News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disstevefan1

The issue is this is NOT an argument. The precautions have been proven to be effective in providing some protection since day one.

but that “argument” is for a school or a place of work or someplace providing necessities

it has ZERO to do with an amusement park…unless you work there. So I’ll kindly hear from those doning the name tags…not those stomping their feet.

does is suck more for some than others? It does. Like a wedding…or the one off traveler. Very frustrating and disappointing…for them.

the two main pro/antagonists on here? No…it doesn’t suck more for you. Like me. Spoiled. So perhaps it’s just best to wait for Disney to do what they want? Because they are going to no matter what you say…post…email or call pest relations. You’ll have no say. You have little…if any…in reality for a long time. But you’ll pay them anyway…my rather strong “hunch”

just tell the people you know to get the shot…ignore the con men spinning nonsense…and keep your distance as the weather turns. Maybe we can stop debating masks? Not gonna be a “triumph” of the will…it will be mama nature getting bored and moving on to wrecking places with insane weather. Bright side 👍🏻

and then people will show back up en masse…it will a crowded hell…and everyone can “one up” each other again by trying to pay Disney more and more to “outsmart” the crowds the Bobs have created on purpose for Wall Street…

In my opinion, this holiday season, people will show back up en masse…it will a crowded hell in WDW regardless.

Lets see what happens.

dreday3

I don't know why everyone keeps saying it's not crowded - Felt pretty crowded while we were there.
Not shoulder to shoulder but definitely a lot of people. It was manageable, but certainly not empty.

And I'm not one to normally say it's crowded, usually I'm the annoying one saying "we didn't think it was crowded" when everyone else is complaining. :D

Last edited:

Trauma

I don't know why everyone keeps saying it's not crowded - Felt pretty crowded while we were there.
Not shoulder to shoulder but definitely a lot of people. It was manageable, but certainly not empty.

And I'm not one to normally say it's crowded, usually I'm the annoying saying "we didn't think it was crowded" when everyone else is complaining. :D
Maybe it’s something that’s happening perceptually. We have been conditioned to avoid crowds and for good reason.

I had a similar experience.

I was there on crowd level 1 days and was looking around like holy crap this is crowded.

Mark52479

In my opinion, this holiday season, people will show back up en masse…it will a crowded hell in WDW regardless.

Lets see what happens.
U can tell just from the trip reports and videos on youtube the holiday crowds are starting to show up

Looks very very crowded and I expect it to get much worse the next 2 months.

They have raised capacity so its going to start feeling more like pre covid.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

And I'm not one to normally say it's crowded, usually I'm the annoying one saying "we didn't think it was crowded" when everyone else is complaining. :D
They are still way down…many rooms on property still not occupied…to say nothing of off…

they are also (I would guess) significantly down from what they PROJECTED to be. Remember: the “50th” was a license to print money at any price they wanted…
…and that’s not playing too well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
U can tell just from the trip reports and videos on youtube the holiday crowds are starting to show up

Looks very very crowded and I expect it to get much worse the next 2 months.

They have raised capacity so its going to start feeling more like pre covid.
I would expect a bump after 1/1…because people would have started planning more since Labor Day and that is probably intensifying…

but it takes time. It’s not kennywood…not a local clientele…
Takes time to get on a plane and get to the place for 5-10 days…

dreday3

They are still way down…many rooms on property still not occupied…to say nothing of off…

they are also (I would guess) significantly down from what they PROJECTED to be. Remember: the “50th” was a license to print money at any price they wanted…

Then it must be a lot of day guests? Because someone was at the parks when we were there. 😂 We've gone to October a few times in the past decade, this year definitely felt more crowded than those years.

Maybe it's the heat...very unexpectedly humid while we were there, perhaps that made it feel more crowded.

Mark52479

Hotels are pretty booked. scattered 1 and 2 night rooms available here and there.

DVC is completely booked through Feb.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then it must be a lot of day guests? Because someone was at the parks when we were there. 😂
Nobody said there was nobody there. I’m saying the “it sure was crowded” is a perception that is not necessarily in agreement with what they have going on…they are still not at full operation, let alone full capacity

two questions:
1. When were you there?
2. How long since your last visit?

Mark52479

Nobody said there was nobody there. I’m saying the “it sure was crowded” is a perception that is not necessarily in agreement with what they have going on…they are still not at full operation, let alone full capacity

two questions:
1. When were you there?
I was there 3 days ago. It was crowded and I go very often. Once a month at least.

NOW.....it is marathon weekend so that could have had something to do with it also.

dreday3

two questions:
1. When were you there?

10/20-10/29. Felt like more people than the previous years
2017 - same timeframe (everyone said it was so crowded - we didn't think so)
2014 - same timeframe (everyone said it was so crowded - we didn't think so ;) )

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hotels are pretty booked. scattered 1 and 2 night rooms available here and there.

DVC is completely booked through Feb.
Their full inventory is not being sold…that doesn’t mean the hotels are totally full. They have increase rack out of low occupancy conditions and continue to do so. So it will get there…but it isn’t their yet.

DVC is sold to about 700,000 people - give or take - on 50 year contracts. It’s a 3 year cycle to use or lose and they put restrictions in on what could be used 20 months ago. That’s a backlog.

also…on property is a good chunk…there are at last count (pre-plague) about 500 hotels outside the bubble…built since 1970 mostly to feed that bubble. Don’t think they’re “back” yet.

this is all old stuff. The facts of wdw and Orlando are the facts…not a personal opinion of the crowd level.

it is and will get busier…next year will suck. Most likely.

mikejs78

Premium Member

They're smoking something then. They aren't offering any discounts and their "50th" is a joke. Wouldn't have taken much more to make the 50th actually appealing to people - they needed to spend a little more money to make a lot more money but they didn't do it.

Then it must be a lot of day guests? Because someone was at the parks when we were there. 😂 We've gone to October a few times in the past decade, this year definitely felt more crowded than those years.

Maybe it's the heat...very unexpectedly humid while we were there, perhaps that made it feel more crowded.

Objectively speaking, it's less crowded than in past October's. Touring plans shows actual crowd levels of one two and three, whereas in the past we were in the five to eight range at this time of year.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was there 3 days ago. It was crowded and I go very often. Once a month at least.

NOW.....it is marathon weekend so that could have had something to do with it also.
Marathon is on Jan 8

it was Jersey week…ton of DVC on my street and every other town In this shangri-la (3 in my immediate family)

they’re there and it stinks. It used to be nice…we ruined it 😎

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I believe it was Jersey week as well which is traditionally quite crowded.
Yep…DVC points weren’t staying away…and even the rack would have been booked last summer (before delta) to use the week…
And food and wine ending (locals)…And I believe a run Disney event?…and Halloween last week…”Christmas” the next day…

and on and on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom