News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlwise2021

I take this as Disney will be dropping the outdoor mask mandate within the next week. They admitted how awful it is to wear one in the summer heat, they don’t want their CMs harassed bc of vaccinated folks saying they CDC said they can unmask, regardless of crowd size even. It’ll be FAR easier on them to just make it a recommendation, not a requirement. And folks that want to mask up can still do that.

Bob Harlem

Right and the CDC is lowering mask requirements for vaccinated people ONLY. Don’t hold your breath...

Chapek just a few minutes ago:
"In terms of the parks, and when we're going to sort of be able to raise our capacity limits, we've actually already started that, given the guidance that just came today, from the CDC, and earlier guidance that we got from the governor of Florida, we've already started to increase our capacities, those obviously today's guidance that we got from the CDC in terms of those that were vaccinated do not necessarily need to wear masks anymore, both outdoors and indoors. Is very big news for us, particularly if anybody's been in Florida in the middle of the summer with a mask on. That could be quite daunting. So we think that's going to make for an even more pleasant experience and we believe that as we're now bringing back a lot of people back to work, that it's going to be an even bigger catalyst for growth in attendance, and we've been quite pleased to date."

BaconPancakes

Chapek just a few minutes ago:
"In terms of the parks, and when we're going to sort of be able to raise our capacity limits, we've actually already started that, given the guidance that just came today, from the CDC, and earlier guidance that we got from the governor of Florida, we've already started to increase our capacities, those obviously today's guidance that we got from the CDC in terms of those that were vaccinated do not necessarily need to wear masks anymore, both outdoors and indoors. Is very big news for us, particularly if anybody's been in Florida in the middle of the summer with a mask on. That could be quite daunting. So we think that's going to make for an even more pleasant experience and we believe that as we're now bringing back a lot of people back to work, that it's going to be an even bigger catalyst for growth in attendance, and we've been quite pleased to date."
He literally mentioned nothing about unvaccinated people. Keep dreaming!

montyz81

I hear you. But Disney is ready to make more cash…
And I will spend more cash at Disney if they lower the mask mandate for vaccinated people. Most will. I bet by June 1, Disney will remove the requirement for masks for vaccinated people in outside areas. I bet they hold on to everyone indoors should wear a mask and in places that are close quarters (SDMT Queue for example). I thank that will be much more tolerable for most and it would help to spin the turnstiles a bit more. It would be a good-faith compromise for Disney. If I am walking around the Campsites and Fort Wilderness, why do I need to wear a mask?

ElvisMickey

And I will spend more cash at Disney if they lower the mask mandate for vaccinated people. Most will. I bet by June 1, Disney will remove the requirement for masks for vaccinated people in outside areas. I bet they hold on to everyone indoors should wear a mask and in places that are close quarters (SDMT Queue for example). I thank that will be much more tolerable for most and it would help to spin the turnstiles a bit more. It would be a good-faith compromise for Disney. If I am walking around the Campsites and Fort Wilderness, why do I need to wear a mask?
Same here! I live 30 miles away with an annual pass and have been less than 10 times over the last year and a half. Having to wear a mask definitely plays a part into that decision.

Parker in NYC

If I am walking around the Campsites and Fort Wilderness, why do I need to wear a mask?
Well, that I don’t understand. I’ve thought from day one that so long as you’re nowhere near anyone, a mask isn’t required. Again, my own independent assessment based entirely on nothing. If I’m out walking at night and I don’t see anyone for a city block (not Avenue of course), I’ve lowered my mask. And so have others. Disney should at least allow the campsites to do the same. Then again, I’ve only ever been to Trail’s End and Hoop de Doo, so I’m unfamiliar with the proximity of things.

tpac24

He literally mentioned nothing about unvaccinated people. Keep dreaming!
I am sorry but Disney is not going to have separate rules for separate groups and since they can't ask per FL law they wouldn't have a way of knowing. I think they drop the mandate and nonvaccinated people will be come at your own risk which won't bother them in the least.

montyz81

Isn’t it strange, but somehow when “we” say it, it just doesn’t have the same power!

Don’t like Mickey’s Runaway Railway? Don’t go.

Don’t want to wear masks? Don’t go. BUT MY RIGHTS.
I agree with that, it is a choice, but that would help Disney increase that $1b loss they just posted. I'm pretty sure they don't want to do that. Also, as the great oracle known as Dr. Fauci (sarcasm intended) said today on NBC News, the risk of infection if vaccinated is very low "https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/fa...ose-who-still-choose-to-wear-a-mask/19677251/" So why do I have to wear a mask if I am low risk to contract or spread the virus?

Disney will for sure follow the CDC and reduce the requirement for masks; I am betting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom