Disney Management LIES?! How Management cheated to kill an Epcot Attraction!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Disney Management lies? How Management may have cheated to kill an Epcot Attraction

TURN ON YOUR SPEAKERS! :D

In May, Disney opened up Epcot attractions several hours longer for resort guests in experimental "extra magic hours."

According to confirmed sources, the WONDERS OF LIFE pavilion had AMAZING attendance, especially at Body Wars. The pavilion was supposed to open from 9PM-12AM.

Well, suddenly Wonders of Life Cast Members got a memo from a HIGH UP saying that "attendance was not good." They forced the pavilion to close at 11pm instead.

Well, after examination, Wonders of Life had MORE GUESTS THAN EVERY RIDE except Test Track, Mission Space, and the Living Seas.

Management is not trustwrothy. Are they actually CHEATING to kill WoL? See my latest EPCOT UPDATES in News and Rumors to read more about what actually is going on in there.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: sorry for being so worked up in this thread. It was late at night, and I was pretty shocked. My extreme apologies -- The Reverend :D

DOUBLE EDIT!My shock is back! Go to page 3 of this thread to hear an updated version of this story.

General Grizz

Original Poster
speck76 said:
Maybe there are long term plans to replace the pavilion.....not everything is a conspiracy theory....
Well in the example, it had nothing to do with long term plans. The decision came from a single night's run of Wonders of Life.

It shows how management just isn't trustworthy. . .

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
<embed src="http://www.qubefactor.com/~wdwmedia/mkt/files/xfiles.mid" WIDTH="1" HEIGHT="1" LOOP="false" AUTOSTART="1">

And this isn't the first time they've done it. 20k was also management just wanting to have a ride shut down... or so I've heard

Disney management has more conspiracies in it than the X-files

speck76

General Grizz said:
Well in the example, it had nothing to do with long term plans. The decision came from a single night's run of Wonders of Life.

It shows how management just isn't trustworthy. . .

Management is management....they have a job to manage the park in an efficient and effective way.

Also, I was under the thought from other posts and discussion that the late-night opening of Epcot was a flop....the park was pretty slow.

I think it is unfair to call these individuals "untrustworthy"....it is kind of a knock on them personally, and that I disagree with that approach.

Face it, a decision has been made somewhere along the food chain on the future of Epcot, and that WoL is not a part of that future.

BigNorm

Grizz my friend I have a question. What are they wanting to replace WoL with? They don't need more convention space do they? I'd think Mill. Vill. is more than enough to accomidate conventions.

figmentfan

I don't trust Disney Management. They have done enough to WDW to destroy it. Journey Into Imagination (orginal) 20K, Mr. Toad's, Horizons, and I can go on and on and on............

Disney needs to stop listening to the ol' mighty dollar sign, and listen to the paying customers, sorry "guests," because we speak with our wallets. If Disney destorys enough of the old attractions, then I and others might spend our money elsewhere.

Horizons-Gone!
WOL-Gone!
The Land Pavilion (original)- Gone!
Journey Into Imagination (orginal)- Gone!
What's Next?!?!?!?!

tigger-wdw

whinning again..lol

grizz boy stop ur whinning you dont understand why disney does these things then read the usa paper dude didnt you hear the building a new entrance for the
NEW ATTRACTION SOARING!
stop whinning be thankful
disney does things to increase profits not take awayfor peoples enjoyment!
chill!

General Grizz

Original Poster
tigger-wdw said:
grizz boy stop ur whinning you dont understand why disney does these things then read the usa paper dude didnt you hear the building a new entrance for the
NEW ATTRACTION SOARING!
stop whinning be thankful
chill!
Sure did. . . got some new info on it in News and Rumors.

It's my thread, and I'll whine if I want to, whine if I want to, whine if I want to. :cry: ;)

Norm - don't think there are any plans. Which is unfortunate.

KevinPage

General Grizz said:
Management is not trustwrothy. Are they actually CHEATING to kill WoL? See my latest EPCOT UPDATES in News and Rumors to read more about what actually is going on in there.EDIT: sorry for being so worked up in this thread. It was late at night, and I was pretty shocked. My extreme apologies -- The Reverend :D

Think about it, why would management purposefully kill a ride/attraction? Don't you think that if the pavillion made them $$$ they would keep it open? It's not like someone has a personal vendetta agaisnt a building that they have an "axe to grind".

WoL is old, outdated and a ghost town anytime I was there or even care to venture inside it myself. People complain that Disney is cheap by closing things that don't made them alot of $$$, but then complain they close other things on purpose which are making them $$$. You can't have it both ways

Sharon L

According to confirmed sources, the WONDERS OF LIFE pavilion had AMAZING attendance, especially at Body Wars. The pavilion was supposed to open from 9PM-12AM.

Well, suddenly Wonders of Life Cast Members got a memo from a HIGH UP saying that "attendance was not good." They forced the pavilion to close at 11pm instead.

Well, after examination, Wonders of Life had MORE GUESTS THAN EVERY RIDE except Test Track, Mission Space, and the Living Seas.

I wonder about your sources. I guess I just find it hard to believe that the Wonders of Life pavillion had great attendance. I think it is always the most empty pavillion when we go. And I find it hard to believe that they would close the pavillion because of attendance figures for just one evening.

BigNorm

General Grizz said:
Norm - don't think there are any plans. Which is unfortunate.

Man that sucks, I hope we don't have another Odyssey on our hands: prime real estate with no development, know what I mean?

On a side note, I never experienced Cranium Command, oh the mistakes of youth.

Bluewaves

I have to say it looks like i am the only person on this board that didn't like the WoL pavillion. I only went in there to ride body wars and then left again all the other junk in there was never very interesting. Just my opinion but I think its time for somethign new but I would defenetly be sorry about loosing body wars. Not to mention the last couple of times I was in Epcot WoL seemed pretty dead, I don't think alot of people knew it was there and when it was it was a confusing pavillion and alot of people didn't go that far into it, other than goign to body wars and walking right back out. The pavillion was flawed, body wars shoudl have been all the way to the back where you would have had to walk through the whole pavillion to experience everything.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
BigNorm said:
On a side note, I never experienced Cranium Command, oh the mistakes of youth.

awwww man, that was a neat attraction. i really enjoyed (not trying to rub in face) just making you extra aware so you can try and watch tribute video or make it to the holiday openings.

waltdisny

tigger-wdw:
"stop whinning be thankful
chill!"

The problem is tigger, and Grizz's point, is that current Disney management has a history of making decisions designed to maximize SHORT-TERM profits that potentially sacrifice the long-term profitability of the company, (ie. the Disney Stores, etc.) and they often construct elaborate justifications for their decisions which have little basis in fact.

For example, they used the poor-attendance and unpopular attraction mantra to kill Toad, and replace it with Pooh. The real truth is Toad was as popular as any Fantasyland ride, but it was far cheaper (and hence more profitable) to gut Toad as opposed to constructing a whole new show building. Long term, it would have been better to have spent the extra money and had BOTH rides.

WoL sounds like it's the next up in this chain. Does anyone know if MetLife has pulled sponsorship? That would explain much.

se8472

Bluewaves said:
I have to say it looks like i am the only person on this board that didn't like the WoL pavillion. I only went in there to ride body wars and then left again all the other junk in there was never very interesting. Just my opinion but I think its time for somethign new but I would defenetly be sorry about loosing body wars. Not to mention the last couple of times I was in Epcot WoL seemed pretty dead, I don't think alot of people knew it was there and when it was it was a confusing pavillion and alot of people didn't go that far into it, other than goign to body wars and walking right back out. The pavillion was flawed, body wars shoudl have been all the way to the back where you would have had to walk through the whole pavillion to experience everything.

No your not the only one. And I also must ponder where this info is coming from. Every time I went into WoL the months before it closes there where little to no one in there. Body Wars had no line what so ever. And this was during normal park hours. Then to find out that WoL had more people then say land I find almost unbelievable just because I what I saw with m own eyes.

But really WoL has got to go. Just like WoM and Horizon. I am sick of people telling me that Epcot is boring...this is the only way to do it.

Thank you Management!

waltdisny said:
For example, they used the poor-attendance and unpopular attraction mantra to kill Toad, and replace it with Pooh. The real truth is Toad was as popular as any Fantasyland ride, but it was far cheaper (and hence more profitable) to gut Toad as opposed to constructing a whole new show building. Long term, it would have been better to have spent the extra money and had BOTH rides.

I just want to know where this "new show building" could have been built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom