News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Says who?
Probably not…but there’s another thing out there nobody here wants to talk about…

the rest of the world still has a lot of this…and a new variant could change it all over again.

we don’t restrict our borders…cause money…so it’s still a possibility.

not sure there’s ever gonna be a big “finished” sign flashing over the US. I hope their work on vaccines and therapeutics continues for some time to come. May need it

I have always just lurked here and looked for information I could use without signing up. This topic has got me to finally sign up and participate because it is very important to me. I am sick of masking, period!

I am fully vaccinated, as is most of my family. My 2 Kids are not vaxxed yet, and I am in no rush to get them vaccinated right away. The risk of my children having an issue with Covid is minuscule, and being that my wife had it early on there is little chance my kids didn't have it. (they had symptoms, but testing was limited then)

What I'm not understanding is the animosity towards the unvaxxed.

1) Why should a vaccinated person care if someone else is vaccinated or not. The vaccine does not stop the spread of covid, period, If you are vaxxed, then you are protected. We need to move on.

Vegas Disney Fan

Says who?
Sadly this is how the mask debate feels, is there ever going to be a point that people will agree masks aren't needed? We are now at 80% of people over 12 vaccinated, if we can get 80% of the kids vaccinated we'll honestly be higher than I ever dreamed possible given how ridiculous the whole vaccination resistance has been.

It's starting to feel like even if 99% were vaccinated there's people who would still want masks indefinitely to protect the 1%.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have always just lurked here and looked for information I could use without signing up. This topic has got me to finally sign up and participate because it is very important to me. I am sick of masking, period!

I am fully vaccinated, as is most of my family. My 2 Kids are not vaxxed yet, and I am in no rush to get them vaccinated right away. The risk of my children having an issue with Covid is minuscule, and being that my wife had it early on there is little chance my kids didn't have it. (they had symptoms, but testing was limited then)

1) Why should a vaccinated person care if someone else is vaccinated or not. The vaccine does not stop the spread of covid, period, If you are vaxxed, then you are protected. We need to move on.

2) If we are supposed to be so mad at the unvaxxed, why aren't we as mad at the obese population? They have been the driver behind the wheel of the entire pandemic. Are they "irresponsible", and "betrayers" ? Based on the odds, I would guess that half the people commenting in this topic are very overweight or obese. I know nobody likes to discuss it, but it's true. If it weren't for the obese we would have far fewer deaths and hospitalizations, based on the studies probably something like 75% less. Instead of dealing with the issue we just say "shut up and put a mask on" , "And take this shot or else"
People need to look in the mirror, and make the necessary changes if they really want this to end for good.
…because “public health”…not “choice”

that’s simple…but really what this has all been about. We locked ourselves in because we had no medicine. Then we got medicine and people reject it for every half assed reason they could invent. That has affected everyone all this year.
If you want to know the “animosity”…look there.

welcome aboard 🛳

Casper Gutman

The vaccine does limit transmission - it makes you less likely to catch Covid and helps you get over it more quickly, both of which limit the opportunity for transmission.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trauma

2) If we are supposed to be so mad at the unvaxxed, why aren't we as mad at the obese population? They have been the driver behind the wheel of the entire pandemic. Are they "irresponsible", and "betrayers" ? Based on the odds, I would guess that half the people commenting in this topic are very overweight or obese. I know nobody likes to discuss it, but it's true. If it weren't for the obese we would have far fewer deaths and hospitalizations, based on the studies probably something like 75% less. Instead of dealing with the issue we just say "shut up and put a mask on" , "And take this shot or else"
People need to look in the mirror, and make the necessary changes if they really want this to end for good.
Ok so I’m the village idiot here but this was simple for me to figure out.

If I’m less likely to catch Covid I’m less likely to spread it.

*bows*

Wendy Pleakley

It’s fairly simple: unvaxxed people should wear masks and fully vaxxed people don’t really have to. But unvaxxed people can’t be trusted to be honest or to act for the good of the public (one of the most famous athletes in America proved that this week). And because we can’t distinguish between the vaxxed and unvaxxed, the only way to make sure the unvaxxed wear masks is for everyone to have to wear masks. This stinks, but anger shouldn’t be directed at those imposing the mask mandate but at those making it necessary.

Or better yet, vaccine passports for optional activities such as amusement parks.

I completely agree with almost all of this, with two notes.

We do have to consider the folks who, for medical reasons, really CANT get vaxxed - they’re really being unfairly impacted by the idiotic anti-vax nonsense.

I don’t think I have ever shown any reluctance on these boards to blame WDW for anything, but the mask situation really isn’t their fault. I’m more then happy to let them be cautious, even over-cautious, in a world where a lot of other powerful folks are willing to gamble with thousands of lives.

Finally, if the Pfizer pill works as well as it appears to, I think we can all take off the masks once and for all and move on to the next global disaster.

I would be cautious about putting too much faith in the Pfizer pill as a solution. From what I read it has to be taken within a couple of days of catching COVID, but COVID symptoms typically take around 5 days to show up.

It's a great resource for people who cannot get vaccinated, or as treatment in areas where vaccines are not available. It's not a substitute for getting vaccinated, which is what will ultimately end this.

Vegas Disney Fan

Or better yet, vaccine passports for optional activities such as amusement parks.

I would be cautious about putting too much faith in the Pfizer pill as a solution. From what I read it has to be taken within a couple of days of catching COVID, but COVID symptoms typically take around 5 days to show up.

It's a great resource for people who cannot get vaccinated, or as treatment in areas where vaccines are not available. It's not a substitute for getting vaccinated, which is what will ultimately end this.

A vaccine passport would be ideal for a place like Disney but with how political the concept is I don’t think it’ll ever happen.

The Pfizer pill is very intriguing to me, I’ve been vaccinated since April but I’d keep it in my medicine cabinet just in case. It would be nice to be able to pop a pill at the first sign of potential illness, although I’d have to make sure it isn’t addictive because I tend to think everything is now a sign of potential Covid. Headache… Covid? Sore throat… Covid? Runny nose… Covid? I’ve become a bit of a Covid hypochondriac.

Angel Ariel

Substantial = 50-99.99 New cases per 100,000 persons in the past 7 days according to the CDC definition

50/100,000 = 0.0005

0.0005 x 100 = .05

It's 0.05% of the population testing positive over the past 7 days that the CDC ridiculously considers "substantial" community transmission.
Let’s put this in perspective. We get countywide notifications for literally 1 positive case of measles, with full listings of where the public may have been exposed, so people are aware and can help the dept of health contact trace and ensure measles don’t spread. 1 case. For a disease most are vaccinated for, as it is a mandated vaccine for schools.

So, no, it doesn’t surprise me what public health experts consider substantial transmission is different than what the general public would consider.

sullyinMT

I’m not a doctor. But I think the deal of this…as opposed to other viral outbreaks…is it really does wreck people that get a serious case. NOT the flu.

it’s a painful and agonizing way to go. The media has not done a great job of showing that. They interview widows and parents for sob stories. Honestly…should have run the cameras into the hospitals and shown the actual problem. They can’t for privacy…of course…but I’m told by those that have worked in the medical field that the severity was never displayed properly.
As to the showcasing just how severe COVID can be, and what an overstretched health system looks like (which every HHS region has seen at some point to a very near degree):

I wonder if they have footage of ID hospitals making care rationing decisions just about a month ago, some 16 months later and with a safe and effective vaccine being rejected all around those brave healthcare heroes.

Angel Ariel

How do you know the vaccines limit transmission? I have not seen this study yet?

“A recent study found that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant are 63 per cent less likely to infect people who are unvaccinated.”

(link to the original source in the article here)

From later in the same article:

“What is important to realise, de Gier says, is that the full effect of vaccines on reducing transmission is even higher than 63 per cent, because most vaccinated people don’t become infected in the first place.”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The vaccine does limit transmission - it makes you less likely to catch Covid and helps you get over it more quickly, both of which limit the opportunity for transmission.

So prolly best that everyone just gets it…regardless of their “opinions”, huh?
For the record, I’m all about following current CDC guidelines.
So that means don’t do the common sense thing? Which right now is probably still the masks indoors for the time being.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let’s put this in perspective. We get countywide notifications for literally 1 positive case of measles, with full listings of where the public may have been exposed, so people are aware and can help the dept of health contact trace and ensure measles don’t spread. 1 case. For a disease most are vaccinated for, as it is a mandated vaccine for schools.

So, no, it doesn’t surprise me what public health experts consider substantial transmission is different than what the general public would consider.
But have they properly considered what amusement park visitors want?

…that is the fundamental stupidity of this thread. This isn’t about schools or workplaces.

“A recent study found that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant are 63 per cent less likely to infect people who are unvaccinated.”

(link to the original source in the article here)

From later in the same article:

“What is important to realise, de Gier says, is that the full effect of vaccines on reducing transmission is even higher than 63 per cent, because most vaccinated people don’t become infected in the first place.”
This is great news, so we can ditch the masks now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom