News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Brownn

Sorry, maybe you're not quite following what's going on. These are mRNA vaccines? Brand new I think..
The vaccines are new. The science and research behind them is not. Its been in development for 30 years and the first human test was 10 years ago, The issue was getting the body not to attack the mRNA before it got to the cell. Wrapping in lipods solved the issue.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure The Villages is located in Sumpter County. Sumpter County has 69% of eligible residents vaccinated, tied for 2nd in FL with Monroe and both only behind Miami-Dade. They can't be that anti-vax in The Villages.
you’re not still trying to hold up Florida as “doing it right”…are you? Governor loudmouth was touring an empty border looking for rattlesnakes 1000 miles away last week…instead of talking to his medical people…if there are any actual medical people in Tallahassee left?

So, I'm actually kind of fascinated now; someone earlier in the thread stated that they were around 70-80% vaccinated, and it turns out, they're right! So despite being one of the largest concentration of solidly red-state voting Republicans, and a place where a friend who lives there says "nobody here trusts the vaccine, we trust DeSantis and Trump", they're mostly vaccinated. I wonder if they're doing a good job of community outreach.
The villages are all transplants…and where do transplants come from?

Heelz2315

I just keep checking back to see if anyone has any insight on if Disney will reimplement their mask mandate at all.

Got a trip coming in two weeks and do t want to wear one while I’m there. (Full disclosure I’m 100% vaccinated and and so is everyone in my group)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, this thread has become too political. Face it both parties are inconsistent because each of them tell people how to live in different areas. I hope it stops because we need to beat Covid19 into the ground and find where it really came from and the world needs to make sure it never happens again. Besides, with the increasing number of cases and decreases in the number of vaccinations it's clear the new administration is just as bad on handling this disease as the last but they have the vaccine. Both parties are to blame for every problem we have. Only by working together can we solve the problems we face.
Yeah…some truth here…

and a lot of “no”

when people don’t takes vaccine mostly because of Facebook clicks, television ads and the rumblings of a loser/Buffoon….that’s not the “others” blame.

40% of the country doesn’t invite the measles. This is what’s actually going on.

DisneyCane

Yes, this thread has become too political. Face it both parties are inconsistent because each of them tell people how to live in different areas. I hope it stops because we need to beat Covid19 into the ground and find where it really came from and the world needs to make sure it never happens again. Besides, with the increasing number of cases and decreases in the number of vaccinations it's clear the new administration is just as bad on handling this disease as the last but they have the vaccine. Both parties are to blame for every problem we have. Only by working together can we solve the problems we face.
For a lot of problems, neither party is to blame but they will always blame each other for every problem!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It has a 95% rate of protection, which makes it one of the most effective vaccines ever created.
Having previously had Covid offers you... no protection.

Vaccinated people without a mask are less likely to transmit the virus than unvaccinated people... because they're unvaccinated.

Having previously had Covid most certainly does offer you protection. There have not been any reports of wide-spread re-infection and there are some studies that look at the protection from previous infection, here is one. With that said, it is recommended that people who have had prior infection should still get the vaccine.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Neither does taking the vaccine.

I've heard that if you're vaccinated you're less likely to transmit it, but I'd just like to know exactly how that works? I'm not a scientist but I've had my share of biology and I'm fairly confident that's not how it works!

Okay, let me ask you something. In which of these scenarios do you think one is more likely to transmit Covid to others?

-Vaccinated with no mask
-Unvaccinated with a mask

There have a been a number of studies that have shown that vaccinated people are less likely to transmit the virus. For example the study below showed that when vaccinated people are exposed to the virus they end up with a much smaller viral load, so are less infectious.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Having previously had Covid most certainly does offer you protection. There have not been any reports of wide-spread re-infection and there are some studies that look at the protection from previous infection, here is one. With that said, it is recommended that people who have had prior infection should still get the vaccine.

This is dangerous…and I give you the respect of “not being one of them”…

I hear daily “I’ve had it…so I can’t get it”

which is a tact taken by exactly ZERO medical advisors these days.

it provides some protection…but how much and more importantly how long is not established.

plan A: vaccines…everybody
Plan B: not needed…plan a is correct

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This is dangerous…and I give you the respect of “not being one of them”…

it provides some protection…but how much and more importantly how long is not established.

plan A: vaccines…everybody
Plan B: not needed…plan a is correct

I don't see it as dangerous at all. I made it very clear that it is still recommended that people who have been infected should get vaccinated anyway. It is just inaccurate to say that prior infection provides no protection, if that were true, then some who get COVID would never get better. You get better because your immune system fights it off and you get some level of immunity from it.

You are correct that we don't know how long it will last, but we don't know that for the vaccines either.

correcaminos

I don't see it as dangerous at all. I made it very clear that it is still recommended that people who have been infected should get vaccinated anyway. It is just inaccurate to say that prior infection provides no protection, if that were true, then some who get COVID would never get better. You get better because your immune system fights it off and you get some level of immunity from it.

You are correct that we don't know how long it will last, but we don't know that for the vaccines either.
At least the latter of the 2 is being tested and followed. The former is a little harder to follow without proper studies.

Also it seems that those vaccinated with previous covid have really good immunity from the virus now. So all the more reason to get it m

danlb_2000

Premium Member
At least the latter of the 2 is being tested and followed. The former is a little harder to follow without proper studies.

Also it seems that those vaccinated with previous covid have really good immunity from the virus now. So all the more reason to get it m

I agree that getting the vaccine is the best option. The OP that started this seemed to indicate a mild case which is even more reason to get the vaccine since there has some indication that people with milder cases have less protection.

Trauma

I’m not suggesting anyone do this or that it’s a good idea. I’m just wondering how it works.

I’m fully vaxed with Moderna.

If I had a small exposure to delta where I was infected and my body had to fight it off, but I have no symptoms.

Does that improve my immune responses to a larger viral load in the future ?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The best way to not slide down the slippery slope is to not put your toes over the edge

Otterhead

That's the attitude that worries me most. Especially since Fox/Newsmax has been telling people "It's no worse than a mild cold," which leads some folks who get mild colds to think "It was probably Covid! No big deal! Must be immune now!" which is never going to end well.

durangojim

It's also a solidly old community. Most of them got the shot before they became a subject we do not talk about here

I think that in the older age groups, risk assessment trumps political beliefs (no pun intended).
This is exactly my experience. My practice is in one of, if not the most, Republican/Trump loving counties in Michigan and many of my patients fall into that demographic. However the majority of my patients 65 and older have received both vaccines (85-90%) regardless of their politics. They’re afraid of the virus plain and simple and the fear of dying trumps politics for them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's the attitude that worries me most. Especially since Fox/Newsmax has been telling people "It's no worse than a mild cold," which leads some folks who get mild colds to think "It was probably Covid! No big deal! Must be immune now!" which is never going to end well.
No comment

(it’s obvious…it’s been said…it won’t matter)

Epcotbob

It has a 95% rate of protection, which makes it one of the most effective vaccines ever created.
Having previously had Covid offers you... no protection.

Vaccinated people without a mask are less likely to transmit the virus than unvaccinated people... because they're unvaccinated.
B.S. Alert….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom