Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

GrumpyFan

I'm so confused by the title of this promotion. Imagineering works to try and "Plus" the parks and now marketing is "Limiting" the magic? This just doesn't make a lot of sense.

So does this mean that EVERY week in 2013 will have a different theme?

Now see, THAT would be cool, if it was what they were actually doing, or even a different theme for every month. But, from the sound of it, they're going to be having occasional magic moments.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Terrible, horrible, awful name. Someone in the marketing department should be fired over this. When I saw this I thought this was a name given by one of the more bitter members of these discussion forums. Something like, "Hey, the Yeti was Limited Time Magic."

I am really hoping that these "experiences" are really just thinly veiled attempts to see how popular some of these types of offerings would be on a more full-time basis.

Nmoody1

I only hope that the long lts characters aren't tweedle dee/dum/clarabelle (who you can see in frontier land at that dance party thing) Remy (Hollywood studios parade)..... What about scrooge mcduck? Huey, Duey and Louis? launchpad? The gummibears? Robin hood? Prince John? Little John? The rescuers? Flora, fauna and merriweather?

Tip Top Club

Well, I gotta agree with everyone else...Terrible Name. Great Idea.

It makes me think that this won't be the focus of their ad campaign though, It sounds like it will probably focus on New Fantasyland and the Rebranded DCA, whereas this will probably be marketed on a smaller scale on the blog. Just a thought.

As for the big question is there going to be a celebration EVERY week? Obviously the ones they mentioned are probably the biggest ones, but who knows? And who knows how big each one will be? It would be really nice if they went all out and did things like segments for Celebrate the Magic (Like they used to change out MMY sections every so often) or pre-parades, and here's hoping they get rid of that awful LTMB banner in front of the train station....

GrumpyFan

The use of the word "Limited" would seem to imply that the magic may or may not be available when you visit, that is unless you read the full disclosure.

sponono88

Yeah, i'm not sure about the name but at least the events they have planned sound like fun. Except of course for the Dapper Dans: Remixed..

This seems to be a year-long extension of the Family Fun Weekends that Disneyland hosted last year. The week-long celebrations, along with obscure character appearances and online voting -- it all sounds very familiar!

Last year's blog post for Family Fun Weekends (a name that I think works better than "Limited Time Magic") http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...di-gras-and-more-jan-14-through-march-6-only/

ExtinctJenn

Even my DH agrees this is just a horrible name for the promotion. His response was "are they saying even their magic is limited?" I couldn't have said it better myself! His next comment? "It sounds like someone said 'Oh sh*t! We forgot to run the 2013 promo!! Quick, give me a name!" I've warned him that he's saying the same things my fellow Disnuts are here and that means he's officially one of us. LOL!

EDIT: His suggestion "Classic Magic" --- LOVE IT!

menamechris

While it does sound horrible - we know what kinds of clueless people go to Disney. So - they had to convey somewhere in the title of the promotion that - for example - just because all the pirates were out for photo-ops in March for Pirates Week - don't expect them to be out in July. All Guest Services needs are idiots screaming at them, because they didn't know these offerings weren't permanent.

So while the name could be better - let's pick our battles here...

ExtinctJenn

My biggest disappointment with the name is I think it overshadows some really neat stuff they have planned. Also with so much going on right now on property in each location, all the new lands and refurbishments and truly incredible things, they should've found a way to bring that excitement into the promotion.

Will it stop me from booking it? NOPE! :D

pumpkin7

Sounds like a fun promotion, just the name is very negative. 'Limited Time' makes it sound, well, limited.

I have a question about the 4th July Week. That's one of the weeks we will be visiting. Might sound stupid but they aren't painting the castle red, white and blue are they? Just bathing it with light? I don't want another pink castle cake fiasco!

Bolna

I must admit that I am excited about to find out what limited time magic they might offer during the trip I have planned for next year (unless it is the Dapper Dans singing Backstreet Boys). But then the cynic in me thinks: what a great opportunity for all the bloggers to get a new topic to photograph and write about every week for 2013... ;)

pumpkin7

Wait wait wait, hold the show:

'Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys. '

One Direction?! ONE DIRECTION?! How on earth have they managed to weasel their way into WDW (even if not in person) and be on a boyband list before *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys?! My word...

WDW1974

My first Spirited thoughts upon hearing this 'announcement' this morning:

1.) Is this the Transformers swatter?;
2.) Don't they have enough faith in the 'new' Fantasyland to create a FLA based campaign around it?;
3.) Gee, why does it seem like almost everything listed is tied to LE merchandise (see EPCOT30)?;
4.) How much of this will cost very little to do?;
5.) How many fans will and moan because everything is 'limited' and someone may not be able to plan a trip around the 2-3 things that may hold appeal?

On a personal level, nothing they are doing excites me except for the return of Golden Horseshoe Jamboree (and they didn't mention a month for this) as it should be a permanent deal ... and it just reminds me that my beloved Diamond Horseshoe will never be used as more than an overflow dining location when free dining overwhelms them.

Things like Valentine's may seem like big deals, but I'll point out that the first hard ticket event the MK ever held back in the 1980s was themed to the holiday and offered no more than 2-3 nights.

Leaving one park on each coast open until 1 a.m. on 9/13, well that's nice for folks visiting (at WDW on one of the two slowest Fridays of the year traditionally) but like much of what was mentioned, much ado about little.

I was sorta hoping that April would be the Go Blue month to celebrate Pandora featuring walk around blue alien sex kittens at DAK and special blue food all around with a special weekend of James Cameron meet and greets. Maybe someone should suggest this to Blondie, Tommy and the Celebration Place gang.

WDW1974

I too think the name is odd, but I'll back it up 150% if July 4th Week means we get DL's/MK's Celebrate America and ROE's tag all week!

They already show MK's Independence Day show two days and DL's four, so jumping to seven (likely with less pyro) isn't that big a deal. I strongly doubt RoE will be included in this, but that is just a very educated guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom