want, after you pass through the structure. The ride is outdoors, so I don't believe it would be necessary, with the change in policy.

AEfx

I don't believe they have any kind of tracing in place to know that.
I know, people keep asking that about WDW, too, and because there is no number, they assume it must be insignifigant - and it's like - how would they ever know? People are home before they even start to show symptoms. The only ones in a position to really do any substantial follow-up are the parks themselves, and I don't think they would ever do that...willingly.

sullyinMT

I know, people keep asking that about WDW, too, and because there is no number, they assume it must be insignifigant - and it's like - how would they ever know? People are home before they even start to show symptoms. The only ones in a position to really do any substantial follow-up are the parks themselves, and I don't think they would ever do that...willingly.
Their (all theme parks) best chance at real numbers would be among staff. But even they have many interactions away from work, and with the current state of affairs in OCFL and the state in general, good luck at internal contact tracing with the goal of identifying a source. Ugh.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the update on the WDW website -

"Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) in all indoor locations, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout all indoor attractions and indoor queues and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings are optional for Guests in outdoor areas."

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 5.03.54 PM.png

wutisgood

At this point disney is looking at the data they have and making the choice they think will make them the most money. Some people don't want to go if there are masks. Some people don't feel safe going without masks.
Would be interesting to see if there is data indicating that Universal's not requiring mask policy is contributing to the higher number of cases.

I mean its not going to contribute to lower cases. I don't see why they would ever tell anyone if it were leading to higher cases.

maui2k7

Here is the update on the WDW website -

"Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) in all indoor locations, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout all indoor attractions and indoor queues and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings are optional for Guests in outdoor areas."

View attachment 580683
I wonder why they do not list out the attractions that are considered "outdoors" for clarity?

CJR

I asked a friend in CA, since DL has been doing this type of thing since the policy went back in place. He said the Incredicoaster was not requiring masks, neither was the carousel. That's what he said, so it's nothing official. Still, if WDW does copy Disneyland completely, that should give you an idea of what will and won't be allowed on certain attractions. The Incredicoaster is mostly outdoors, but it does go through some covered parts and the queue is covered.

EricsBiscuit

Tony the Tigger

Considering the odds of transmission while outdoors are astronomically low then yes it is a great idea.

In passing, yes. But not if you are in close proximity to someone for more than 15 minutes. Translation - A long attraction queue.

As far as I know, those things were truer a few months ago, but not so much with Delta. You can transmit Delta with a casual interaction, like 10 seconds. I don’t know how much being outside makes a difference if you are in line for 20 minutes next to the same person the whole time.
I wonder why they do not list out the attractions that are considered "outdoors" for clarity?
I wish they would/hope they do. I may avoid certain ones.

I plan to speak up where it makes sense when I go in 8 days. Just like home, when I go to a restaurant, I’ll ask if they can accommodate us with a table more away from people. Just like in the grocery store, I’ll ask folks in line behind me if they wouldn’t mind backing up a bit, since I am high risk (and they won’t get anywhere any faster.) If I feel uncomfortable, I will remove myself from the situation.

I’m guessing there will be people who take their masks off on dark rides, not caring who they harm.

TikibirdLand

As far as I know, those things were truer a few months ago, but not so much with Delta. You can transmit Delta with a casual interaction, like 10 seconds. I don’t know how much being outside makes a difference if you are in line for 20 minutes next to the same person the whole time.

I wish they would/hope they do. I may avoid certain ones.

I plan to speak up where it makes sense when I go in 8 days. Just like home, when I go to a restaurant, I’ll ask if they can accommodate us with a table more away from people. Just like in the grocery store, I’ll ask folks in line behind me if they wouldn’t mind backing up a bit, since I am high risk (and they won’t get anywhere any faster.) If I feel uncomfortable, I will remove myself from the situation.

I’m guessing there will be people who take their masks off on dark rides, not caring who they harm.
If you're high risk, why would you be going to a crowded theme park?

correcaminos

Vaccines seem to be a good, as those who have it have some protection compared to those who are not vaccinated. We will know more about the side effects, if any, from this new type and never before used mRNA vaccine, a year from now. Distancing only makes sense indoors if the person with a virus is 40 feet away. Bottom line is this virus is very contagious, and with or without the vaccine, most will get it if you are in a public place. Fortunately the best immunity is the natural one provided by your body if you recover. Unfortunately, this respiratory virus will create serious problems for those susceptible.
We don't get long term reactions from vaccines period. We're well over a year for trials. The mRNA technology has been used in other vaccines before. Natural immunity is show 2.34x more reinfections than breakthrough cases. I can give a link to every one if you need. Cat sleeping on me makes copying and pasting harder.

None of this has to do with masks at Disney, but couldn't let wrong info be shared.

I personally find this new mask mandate more confusing. We have a day trip planned in Sept and honestly unsure if we'll go or not. We're all fully vaccinated with all of us having a shot within 6 months or less of the trip too. Still FL numbers are a bit much compared to home.

Tony the Tigger

Then, why would you even bring it up on a discussion board? If Disney isn't requiring distancing, asking the mob in line to give you social distancing space is not something that is reasonable. I agree that some people take personal space as being optional too. Just not sure where to draw that line.
Too bad. That’s what’s going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom