Disney magic at Shades of Green?

SallyShine

I have the opportunity to stay at Shades of Green next year. I had my heart set on Poly for our next trip. The price is great and will save us tons of money. I'm just worried that the "magic factor" will be low and the kids will be dissapointed. Any thoughts?

ImaYoyo

Shades of Green is a GORGEOUS resort, especially for the price. It is slightly less magical, but still a beautiful place, especially since the refurb. You should enjoy.

Upvote 0

cdunbar

Well Sally to be honest I have not stayed at Shades but if I was you it would look at it from the angle that if we save this money now, maybe at a later point whether that be a 1 or 2 or 4 yrs down the line you can stay at the Poly like u wanted to this time! Have a great trip!

POST 200, yay!:D

Upvote 0

DavidTheGreat

After looking at the pics, all I can say is WOW!!! This place has really changed. We stayed there in 2000, and everything was brown and green with very little imagination. One good feature (hope it's still there), there are live deer running around. We saw 2 of them in the parking lot.

Also, keep in mind that it's right across the street from the Grand FL. So you can take the monorail to MK without paying Grand FL prices.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Just remember that
a: there's no law that says you can't visit Poly, go to 'Ohana's (or you can enjoy the luau with the $$$ you're saving), watch the Water Pageant from the beach, etc.

b: If the trip is long enough, can you split it up? Maybe spend a few nights at the Poly and the rest at SoG? You'll still save some money, and you'll get to enjoy both resorts that way.

Upvote 0

wdwsog

Shades of green is awesome...WDWSOG is my screen name because I stay there everytime we go. You really can't beat the price, the rooms are the largest on property, food is cheaper (especially the breakfast buffet), access to a low cost AAFES store for drinks and such and right across the street from the poly to get on the monorail or take the easy bus service. I would jump at the chance and just visit the other resorts for meals and such. Have fun.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

The only bummer I found is that you can't get the dining plan if you stay there. I would love to see them make a deal with Disney so you can get it. We did really love it though.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

Original Poster
Thanks for the great feedback. I didn't realize you couldn't do Disney Dining if you stayed here. I'll have to give this some serious thought :brick:

Upvote 0

eagles

the lack of the disney dinning plan, is the major reason i stay at disney owned resorts.

when i want the plan i stay in disney resorts, when i don't care, and really want to save money, we stay at sog.

i am thinking about our next trip, and depending on how many people will be going, we are thinking of sog again.

Upvote 0

SallyfromDE

We were there last Easter and found the place to be quite boring. We saw nothing in regards to the "magic". All 5 of us have said that this is someplace we will not stay again unless it's a peak period when prices are higher in the resorts and airlines, so we can save some $$. Otherwise, it's a pass for us.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom