News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Ariel

I say we wear Seatbelts everywhere. Driving. Walking. Sleeping. I mean... its not that big of a inconvenience... right?

Wow. Your take is pretty ignorant. But have fun with that.

Imagine thinking that when children have only seen strangers masked and socially distanced.. that it doesn't affect their development at a very important stage of their life. I'll make sure to let her know that Tony the Tigger said they can simply see different faces later!

I'm sure also their lack of interaction with children their age hasn't caused issues either... right? They can just play later.
What exactly do you think the removal of mitigation measures does for children who are high risk and don’t yet have access to a vaccine?

oh, right - that’s different.

Nickp1983

What exactly do you think the removal of mitigation measures does for children who are high risk and don’t yet have access to a vaccine?

oh, right - that’s different.
First. We are talking outside masks.
Second. If your children are HIGH RISK. Going to a theme park shouldn't be anywhere on your lisk until they get the vaccine or it's over.

Oh right... thats being an adult and mitigating the risks yourself.

When my wife had cancer and was dealing with treatments. Disney was the last place on our mind because of the danger to her health. Again. Adulting.

If you need anymore advice. I also do taxes.

Angel Ariel

First. We are talking outside masks.
Second. If your children are HIGH RISK. Going to a theme park shouldn't be anywhere on your lisk until they get the vaccine or it's over.

Oh right... thats being an adult and mitigating the risks yourself.

When my wife had cancer and was dealing with treatments. Disney was the last place on our mind because of the danger to her health. Again. Adulting.

If you need anymore advice. I also do taxes.
Again - I am not talking about a theme park. All indoor mask mandates have been removed in my area. This is an issue for all of our daily life now.

We aren’t going to Disney until she is vaccinated. But, I said that already, but obviously that was missed. I am, and have been, adulting. Thanks much.

Nickp1983

Again - I am not talking about a theme park. All mask mandates have been removed in my area. This is an issue for all of our daily life now.

We aren’t going to Disney until she is vaccinated. But, I said that already, but obviously that was missed. I am, and have been, adulting. Thanks much.
Then why are you talking about them in a WDW board? Here's an adult tip. Places that don't have mask mandates won't have signs on the door. Take your business elsewhere.

My son has asthma. We won't go to those places until 2 weeks after his second shot. I don't complain about it. I just do it. That's being an adult.

Angel Ariel

Then why are you talking about them in a WDW board? Here's an adult tip. Places that don't have mask mandates won't have signs on the door. Take your business elsewhere.

My son has asthma. We won't go to those places until 2 weeks after his second shot. I don't complain about it. I just do it. That's being an adult.
I’m not sure what the reading comprehension I issue is - but my entire state removed mask mandates effective today.

yes, of course I will choose to continue to give business to those business that choose to maintain one. That’s so obvious I didn’t really think it needed to be said. My faith in humanity that the number of those businesses will remain high is very small, based on how the last year has been.

thanks so much for the adult tips, but as I said, I am and have been adulting just fine throughout the pandemic. We will continue to keep her safe. That doesn’t make her immune to the same developmental concerns and mental health impacts of all other kids. It’s actually a bit harder for her, as she is minimally speaking. her school counselors have not even acknowledged our multiple requests for assistance, even after going to the principal, and finding private providers to help her is incredibly difficult because they don’t have experience with children with complex communication needs. But please, lecture me more on adulting.

Chi84

Premium Member
Again - I am not talking about a theme park. All indoor mask mandates have been removed in my area. This is an issue for all of our daily life now.

Well the thread is about relaxing mask requirements at WDW. And the site is WDWMAGIC, so people should be forgiven for presuming you are talking about Walt Disney World.

CaptainAmerica

I've always been of the opinion that FP were useful for peak. Christmas-New Years, the three day weekends, Spring Break. Outside of that - I don't think anybody has a problem waiting in a 30-40 minute lines - if you don't have to pre-plan the entire day
Tons of people still pre-planned their days.

Angel Ariel

Well the thread is about relaxing mask requirements at WDW. And the site is WDWMAGIC, so people should be forgiven for presuming you are talking about Walt Disney World.
I had already been participating in this thread earlier today making it clear this was an issue beyond WDW for us now.

MrConbon

From what I have already seen on a live YouTube Vlog this morning people are not wearing masks in the outdoor queues and cast members don't care. It's over! All the Karens need to get over it already!
It’s not that they don’t care. They just don’t have enough cast members to monitor the outside of a queue and babysit the people who are breaking the rules. Who’s the Karen? The people not following the rules of the private property?

Nickp1983

I’m not sure what the reading comprehension I issue is - but my entire state removed mask mandates effective today.

yes, of course I will choose to continue to give business to those business that choose to maintain one. That’s so obvious I didn’t really think it needed to be said. My faith in humanity that the number of those businesses will remain high is very small, based on how the last year has been.
Reading comprehension is fine thank you. You're just a bit all over the place. Regardless of your state regulations or mandates. It's still up to the business to decide if they will have a mask mandate. Target still does. I beelive Costco does as well. So you will have to do your research.
If it means you may have to shop at off hours if you can't find many stores that enforce the rule. That's going to be your issue. Or you may have to online shop.
Again. Not really sure what any of this has to do with WDW. But... it seems people want to go off in every other direction when it comes to covid.

Nickp1983

That's what I mean about people being all over the place. One person is talking about masks outside at Disney. Another is talking Kansas City not enforcing a mask mandate at a coffee shop on 5th and Main. It's a bit hard to fully keep up with all of it.

Angel Ariel

That's what I mean about people being all over the place. One person is talking about masks outside at Disney. Another is talking Kansas City not enforcing a mask mandate at a coffee shop on 5th and Main. It's a bit hard to fully keep up with all of it.
You made a statement about children’s development in relation to masks and isolation. I was responding to that, which I indicated pretty clearly with quoting and bolding it. That idea isn’t limited to WDW or any one place. Didn’t think it was out of bounds to respond to broad ideas that were brought up. 🤷‍♀️

disneygeek90

My summary today... it was weird.

I keep track of days I go to a park. I had been 97 days (Universal & Disney) since the covid reopening. 97 days of masks and distancing and being extra cautious of my surroundings. I was at Universal today about 6 hours.

To have it flipped on a dime... it was weird, refreshing, strange and comforting at the same time. It's been the first real sense of normalcy I've seen in over a year. I hadn't had today's feeling of this is so weird since I walked into City Walk on May 19 for the first time and I know I'll remember today just as clearly as I remember May 19. Sometimes it felt like I was breaking the rules and then I remembered those are the rules. On more than one occasion I almost grabbed to pull down my mask before taking a drink around the park. I had no mask on, but that's how automatic that motion had been to me.

Being fully vaccinated was a huge help in just overall reassurance, if this had happened two months ago I likely would have felt a lot different. Overall it's a welcoming change, made the weather a lot more tolerable, and most importantly is hopefully a giant leap in the right direction.

wishiwere@wdw

My summary today... it was weird.

I keep track of days I go to a park. I had been 97 days (Universal & Disney) since the covid reopening. 97 days of masks and distancing and being extra cautious of my surroundings. I was at Universal today about 6 hours.

To have it flipped on a dime... it was weird, refreshing, strange and comforting at the same time. It's been the first real sense of normalcy I've seen in over a year. I hadn't had today's feeling of this is so weird since I walked into City Walk on May 19 for the first time and I know I'll remember today just as clearly as I remember May 19. Sometimes it felt like I was breaking the rules and then I remembered those are the rules. On more than one occasion I almost grabbed to pull down my mask before taking a drink around the park. I had no mask on, but that's how automatic that motion had been to me.

Being fully vaccinated was a huge help in just overall reassurance, if this had happened two months ago I likely would have felt a lot different. Overall it's a welcoming change, made the weather a lot more tolerable, and most importantly is hopefully a giant leap in the right direction.
Thank you. Your post saved me a lot of typing as it’s exactly how we felt with similar experiences and emotions today lol. Even more strange is seeing Facebook memories pop up of the various reopening “steps” we took last year. Definitely surreal!! On this day last year we were entering city walk just to walk around! I still remember how odd it was seeing the American Express Action Starts Here screen after security turned off (it’s completely gone now)!

DisneyCane

Reading comprehension is fine thank you. You're just a bit all over the place. Regardless of your state regulations or mandates. It's still up to the business to decide if they will have a mask mandate. Target still does. I beelive Costco does as well. So you will have to do your research.
If it means you may have to shop at off hours if you can't find many stores that enforce the rule. That's going to be your issue. Or you may have to online shop.
Again. Not really sure what any of this has to do with WDW. But... it seems people want to go off in every other direction when it comes to covid.
Costco was among the first to drop the requirement which was unexpected because they were possibly the first to require masks last year.

tallica

Having actually worked in Sponsored Research at a Tier I Carnegie Research Institution, I can tell you that most studies are peer reviewed before publication. And being on the funding side of the equation, i.e., paying for that research, we insisted that ALL research conducted followed established QA/QC protocols. Certain federal agencies won't repay the institution until their researchers review the final product.

No responsible faculty member, especially one tenured, would risk their tenure or standing in their field of study to do such a thing. I threatened a university president with the revocation of tenure for one of his faculty members for not following appropriate research protocols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom