News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

celluloid

I will bet anyone $10,000 that all masks will be gone from Walt Disney World on or before August 17, 2023.

I take that bet. And I hope you have the money. I will even take it in installments of 1,000 dollars a month.
I know that I have already won the bet as many people will still voluntarily wear them. Also Boo Bash is going to have a lot of kiddos at the very least wearing masks.

I am excited for your money!

Lilofan

I will bet anyone $10,000 that all masks will be gone from Walt Disney World on or before August 17, 2023.
I think what you meant is all the masks will be gone ( sold ) because of their discount to get them off the shelves? One place that I'm impressed that 100% are wearing it properly from where I have seen lately was at MCO ( Orlando International ).

seascape

I don't get the problem with requiring park reservations and limiting capacity. There were so many proeple here who said Disney should keep prices down and limit capacity to enter the park. Disney is keeping people out just as you wanted. Now you want Disney to stop limiting capacity and let you in. Just seems like what you really want is for Disney to let you in but keep others out and not charge you extra for your benefit.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I don't get the problem with requiring park reservations and limiting capacity. There were so many proeple here who said Disney should keep prices down and limit capacity to enter the park. Disney is keeping people out just as you wanted. Now you want Disney to stop limiting capacity and let you in. Just seems like what you really want is for Disney to let you in but keep others out and not charge you extra for your benefit.
yeah, that and complain that Disney charges too much, but in another thread complain that Disney does not pay high enough wages to CMs...

drizgirl

Probably not the same people.

And using park reservations does not equate to limiting capacity. It does now. But it won't necessarily down the road.

DisneyCane

Probably not the same people.

And using park reservations does not equate to limiting capacity. It does now. But it won't necessarily down the road.
It always limits the capacity, it's just a question of if the limit is below what the attendance would have been without it. Even if they raise the limits to the maximum, it essentially creates a phased closing with the better guest experience of knowing in advance that you can't get in.

Disney Glimpses

It always limits the capacity, it's just a question of if the limit is below what the attendance would have been without it. Even if they raise the limits to the maximum, it essentially creates a phased closing with the better guest experience of knowing in advance that you can't get in.
I still think the system is ultimately retired.

They have decades of data regarding how people use their parks as well as what the distribution of hotels guests are in their parks. There truly is little to no benefit to them knowing ahead of time who is going to one of four parks. This is absolutely not why they are keeping it around.

The only way it stays is if they decided to use it as a tool to shoehorn lower priority/low spend guests (non-resort guests, possibly Gold APs) into parks with less people, but that would be unprecedented. In that scenario it's likely that resort guests and high tier APs become exempt from the system altogether.

The system also heavily complicates in park reservations and goes against the problem they are trying to solve which is the notion that you need a year to plan a WDW vacation.

Anyways, we'll see.

MagicHappens1971

I'm a little confused about what their long term plans are, because Josh D'Amaro & Bob Chapek have made it almost crystal clear that they intend (or intended) to keep the Park Pass system for the foreseeable future. While I can see the upsides, as other people have mentioned, after 50 years of running the resort, as well as the copious amounts of information collected thru MagicBands and several other tracking methods; they have a very clear idea of who is coming to the parks and how much staff they need. I'm sure its an approximate number with the variable +/- of guests per day, but this system can't be sustainable long term, at least in my opinion. As others have mentioned, we may never get back to pre-Covid numbers for capacity, but even so, for days like Christmas Eve/Day, Thanksgiving, NYE and other very high traffic days, the guest relations line will be wrapped around the park with complaints. Which is understandable, of course they can always manage/limit capacity, but having to stress about getting a park pass for the right day makes it even harder to plan a WDW vacation, especially with the imminent return of some type of FP system. You'd need to book a ticket for a specific day, then make a reservation for a specific day, book your fastpasses for said days, book dining reservations, etc. All in the variable 180 day - 60 day prior period. There will be some type of consolidation, which I'm assuming is what Genie will become. Something like after you buy your tickets, you can pick the days for the parks and it an auto-populate FP+ suggestions, dining reservations etc, but something has to give. This post wound up being way longer than I intended but I digress

Disney Glimpses

I'm a little confused about what their long term plans are, because Josh D'Amaro & Bob Chapek have made it almost crystal clear that they intend (or intended) to keep the Park Pass system for the foreseeable future. While I can see the upsides, as other people have mentioned, after 50 years of running the resort, as well as the copious amounts of information collected thru MagicBands and several other tracking methods; they have a very clear idea of who is coming to the parks and how much staff they need. I'm sure its an approximate number with the variable +/- of guests per day, but this system can't be sustainable long term, at least in my opinion. As others have mentioned, we may never get back to pre-Covid numbers for capacity, but even so, for days like Christmas Eve/Day, Thanksgiving, NYE and other very high traffic days, the guest relations line will be wrapped around the park with complaints. Which is understandable, of course they can always manage/limit capacity, but having to stress about getting a park pass for the right day makes it even harder to plan a WDW vacation, especially with the imminent return of some type of FP system. You'd need to book a ticket for a specific day, then make a reservation for a specific day, book your fastpasses for said days, book dining reservations, etc. All in the variable 180 day - 60 day prior period. There will be some type of consolidation, which I'm assuming is what Genie will become. Something like after you buy your tickets, you can pick the days for the parks and it an auto-populate FP+ suggestions, dining reservations etc, but something has to give. This post wound up being way longer than I intended but I digress
Park Pass serves no purpose except to force certain types of guests to other parks and/or to manage crowds on the high traffic days you mentioned.

Ripken10

I feel like this post belongs in the "fast pass+ not returning as it was" thread, not the WDW mask policy thread?

MagicHappens1971

I feel like this post belongs in the "fast pass+ not returning as it was" thread, not the WDW mask policy thread?
It probably does, but the several people above me were discussing the park pass system and the stuff I discussed so I felt it best pertained here for context of the conversation

TYOTimer

5F2B92CF-FFD9-4BA4-931B-0E4AAFFE556D.jpeg

When the media is putting stuff out like this, don’t expect Disney to get rid of masks for a very long time, unless the local and/or state government get involved. Masks will be gone entirely by October 1st, but I wouldn’t even guarantee them being gone before the summer stretch is over at this point.

Tom P.

View attachment 562712
When the media is putting stuff out like this, don’t expect Disney to get rid of masks for a very long time, unless the local and/or state government get involved. Masks will be gone entirely by October 1st, but I wouldn’t even guarantee them being gone before the summer stretch is over at this point.
Nobody has to go to a Disney park. It's not like a grocery store removing the mask mandate. If people are as concerned as these headlines suggest, they shouldn't be visiting the parks. I still believe that Disney will remove the mask mandates sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom