Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

asianway

I only hope that the long lts characters aren't tweedle dee/dum/clarabelle (who you can see in frontier land at that dance party thing) Remy (Hollywood studios parade)..... What about scrooge mcduck? Huey, Duey and Louis? launchpad? The gummibears? Robin hood? Prince John? Little John? The rescuers? Flora, fauna and merriweather?
You could get six of those. The others...some things you don't want to know

TalkingHead

Why are the "Boy Bands" even mentioned in this promotion? It's been at least 10 years since they were popular.

Such an odd thing to have on Main Street, much less to promote as a enticement to visit the park.

LucyBC

The announcement said it's 52 weeks of magic so I'm sure those are just a few of the themes and maybe Long Lost Friends is a recurring theme. I'd love for them to do a Duck Family week, I'd move mountains to be there!

imagineer boy

Okay, who is the idiot who cam eup with the Dapper Dans boy bands thing? That has to be the stupidest thing I think I have ever read. Seriously, whoever came up with that needs to be shot.

asianway

Okay, who is the idiot who cam eup with the Dapper Dans boy bands thing? That has to be the stupidest thing I think I have ever read. Seriously, whoever came up with that needs to be shot.
It's stupid, but it will make great fodder to mock in 30 years ala that trippy grad nite promo video, so I approve

bubbles1812

You could get six of those. The others...some things you don't want to know
I want to know! What does that last sentence mean? Meeting rare characters and partying with the villains on Friday 13th are the only two that really appealed to me. So which six of the ones she listed could we get and why not the others? Disney let their costumes get all moth eaten? (wouldn't surprise me). Really all these things they should be doing already. I wish they did. But it's a good idea nonetheless. Though as everyone else has said, that name is atrocious

spaceghost

I think that this is a cool idea. It actually seems to me like an expansion of the "One More Disney Day" promotion from earlier this year. Instead of one focused, somewhat unique event, we have 52. I think that they saw the much higher than expected turnout from the regulars and hardcore loyal fans for that event and said "How can we milk this year 'round?" That said, unique experiences are fun and make trips worthwhile, so I'm all for it.

asianway

It will interested to see how these spontaneous events will mix with the hyper-planning of FP+. Oil & water? Giving locals some benefit to offset what they are about to lose?

Will be interesting to see how it plays out

MissMorrow

I like the idea and will be curious to see what the other weeks will be themed to. I vote Kungaloosh week!!

That being said, I think the more appropriate name for this is "The stuff we took away from you and/or already do, but are now giving back for a limited time and calling special Celebration." From a business standpoint, it's a somewhat clever way of getting more $$ out of the locals who are spending it at Universal and the like, as well as the out-of-staters who may be persuaded into taking a trip by the sense of urgency the name creates.

Tom Morrow

I'm sorry, I just can't get over this. It sounds like they put a bunch of buzz-words in a bowl and drew out a few of them at random. Or, maybe they used the Magical Marketing Machine Buzzword Generator.
Thats all this or any celebration promotion really is... nothing too noteworthy here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom