Disney Land for the first and maybe only time

tractorm3

so as it happens I am going to be away on business jan 29th through the first of feb. my hotel is a 15 walk from Disney Land. I will have maybe one afternoon on Sunday to visit the park. Can anyone guide me with a plan of attack? Which park? Harare the must dos?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Thats tough. You almost dont have time to do either being limited to an afternoon only. I would probably do MK and try to hit the main attractions. HM may be down for its overlay removal. Pirates is a must do as well as JC. FL dark rides as well.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

I personally have never been to DLR (sadly!) but if I were in your position, I'd definitely go to Disneyland...The original park. I'd hit all the classics I could.
If you're looking for more Disneyland info or touring tips, I would head to the Disneyland section of this forum. Lots of helpful folks and info there.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

Disneyland Park is the one to go to because of its history. I would start with a grand circle tour on the DLRR to get the lay of the land and to see the Grand Canyon and Primeval World. I would then hit up any of the rides they don't have in Florida. Some suggestions are the Matterhorn, Mr. Toad, Mr. Lincoln, Alice in Wonderland, Storybook Land, Casey Jr., Pinocchio, Finding Nemo, Roger Rabbit and definitely Indiana Jones! Pirates is also longer and some say better in DL starting out floating past the Blue Bayou restaurant. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

kaitertot5249

I would also vote for Disneyland rather than DCA. Disneyland is better for the ambiance and the "classic Disneyland experience". I would recommend that you try and hit all of the classics. My recommended must dos: get some churros or a Dole Whip, explore New Orleans Square (one of the best-themed areas in the US Disney parks), enjoy the atmosphere, watch the fireworks and the parade, ride Pirates (much better than WDW version), Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, Alice, Mr. Toad, Jungle Cruise, it's a small world (just to name a few!). I would also head over to the Disneyland part of this forum, people over there were very helpful when I planned my two days at DLR this past summer.

Have fun!!!!

Upvote 0

JoMarch

I guess I'd also say hit DL. Go in with a plan!

If you arrive at the park opening, go to Fantasyland first. It gets very crowded and most rides do not have a fast pass.

If you arrive in the afternoon, I'd hit Adventureland first and work your way around from that direction.

I'd also utilize (as much as possible) the fast pass ticket system. I'd pick 2 rides close together, fast pass one, wait on line for the other. Also use any "single rider" option - that line moves faster!

ALSO - do a google search. Some rides in DL have their OWN fast pass system, so you can have "2" fast passes at the same time!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

so as it happens I am going to be away on business jan 29th through the first of feb. my hotel is a 15 walk from Disney Land. I will have maybe one afternoon on Sunday to visit the park. Can anyone guide me with a plan of attack? Which park? Harare the must dos?
How much time do you expect to have?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom