News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

UK Disney

Sir, this is America, where the people are free but nothing else is.
They pulled the free testing here a few weeks ago and folk were up in arms about it. Honestly you could order boxes of them each time and even more per household, they have been stockpiled by some people. We had fit young people testing themselves every day, especially in the run up towards xmas. Since the free testing ended the case rates has obviously plummeted but you can still report cases if you have the tests at home.

correcaminos

They pulled the free testing here a few weeks ago and folk were up in arms about it. Honestly you could order boxes of them each time and even more per household, they have been stockpiled by some people. We had fit young people testing themselves every day, especially in the run up towards xmas. Since the free testing ended the case rates has obviously plummeted but you can still report cases if you have the tests at home.
I could sometimes get them free from the library or school. Most of our tests were not. Usually $25 for 2

Plenty of people not wearing masks on Disney buses. I survived somehow. If the driver offered me a mask I took it. If not, no mask worn.
Plenty still follow rules too

Vegas Disney Fan

Starting to feel like masks are never going away on planes, not sure how it could get any better than this…

E156B55D-2D09-4F2E-8C37-2554E23A58E7.jpeg

If they are waiting for zero cases before dropping it they’re going to be waiting forever.

Tom P.

I've gone back and removed all of my posts from the last hour or so that weren't at least tangentially related to the WDW mask policy. Not because I am taking back anything I said. But because I realized that I should not go down the path of those conversations when the mods here have asked us repeatedly not to. So to @wdwmagic and @The Mom, I apologize. I will try to do better.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I've gone back and removed all of my posts from the last hour or so that weren't at least tangentially related to the WDW mask policy. Not because I am taking back anything I said. But because I realized that I should not go down the path of those conversations when the mods here have asked us repeatedly not to. So to @wdwmagic and @The Mom, I apologize. I will try to do better.
Use the general thread. :)

Incomudro

Perhaps a bit too broad of an assumption about mask wearing. 😊 I‘ve many friends who have been visiting WDW since it reopened and most continue to wear a mask (because the pandemic is not over). It has zero to do with their individual political beliefs, but rather because they feel safer wearing a mask. 😷 It is the same where I live (red southern state)…mask mandates are a thing of the past for now, but about 30% of people still wear a mask inside stores and restaurants. I respect whatever each person decides is right for them. 👍
When the powers that be spent two years scaring the bejeebus's out of people, you can bet some portion of the people would still be afraid.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Saying you intentionally plan to break the rules is even more rude.
Not really. When the share of spread of Covid on disney transportation and airplanes is statistically zero at this point, you’re just ing off people for no good reason. You’re putting an unnecessary burden on CMs. You’re putting an unnecessary burden on flight attendants. You’re harming the airline industry. You’re harming the travel industry. Hotels. For nothing. Will everything magically change in 14 days? Nope. So nah, at this point I have no issue with people not voluntarily putting on masks, especially when they have already come out and said they will put one on if asked. There is going to be more and more people jumping onto this mindset with every passing day.

DisneyCane

Depends on the day. We had some very serious monorail CMs at Epcot one day. I really get tired of people excusing those breaking rules.
When the rules are nonsensical then there needs to be resistance to them. At WDW, if they have a policy voluntarily I'll follow it without issue because it's their park and they can make the rules. When it is being forced upon them by a nonsensical federal mandate I won't make a scene but if I was to ride the monorail I wouldn't mask up until a CM told me to.

The justification for extending it two more weeks is to analyze to see if the uptick in cases leads to a significant increase in severe disease. The only problem with that logic is that the uptick is happening WITH the transportation mandate in place. Therefore, people being unmasked on transportation is not contributing to the uptick at all currently and will have nothing to do with any increase in severe disease over the next two weeks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When the rules are nonsensical then there needs to be resistance to them. At WDW, if they have a policy voluntarily I'll follow it without issue because it's their park and they can make the rules. When it is being forced upon them by a nonsensical federal mandate I won't make a scene but if I was to ride the monorail I wouldn't mask up until a CM told me to.

By doing this you are making CM's job harder. This rule is not their choice, but they have to enforce it. If you really don't like the rule, address it directly to management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom