News Disney MagicMobile Service coming soon beginning with Apple devices

Surferboy567

Blog Mickey is reporting that Photopass Bluetooth linking has now been rolled out to all users of Magic Mobile.

EDIT: For all eligible attractions, not just the limited test of TOT.

day5rocks

I was able to add my MagicMobile pass to my Apple wallet the other day with no issues. Today I was entering MK and tried holding my Apple watch up to the reader and nothing happened. The cast member said I should try pulling up the pass on my wallet app (which I thought you don't have to do). I tried that and it still did nothing. I ended up just using my magic band so it wasn't a big deal, but has anyone else experienced this? The cast member said she wasn't very familiar with how it works so she didn't know how to help.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I used my Apple Watch at Animal Kingdom this afternoon without issue. I didn‘t have to do anything but just place my watch against the tapstyle and off I went.

mm52200

I was able to add my MagicMobile pass to my Apple wallet the other day with no issues. Today I was entering MK and tried holding my Apple watch up to the reader and nothing happened. The cast member said I should try pulling up the pass on my wallet app (which I thought you don't have to do). I tried that and it still did nothing. I ended up just using my magic band so it wasn't a big deal, but has anyone else experienced this? The cast member said she wasn't very familiar with how it works so she didn't know how to help.
Occasionally glitches it seems. Still relatively new and unfortunately the training isn’t very extensive, unless the CM already is familiar with Apple wallet technology, they don’t really know too much how to troubleshoot.
I know there are some tech issues on the Apple side of things that need to be worked out it seems.

Disney Analyst

Saw a guy on YouTube use it, was cool that he didn’t even need to open his wallet on phone, just held locked phone to reader and it popped up.

Lovely addition.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I used my Apple Watch at Animal Kingdom this afternoon without issue. I didn‘t have to do anything but just place my watch against the tapstyle and off I went.
Has anyone scratched the face of their Apple Watch on the tapstiles yet?

brettf22

Premium Member
Do you know what version Watch OS you’re running? You need to be running 7.3 or later. Another discovery I made when trying to get everything set up was that my Apple Watch Series 2 maxes out at Watch OS 6.3, so no MagicMobile for me on my Apple Watch.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Has anyone scratched the face of their Apple Watch on the tapstiles yet?
Glass on an Apple Watch is quite durable and scratch resistant, and since the Tapstile surface is plastic it's hard to imagine it could introduce any harm to the Watch surface. There are far more likely places in life for someone to scratch a watch face than the tapstile at a Disney park.

durangojim

Blog Mickey is reporting that Photopass Bluetooth linking has now been rolled out to all users of Magic Mobile.

EDIT: For all eligible attractions, not just the limited test of TOT.
We experienced a test that Disney is doing where they show you a number of on ride photos from your app and ask you to chose the correct ones of you and your party. My son and I were both wearing Apple watches and this was on slinky dog.

Surferboy567

We experienced a test that Disney is doing where they show you a number of on ride photos from your app and ask you to chose the correct ones of you and your party. My son and I were both wearing Apple watches and this was on slinky dog.
Interesting, you didn’t have to do anything? Keep the app open in the background? Did it just automatically link up with your pass in Apple Wallet?

I know you have to enable bluetooth but besides that is any action required? Besides picking which photo is yours of course.

Last edited:

durangojim

Interesting, you didn’t have to do anything? Keep the app open in the background? Did it just automatically link up with your pass in Apple Wallet?

I know you have to enable bluetooth but besides that is any action required? Besides picking which photo is yours of course.
As far as I know we didn't have to do anything. I have "allow app to refresh in background" set under settings on my iphone but I didn't open the app before the ride.

muteki

I haven't been back in a couple years but have a trip coming up next week, didn't order magic bands and was expecting cards instead. So it being so soon and nothing in the mail I called to ask what to expect and was told I was supposed to use my app instead and I thought "ok".

Some googling later and here I am with an Android phone and no tickets :p Luckily SO has an iPhone that we will try and sort out but I think WDW skipped a step...

donsullivan

Premium Member
I haven't been back in a couple years but have a trip coming up next week, didn't order magic bands and was expecting cards instead. So it being so soon and nothing in the mail I called to ask what to expect and was told I was supposed to use my app instead and I thought "ok".

Some googling later and here I am with an Android phone and no tickets :p Luckily SO has an iPhone that we will try and sort out but I think WDW skipped a step...
I’ve never seen them send cards through the mail the way they did Magic Bands. You should be able to get a card for your tickets and room admission at any Guest Services location or your resort front desk throughout the property? If you‘re admission tickets are showing up in MDE, they’ll be able to issue physical cards easily for you at no charge. Then, if you want to purchase Magic bands, you can do that.

muteki

I’ve never seen them send cards through the mail the way they did Magic Bands. You should be able to get a card for your tickets and room admission at any Guest Services location or your resort front desk throughout the property? If you‘re admission tickets are showing up in MDE, they’ll be able to issue physical cards easily for you at no charge. Then, if you want to purchase Magic bands, you can do that.
This was forever ago I think and probably a tickets-only transaction but I have gotten cards in the mail. I just assumed that is what would happen if I declined the 5$ fee they now ask for the bands.

Either way, I think I'll be stopping by the front desk as I'm not sure she will appreciate the phone fumbling every day on the way in.

flutas

I actually got cards mailed to me about 2 weeks ago for my upcoming trip. Then magicbands after that (ordered).

Surprised me to see them shipping cards.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I actually got cards mailed to me about 2 weeks ago for my upcoming trip. Then magicbands after that (ordered).

Surprised me to see them shipping cards.
Interesting. While I don't stay on-property all that often as a local, I've never received cards but my last stay was in Sept, 2020 before they stopped sending MB's

cmb5002

Great to hear.

Now I just have to hope they eventually expand to Fitbit. As it stands, attaching the magic band puck to my watch is still more convenient. Stinks that I'll have to buy a new one every 2 years to retain ride photos, but maybe they'll get it added to all smart watch systems before that happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom