News Disney MagicMobile Service coming soon beginning with Apple devices

donsullivan

Premium Member
Has anybody who have updated their phones to iOS 15 had issues with Magic Mobile? When I at MK the other day, every time I tried to use Apple Pay to pay for something, it would pull up my pass instead of my credit card. Maybe I am just being a moron but I have never had this issue before.
I heard a report on Friday of this happening for an Android user. Are you double-tapping the power button on the phone to put it into payment mode before placing it on the reader? I used my AppleWatch at MK and EC since the last updates and as long as I put the device into payment mode with a double-tap (which I've always done) I had no issues at all. From the report from the Android user, if you do not have the device in payment mode, Disney's POS will try to treat it as a MB and charge to the room account which I do not believe is a supported feature yet.

vikescaper

I heard a report on Friday of this happening for an Android user. Are you double-tapping the power button on the phone to put it into payment mode before placing it on the reader? I used my AppleWatch at MK and EC since the last updates and as long as I put the device into payment mode with a double-tap (which I've always done) I had no issues at all. From the report from the Android user, if you do not have the device in payment mode, Disney's POS will try to treat it as a MB and charge to the room account which I do not believe is a supported feature yet.
I believe that I did double tap the power button on my phone but I can’t remember for sure. I’ll try it again the next time I am there for the day at the end of the month.

dreday3

I believe that I did double tap the power button on my phone but I can’t remember for sure. I’ll try it again the next time I am there for the day at the end of the month.

I plan to use Google Pay while I'm there. I admittedly don't use it much - I have my card I want to use and then the Magic Mobile cards linked to G-pay.

When I go to check out- do I just tap the credit card I want to use in g-pay and pay?

vikescaper

I plan to use Google Pay while I'm there. I admittedly don't use it much - I have my card I want to use and then the Magic Mobile cards linked to G-pay.

When I go to check out- do I just tap the credit card I want to use in g-pay and pay?
I’m not sure how it works with G-pay but I know with Apple Pay, I should just have to double tap the power button to pay with my card. I only have my debit card in my wallet so I never have to select which card I want to use.

dreday3

I’m not sure how it works with G-pay but I know with Apple Pay, I should just have to double tap the power button to pay with my card. I only have my debit card in my wallet so I never have to select which card I want to use.

I feel like I'm going to be annoying to people in line behind me as I attempt to pay. I'll have to work on my charm skills. 😂

Ayla

Does Disney support Google Pay? I've only ever seen Apply Pay as an option.

dreday3

Am I the only one who actually loves Magicbands and enjoys using them?

No. I plan to use mine mostly.
But to pay for bigger things it's easier to use Google Pay because I can use my card linked to my checking account. I don't use that as my card linked to my magic band because they put holds on the account when you charge back to resort and my bank takes forever to drop them!

vikescaper

Am I the only one who actually loves Magicbands and enjoys using them?
I never minded Magic bands but once I started to wear a watch again, I wanted everything consolidated on one wrist. I didn’t want to wear my watch on one wrist and a Magic band on the other or stack them on one wrist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom