News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figgy1

Premium Member
People think I'm joking but I might do it this winter since they kept me toastier. We'll have our pile of disposable that I likely will donate somewhere. We actually don't go out when sick so not likely to use. Didn't help with allergies either so not really something I need. But the reusable ones I'll keep just in case, but likely not to use often.
Sorry to hear they didn't help with your allergies. My 3 layer one is a miracle worker

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Perhaps the next time you are coughing, sneezing, and feeling yucky but still need to go out, you can put one on. Or if you are visiting someone who feels that way. Or when around someone who has a weak immune system - perhaps in the hospital or in a nursing home? Not wear them all the time, but consider doing so under specific situations.

I hope that people will be more aware about how they can do little things to prevent the spread of illnesses going forward, including protecting themselves and continue to mask - when appropriate - along with more frequent handwashing, etc. I know that I will keep a mask and wipes handy for the next time I'm stuck near someone who is coughing and sneezing. ;)
Once COVID is all over, if I ever encounter someone without a mask in public with signs of a cold, I'm going to give them an unbroken glare as I slowly reach into my pocket, pull out a mask, and slowly put it on. I'll keep the death gaze on them for another full 10 seconds before moving on.

correcaminos

Sorry to hear they didn't help with your allergies. My 3 layer one is a miracle worker
I think it's because the pollen gets in my eyes so it doesn't help that at all. Lately I've had one eye with a piece that flew in kind of making that side "inflamed" and unhappy. It's okay, the white stuff will stop floating and it'll be good. Didn't help with the fall mold last year either. I've tried a whole bunch too. Just not lucky with that I guess.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think it's because the pollen gets in my eyes so it doesn't help that at all. Lately I've had one eye with a piece that flew in kind of making that side "inflamed" and unhappy. It's okay, the white stuff will stop floating and it'll be good. Didn't help with the fall mold last year either. I've tried a whole bunch too. Just not lucky with that I guess.
My personal experience as a possible help to your situation:

My anti-histamine of choice is chlorpheniramine. It's one of the least drowsy inducing antihistamines of its class (I take it with a caffeine pill, anyway... I don't drink coffee). It seems to work within 10-30 minutes of ingestion.

Visine has 'allergy eye drops' with chlorpheniramine called "Visine-A", and it works wonders in washing out the eyes, lubricating them, getting the red out, and stopping allergic eye reactions. Most drug stores have a generic version if you compare ingredients. I don't go anywhere without Visine-A in my arsenal.

Chlorpheniramine plus caffeine plus an analgesic (aspiring, ibuprofen, naproxen -- I rotate them) also is an effective anti-migraine cocktail for me.

[IANAD, YMMV, read the contraindications on the package.]

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Once COVID is all over, if I ever encounter someone without a mask in public with signs of a cold, I'm going to give them an unbroken glare as I slowly reach into my pocket, pull out a mask, and slowly put it on. I'll keep the death gaze on them for another full 10 seconds before moving on.
What if they don't look down and see you ?
Even for a penguin your kinda short 😉

Lilofan

Perhaps the next time you are coughing, sneezing, and feeling yucky but still need to go out, you can put one on. Or if you are visiting someone who feels that way. Or when around someone who has a weak immune system - perhaps in the hospital or in a nursing home? Not wear them all the time, but consider doing so under specific situations.

I hope that people will be more aware about how they can do little things to prevent the spread of illnesses going forward, including protecting themselves and continue to mask - when appropriate - along with more frequent handwashing, etc. I know that I will keep a mask and wipes handy for the next time I'm stuck near someone who is coughing and sneezing. ;)
I think the next time I visit NYC, a packed WDW bus etc , and I am feel like a sardine in a tin can ( riding the NYC subway ) I will wear a mask. One doesn't just come in contact with the germ particles but one may get sprayed it in their face. I've been vaccinated with Moderna in Jan/Feb and I choose to still wear a mask regardless of it is a mandate or not.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Swim goggles;) Not just for onions any more:joyfull:

correcaminos

My personal experience as a possible help to your situation:

My anti-histamine of choice is chlorpheniramine. It's one of the least drowsy inducing antihistamines of its class (I take it with a caffeine pill, anyway... I don't drink coffee). It seems to work within 10-30 minutes of ingestion.

Visine has 'allergy eye drops' with chlorpheniramine called "Visine-A", and it works wonders in washing out the eyes, lubricating them, getting the red out, and stopping allergic eye reactions. Most drug stores have a generic version if you compare ingredients. I don't go anywhere without Visine-A in my arsenal.

Chlorpheniramine plus caffeine plus an analgesic (aspiring, ibuprofen, naproxen -- I rotate them) also is an effective anti-migraine cocktail for me.

[IANAD, YMMV, read the contraindications on the package.]
I actually have some because my cat has allergies and we tried it for her. Upset her stomach so she's on a new one now. It works okay with nasal issues for me. Nothing for itchy eyes. Drops and zyrtec work best with nasal sprays now and then. I've dealt with it for years though. In the spring the white cotton wood stuff bugs me but really it's bulb flowers. Much like onion it's a different kind of allergy than seasonal. I'm good with what I have but was simply saying masks didn't help like some. Likely due to the bulb flowers being more than average for some, some flowers will give me hives so not your typical allergy here.

Gillyanne

Swim goggles;) Not just for onions any more:joyfull:

I have a pair of prescription goggles in my cart from an eyeglass site as we speak. When I cut the grass I try to mask up, lately it's been a lil dusty too so I'm ready for some safety goggles too, since I wear glasses that can be a pain (literal on my ears) so the $40 for some may be worth it

Jlwise2021

This looks really good here! Curious if Mayor Demings will announce something next week because if the percentages stay this good until mid next week, I don’t see how he can wait until June 2nd when the county has clearly met the Phase 3 criteria.
3BB34A91-FB26-4BB1-9A3C-AE1A5A6442D9.jpeg

ToTBellHop

This looks really good here! Curious if Mayor Demings will announce something next week because if the percentages stay this good until mid next week, I don’t see how he can wait until June 2nd when the county has clearly met the Phase 3 criteria.
View attachment 559150
I think it’s perfectly reasonable to say “let’s wait until after Memorial Day Weekend”.

disneygeek90

In all honestly though.....the effects from Memorial Day won’t be know until closer to the middle of June. So I agree what’s the point in waiting until the 2nd?
It's about lowering the risk of Memorial Day spread. We can either have no masks all Memorial Day weekend or keep restrictions in place through it and ride it out. I suspect Demings would prefer the latter.

ToTBellHop

It's about lowering the risk of Memorial Day spread. We can either have no masks all Memorial Day weekend or keep restrictions in place through it and ride it out. I suspect Demings would prefer the latter.
I would imagine the same. While there will always be another holiday to worry about (and I don’t think he can say, “let’s wait until July 5“), he genuinely wants to save lives, I think. Another week and a half is not too much to ask of people.

Jlwise2021

Haven’t been to the parks yet since mask relaxation but I’m currently at Disney springs and it seems that people aren’t remembering to put their masks on before entering stores and are a little disgruntled to do so
And the Orange County 14 day rolling average is definitely under 5%, so maybe folks are wondering why Demings hasn’t moved to Phase 3. Even with his exclusion of rapid tests, the county hit the 14 day under 5% last week. It’s well under 5%, and has been under, when you include all tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom