Disney Live Camera

Rob562

Many years ago they used to have webcams on the WDW website, but they haven't been active in over a decade. They were pretty rudimentary, and weren't full-motion. They updated an image every minute or two.

The closest you might get now is the weatherbug camera on top of the Dolphin looking toward Epcot.

There's another site, which I'd have to search around for, that often has Guests set up a webcam on their hotel balcony and stream it online. There was one I remember of a Boardwalk View from one of the Villas that I watched for a good half an hour, watching the boats coming and going from the dock, people walking along the Boardwalk, etc

-Rob

carole

Many years ago they used to have webcams on the WDW website, but they haven't been active in over a decade. They were pretty rudimentary, and weren't full-motion. They updated an image every minute or two.

The closest you might get now is the weatherbug camera on top of the Dolphin looking toward Epcot.

There's another site, which I'd have to search around for, that often has Guests set up a webcam on their hotel balcony and stream it online. There was one I remember of a Boardwalk View from one of the Villas that I watched for a good half an hour, watching the boats coming and going from the dock, people walking along the Boardwalk, etc-Rob

I think you might mean this onehttp://www.eyesonears.com/forum/live-video.php they often have webcams from the resorts or people stream live from the parks.

I'm not sure if this is true or if someone has told me a white lie but apparently they used to have web cams up at the magic kingdom but sadly they where removed due to them being seen as a terrorist threat :(

Clever Name

I'm not sure if this is true or if someone has told me a white lie but apparently they used to have web cams up at the magic kingdom but sadly they where removed due to them being seen as a terrorist threat :(

The webcam part is right, but the terrorist threat part is wrong. The MK did indeed have a live webcam (as did EPCOT) for many years but they were removed about 1998 or 1999 (long before 9/11/2001). WDW closely guards its attendance figures mainly because accurate guest attendance figures cost a lot of money. I know of at least four different companies that specialize in and have full time staff members whose sole responsibility is to devise and use techniques to accurately gauge and report WDW guest visitation. Crews work daily at WDW keeping track of attendance at all the theme parks and DTD. Why would WDW want to provide a webcam view of its crowds to companies that pay top dollar for such information?

There are a lot of organizations that would have you believe that they know WDW resort and park attendance figures. In reality only the Disney Company and a few private firms have accurate guest visitation figures and they all pay a lot of money for the information. The statistics branch of the Disney Company is larger than you might think

Style

I was LITERALLY just thinking this last night. My parents are in Hawaii and last night they called me to tell me to go to this site that had a live webcam. Sure enough there they were on the beach with phone in hand! It was a really cool experience, and I would love to see a live webcam in the parks so you can do exactly what I did last night.

bgraham34

I was LITERALLY just thinking this last night. My parents are in Hawaii and last night they called me to tell me to go to this site that had a live webcam. Sure enough there they were on the beach with phone in hand! It was a really cool experience, and I would love to see a live webcam in the parks so you can do exactly what I did last night.

True it would be cool but also annoying after a while. You might just want to tune in and then tons of people constantly waving at the camera. Ugh that would just annoy me.

mickeysshoes

I love that website...I go there all time to what we are missing. Sun...surf of Hawaii!! We found this when we took or Adventures by Dinsey trip to Hawaii back in 2006!!

rkelly42

Again check out eyesonears.com, people will stream live from their hotel rooms sometimes or do mobile streams from the parks. You might even be able to catch illuminations or wishes some nights. Remember to sign up and check the calender for upcoming streams. Even when there are no streams there is usually a cam pointed at DtD at all times.

disnerd

Check disneylivecams.com They have a lot of different cams, none of them are inside the parks however. They are facing the parks and you can see the parks but none in actually inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom