Status
Not open for further replies.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Paywalled.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member

Interesting that AdventHealth thinks cases have peaked and it’s the beginning of a downward curve. It’s good to know they expect to resume outpatient surgeries soon.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Interesting that AdventHealth thinks cases have peaked and it’s the beginning of a downward curve. It’s good to know they expect to resume outpatient surgeries soon.
I’m always weary of those predictions, because if this ordeal has taught us anything it’s that things can change quickly, but I have seen multiple scientists and health professionals state something similar about cases here “peaking.” I hope they’re right, but the next 7-10 days will tell.

TehPuddingMan

The teacher was symptomatic for two days before the class. All of the children were wearing masks. Would they have gotten it had the teacher worn a mask? Impossible to say.

All of the children who caught it had mild or no symptoms.

Figgy1

Just get a library card. Most libraries provide the NYTimes online for free. It's worth the trip to the library or the library website (for a digital only membership).
That isn't true for our members in all places. Those on the other side of the pond and some here in more rural communities

donsullivan

Premium Member
More and more merchants around central FL are restoring their mask mandates. I was in Lowes this morning and they have put the signs back up that masks are mandatory, regardless of vaccination status. This is becoming much more common now as things continue to be worse in FL right now than they were at any time during the pandemic since it started in early 2020. Hospitalization and death rates are the highest they’ve ever been right now.

And many more school systems are expected to make masks mandatory in the coming days as well now that the governors ban has been struck down.

And combine that with DCL now requiring vaccination in defiance of state law (because it’s the right thing to do) and you get an indication you should not expect mask requirements at WDW to be reduced any time soon.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Please stop posting paywall articles. Not all of us have things on our devices to circumvent these .
They're free to view because the NYT made (most of) their Coronavirus articles available to all people as a public service. You just need to register. You can use a fake/temp email.

Other NYT articles I post are not paywalled because subscribers can post 10 unpaywalled articles a month.

Chi84

Premium Member
More and more merchants around central FL are restoring their mask mandates. I was in Lowes this morning and they have put the signs back up that masks are mandatory, regardless of vaccination status. This is becoming much more common now as things continue to be worse in FL right now than they were at any time during the pandemic since it started in early 2020. Hospitalization and death rates are the highest they’ve ever been right now.

And many more school systems are expected to make masks mandatory in the coming days as well now that the governors ban has been struck down.

And combine that with DCL now requiring vaccination in defiance of state law (because it’s the right thing to do) and you get an indication you should not expect mask requirements at WDW to be reduced any time soon.
Didn't they just reduce their mask requirements on outside lines and theaters? Or was that just a clarification of the requirements? I seem to remember it was around two weeks ago - they originally went beyond the Orange County request and required masks in outdoor lines and on rides, etc., then reduced the requirement to only indoors.

nickys

Premium Member
They're free to view because the NYT made (most of) their Coronavirus articles available to all people as a public service. You just need to register. You can use a fake/temp email.

Other NYT articles I post are not paywalled because subscribers can post 10 unpaywalled articles a month.
You may also need a VPN though because they wouldn’t allow me to register. The data protection laws over here are so much stricter, and firms are worried about violating the GDPR laws.

And yes, I know the U.K. isn’t in the EU anymore but GDPR is enshrined in U.K. law too. So free or not, all their articles are blocked for me (and I assume many others).

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Pretty hysterical that restrictions come back AFTER the peak.

Logical: No restrictions at all.
Logical: Constant restrictions.
Logical: Restrictions on the upswing.
Incoherent: Restrictions only after the peak.

Last edited:

King Panda 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You may also need a VPN though because they wouldn’t allow me to register. The data protection laws over here are so much stricter, and firms are worried about violating the GDPR laws.

And yes, I know the U.K. isn’t in the EU anymore but GDPR is enshrined in U.K. law too. So free or not, all their articles are blocked for me (and I assume many others).
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So that Caleb guy attempted to self-medicate his Covid with zinc, Vit D, and ivermectin, but it didn't work. Color me shocked that the "best cure ever" failed. (sarcasm)
But ivermectin isn't fully authorized by the FDA for use in treating COVID.

I thought that people didn't want to use untested medicines like a vaccine that only has Emergency Use Authorization?

<also dreadful sarcasm>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom