News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

Sir_Cliff

Sounds like what the show should have always been. Kite moments enjoyed from anywhere in the lagoon, not a seated theatre experience.
I agree. Having this function more as entertainment you stumble upon while walking around the park is more appropriate than having people wait around and sit down to watch it at scheduled times. I still sincerely think this is their most successful new entertainment offering of the 50th: at least it's stupid and fun without pretensions of anything more!

WorldExplorer

They have to modify it. I've seen the show in the rain when they don't have the floor performers; Lion King is fine, but there's a chunk of Jungle Book that's only puppets and long enough to feel extremely awkward without them.

I liked the puppets. Colonel Hathi's March was the best part of the Jungle Book version, as far as I was concerned, and the monkeys added a more chaotic feeling to the I Wanna Be Like You sequence. I'm a little sad. Then again, it's only KiteTails.

(Lion King's were lame, but that one had much better kites.)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Just put a nighttime show back at AK. That’s what we all want.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park's "Glow with the Show" budget-cut edition!
Here's a sneak preview of merch* and concept art. Aloha Minnie!
81WjcAYGT5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

*Glow products sold separately.

Magic Feather

Narrow paths and too many people?
One of my favorite stories about DAK's mid 2010's overhaul is how they intentionally set about widening paths and creating more guest access paths (largely for the purpose of enabling a parade to flow through the park well) just for them to realize that it still wasn't enough.

That said, I'd love to see them attempt some type of water-based parade along the discovery river. Admittedly they can't make things too large for bridge clearance and the Avatar-Africa walkway being a tight squeeze, but it would be an interesting concept.

JoeCamel

One of my favorite stories about DAK's mid 2010's overhaul is how they intentionally set about widening paths and creating more guest access paths (largely for the purpose of enabling a parade to flow through the park well) just for them to realize that it still wasn't enough.

That said, I'd love to see them attempt some type of water-based parade along the discovery river. Admittedly they can't make things too large for bridge clearance and the Avatar-Africa walkway being a tight squeeze, but it would be an interesting concept.
They could run boats all day with characters, bands of characters and dancers up and down. Doesn't have to be huge just a few on each one. People would enjoy and move along knowing they encounter them in other water crossings and paths along the river. Keep the BGM to a minimum and it would be a hit for little money but we know the calculus today is towards less performers so ......
What a way to make the whole place a jumping jamboree

TikibirdLand

They could run boats all day with characters, bands of characters and dancers up and down. Doesn't have to be huge just a few on each one. People would enjoy and move along knowing they encounter them in other water crossings and paths along the river. Keep the BGM to a minimum and it would be a hit for little money but we know the calculus today is towards less performers so ......
What a way to make the whole place a jumping jamboree
Maybe, for an upcharge, allow visitors to ride boats while the characters are riding theirs. That way, you could see them closer. Maybe have a jungle cruise style ride in that waterway...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom