Disney making Dumbo Remake

216bruce

In response to the OP query about how it will impact the parks...Live action remake of the Dumbo ride! Sit on/in people in elephant costumes that look vaguely like Johnny Depp and listen to Danny Elfman music while you go round and round. The landscaping will be mildly disturbing looking and when you are done riding it, you'll hate suburbia. Oh yeah, the ride attendants will all have "Big Eyes". Creepy? yes!

Hiro Hamada

First Tim Burton messes up Alice, and now he's gonna mess up Dumbo! What next? And I'm sure that that overrated Johnny Depp will be involved somehow!

Last edited by a moderator:

brb1006

First official image has been released.
n8ei624rdwt01.jpg

Magenta Panther

Well, I gotta admit...this looks kinda awesome. Although the CGI elephant/animal movement isn't as convincing as per the live-action Jungle Book. But boy does this flick look amazing visually. Brings back the nostalgia for circuses, which of course are now defunct. Too bad.

Plus it's got the feels. And that beautiful song...

Still, trailers often make mediocre films look good. Case in point: Christopher Robin. :p I watched - or TRIED to watch that - last weekend. I couldn't even finish it. All my fears were realized: fictional characters arrive in real world and wreak chaos. And none of it is even remotely convincing. It's a shame. If this film's story had been handled like Calvin and Hobbes - where the toys are real only to their owner - or better yet, like "Harvey" - where the unseen creature gradually becomes more and more real even to its doubters - this flick could have been a charmer. And it could have ended thusly:

Christopher Robin: Why is it my wife and daughter can see you now?

Pooh: Well, perhaps because the child in you has come to life again. And because he has, so have we.

Or something.

Also: While Pooh and Piglet looked wonderful, Eeyore and Tigger looked creepy as heck. As if they should be hanging out with Chucky rather than Christopher Robin. :eek:

BuddyThomas

I thought I read that this was going to be a thematic sequel to the original, but it looks like a straight remake.

Less problematic than the original, but I’m probably going to skip it. I feel so burnt out over these remakes.
The first teaser trailer was freaking amazing. This one makes some of the CGI look a little cheesy. Not sure what to make of the whole thing. Let's remember that the original movie was just over an hour. They are having to pad this with material to make it a "full length" feature in 2019. I'm sure (or I hope I'm sure) they got rid of the racist crows, and there will probably be other changes as well.

As for this trailer, aside from the CGI looking a little off, I have high hopes.

Princess Leia

The first teaser trailer was freaking amazing. This one makes some of the CGI look a little cheesy. Not sure what to make of the whole thing. Let's remember that the original movie was just over an hour. They are having to pad this with material to make it a "full length" feature in 2019. I'm sure (or I hope I'm sure) they got rid of the racist crows, and there will probably be other changes as well.

As for this trailer, aside from the CGI looking a little off, I have high hopes.
I’m with you on the CGI, something just doesn’t look quite right.

Unfortunately, I got more chills from watching the little teasers than this. It could still be a really good movie, I’m just a little hesitant.

Having the kids take the role of the crows would be a step in the right direction though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom