Disney Lightning

WEDisney

Actually its my web site. Thanks for the comments the picture is true and unaltered in any way. NASAMan is correct its fairly easy to catch the lightning but the luck comes in when you find out if the picture was blurry or not. My own brother thought it was fake until I showed him the 15 pictures of the same shot that did not include lightning and the 10 or so after it LOL. Just count the the time between lightning strikes a few times and get a general idea of when you think it might be coming. Open your shutter for 15-20 seconds and you should catch whatever strikes happen in that time frame. Thanks again for the comments.

ImaYoyo

Photo is a great reminder that FL is the lightning capital of the US...

Which is ALSO a great reminder that if you're at a waterpark and there's a huge storm in the area that it might not be a good idea to yell at the lifeguards for asking you to get out of the water!

(if you couldn't tell, I was at a waterpark over the weekend and saw this very thing. sad.)

Nemo14

Which is ALSO a great reminder that if you're at a waterpark and there's a huge storm in the area that it might not be a good idea to yell at the lifeguards for asking you to get out of the water!

(if you couldn't tell, I was at a waterpark over the weekend and saw this very thing. sad.)
I've seen that so many times. It's the know-it-all dads that are the worst.

FanofDinsey1981

Also, please don't yell at the lifeguards at any outdoor or indoor facility if there is lightning in the area. The kids who work as lifeguards make 7 bucks an hour, but are expected to save your life in an emergency. And they don't make the policy. Please be kind to them. (can you tell I worked as a lifeguard for 6 years?!)

k.hunter30

Also, please don't yell at the lifeguards at any outdoor or indoor facility if there is lightning in the area. The kids who work as lifeguards make 7 bucks an hour, but are expected to save your life in an emergency. And they don't make the policy. Please be kind to them. (can you tell I worked as a lifeguard for 6 years?!)
But they DO get a nice tan out of it...:lookaroun ...:shrug:

slappy magoo

I find that if they preface "Get out of the water!" with "Lightning! LIGHTNING!" a$$es get haules out of the water a whole lot faster :D

"Shark!" also works well, but probably not in a water park.

Harry456

sry about the lucky comment, but cmon that was an awesome shot!! i don't know if your a skilled photograhper (but obviously you are). sry about the comment but i can't help wonder if there was a touch of luck

WEDisney

sry about the lucky comment, but cmon that was an awesome shot!! i don't know if your a skilled photograhper (but obviously you are). sry about the comment but i can't help wonder if there was a touch of luck

I totally agree about the luck. I had about 15 shots (see below) with nothing, even after trying to time the lightning. So I think luck played a huge part in it. The picture itself is just an OK shot at night but with the lightning it made it memorable.

NoLight.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom